Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by teal
I'm all for taking drunks off the road but how many here who see no issue with simply stopping everyone because they're driving to check would have no problem with random, unannounced, warrant-less inspections of your home just because you own a gun?

It's just to get the illegal guys' guns and if you've done nothing illegal - you have nothing to worry about. Right?
Exactly. If you haven't done anything illegal, why won't you let us search your car? If you don't have anything to hide, why not Citizen?

NHK9's opinion on saturation patrols may work in higher populated areas, but here in ruralville I can see where checkpoints are the only useful means of getting drunks and dopers off the road.
Thus far, my family and I have successfully dodged all the drunks and dopers. Cops running down the road all the time and getting out and strutting around in the middle of the highway instead of letting people find a safe place to pull off, create more of a hazard around here than drunks do. I don't know how a decent drunk could even get out of the parking lot whatwith all the police around these parts. YMMV but the population is pretty thin up here, in fact, Oklahoma is a smaller state but still has Kansas beat by about a million folks.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by ldholton
Now I don't agree with just setting up and stopping everyone for no reason (DWI checkpoint) But, it's much easier to just be nice comply and be on your way , UNLESS you've been drinking , which you shouldn't be doing. So little "tricks" like mentioned is just way to get away with something that's illegal anyway ?? So bitching that these stops are illeagle , but supporting the "tricks" to get away with something illeagle, seems odd to me
Btw..."illeagle" is a non-word that seems to be describing a sick bird. The word for breaking the law is "illegal". You can pay me when you see me.

You shouldn't jump on someone for spelling/ grammar errors when you yourself are guilty of it. "Cow-towing" is hauling a cow in a livestock trailer. "Kow-towing" is the proper word.
You're right. Sorry Grammer.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Glad for the safe travels so far EE, may just be me but I've never had any trouble with any interaction with Coppers, hell, they like me for some reason.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm all for taking drunks off the road but how many here who see no issue with simply stopping everyone because they're driving to check would have no problem with random, unannounced, warrant-less inspections of your home just because you own a gun?

It's just to get the illegal guys' guns and if you've done nothing illegal - you have nothing to worry about. Right?
Exactly. If you haven't done anything illegal, why won't you let us search your car? If you don't have anything to hide, why not Citizen?

I've never had one search my vehicle...roll down the widow & talk to me...yes.
The one aspect that I haven't seen mentioned is that "DRIVING" is a privilege & not a right Lots of people aren't allowed to drive because of mental or physical defects not even slightly related to DUI...DUI checkpoints an infringement of my constitutional rights??? Yeah...right.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The story is always the same when these checkpoints make the local paper the next morning.

A couple arrests for DUI, occasionally an outstanding warrant, and 82 revenue tickets written for expired tags, burnt out lightbulbs, and suspended licenses from past failures to pay the above.

Slippery slope? We're there and past.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by aspade
The story is always the same when these checkpoints make the local paper the next morning.
A couple arrests for DUI, occasionally an outstanding warrant, and 82 revenue tickets written for expired tags, burnt out lightbulbs, and suspended licenses from past failures to pay the above.
Slippery slope? We're there and past.

Nice post. Revenue generation, first and foremost, under the 'guise' of something else.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I've never had any real issues with cops,but I'll be damned if I want to be stopped without probable cause.

And as far as I'm concerned driving not bring a right has nothing to do with it. The 4th gives me any rights I need. Good thing our state Supreme Court agrees,funny how different parts of the country think they have the most freedom.

Last edited by wisturkeyhunter; 02/21/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That would be fine. Not sure why any decent Conservative would have an issue with that since it would not interfere with their legal hunting activities or legal organized shooting events.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
I've never had any real issues with cops,but I'll be damned if I want to be stopped without probable cause.

And as far as I'm concerned driving not bring a right has nothing to do with it. The 4th gives me any rights I need. Good thing our state Supreme Court agrees,funny how different parts of the country think they have the most freedom.

Actually, the 9th and 10th would cover everything but those are just suggestions they can follow if they want. It isn't like a law intended for civilians where it mentions a punishment for non-conformity.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
The one aspect that I haven't seen mentioned is that "DRIVING" is a privilege & not a right. DUI checkpoints an infringement of my constitutional rights??? Yeah...right.

Yeah...y'all pay for the roads and we'll (government) decide whether y'all can drive on em' or not. You have to get our permission (government) to actually 'use' something that we made you pay for.

If one has no problem with DUI checkpoints looking for illegal drivers (drunks)...then one shouldn't have a problem with ones home being checked also, looking for illegal guns. In either case, if you've done nothing wrong, then you've got nothing to worry about...right...?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
The one aspect that I haven't seen mentioned is that "DRIVING" is a privilege & not a right. DUI checkpoints an infringement of my constitutional rights??? Yeah...right.

Yeah...y'all pay for the roads and we'll (government) decide whether y'all can drive on em' or not. You have to get our permission (government) to actually 'use' something that we made you pay for.

If one has no problem with DUI checkpoints looking for illegal drivers (drunks)...then one shouldn't have a problem with ones home being checked also, looking for illegal guns. In either case, if you've done nothing wrong, then you've got nothing to worry about...right...?

Yes, and we all pay rent in the form of property tax.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
In my opinion all checkpoints are unconstitutional.

The only exceptions being perhaps an Amber alert with a high probability of the child being in an area that could be contained or some other exigent circumstance.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
^

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am in the cop dis-liker camp. That's a few notches above cop hater, and way down the scale from friends.

I hate their lack of regard for free society under our Constitution where citizens in good standing have rights. Meaning, you can't take them away just because you think you want to try. They simply disrespect peoples rights or they wouldn't continually push the envelope. You can bet they're burning alot of brain cells trying to figure out a way around that flyer. That tells me all I need to know.

They're on the other side.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice post Fireball2. Spot on.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
This govmt. is smart enough to get SOME people to beg for what Hitler tried to force on the world. It's all for the children you know. We need to take those pesky rights away from you for your own good, and to PROTECT you, HA HA. BOO!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Originally Posted by pira114
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Cops hate the Constitution.

That's a hell of a blanket statement.

And full of chit.

So was the cop

Don't have a problem with that statement.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I enjoy the fact they are not allowed in my current state of residence.

Something about sunshine and a dogs azz.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think they are unconstitutional too. Normally when driving police need PC or reasonable suspicion to stop someone. Herding ALL drivers into one stop has neither. How about I get a snoot full and my wife drives into a stop. The window goes down and the car reeks. I don't think we will get a pass. My wife will have to prove she isn't drunk.
BTW, it's routine for cops around here to ask young (<30) drivers for permission to search cars for tail light out, failure to signal or what ever BS infraction they claim when they are stopped.

Last edited by smarquez; 02/21/15.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

How about the police stake out some bars and follow anybody who looks like he's had a few?

More efficient than a checkpoint.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 3,093 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,255
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.