-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are a hell of a lot of fun to rally on mountain roads!

Pretty sure I was a lesbian before I bought my first Subaru, but it's official now I guess.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
And in Bozeman if you are driving a Subaru it is a city ordinance that the dog in the back must be a lab. If it is a male it must be named "Bridger" and if it is female it must be named " Madison".

This is not an optional program.

And the Luggage rack must have a Yakima Space Pod thingy on it.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Bozeman is a funny town, not funny ha ha.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with the posters who tout the bad weather capabilities of Subarus. My wife and son drive them and we really don't care what people think. They really work well in snowy, icy conditions, and the AWD system seems to be the best available at the price point. They do seem to be rough on tires, although the newest two are much better, and the gas mileage is not great, but those are secondary and tertiary concerns. We did have one that had recurring oxygen sensor problems and also needed new head gaskets at 60,000, but the company ate all but the first sensor replacement. We also don't run them for 150,000 miles, and the value holds up well around here, so getting a decent amount for a used one is not a problem.

When my son was in high school and got to drive the hand-me-down Outback, I made the mistake of telling him about the Campfire impression of Subarus, and that became a problem, but he endured. (He did not have a choice.) He now drives an Impreza that we gave him before college. He does a lot of bad weather driving over a 9000 foot mountain pass, and he realizes now that performance beats stereotypes and marketing. I don’t think we could have put him in a safer vehicle for twice what we paid for it new.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most commercials seemed to designed to make me not buy their products. Dr. Pepper is the worst one, and Carls Jr. is the only one that I like, that comes to mind immediately. That said, I seldom watch commercials. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My mechanic bought a Suburu Outback station wagon with 150K on it and loves it. And he doesn't love easily.

We got the wife a Toyota and never considered a Sub.

LOL
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Simple statement of fact. Subaru has the best, as in most clever, car ads on TV. “They lived.”

if you have seen one macho part-of-your-manhood truck ad you have pretty much seen them all.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've seen the new They Lived commercial, but other than that, the only one I can recall is the old ones with Paul Hogan.

I do remember seeing the print add with the heavy, short haired, gal. Gross.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

if you have seen one macho part-of-your-manhood truck ad you have pretty much seen them all.

That is the point of advertising. Subaru targets liberals and gays, Ford doesn't want gays driving their trucks so they target men.

If they don't target the consumer for the purpose of buying their product, their money would be wasted. Have you ever seen a beer commercial that wasn't selling beer to beer drinkers?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've got a friend who drives one, and I always crack up whenever I see it because he has stickers on it like "deer, the other red meat", and "NRA Life Member", and usually has it piled to the roof with muzzleloaders and/or fly rods. Not the typical Subaru for sure.

Another guy I know used to longline trap bobcats and coyotes out here in the breaks in one... He said it got around better in the snow than his Chevy.. crazy

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If you ever went to a trailhead where there were several pickups and one Subaru parked there, the only vehicle that would still have air in the tires would be the Subaru...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When my first one got totaled this last summer , my buddy said "thank god. That thing was gayer than chit" laugh Then I bought another.

Fact is they are popular for a reason that goes beyond advertising.

Last season I was dead set on driving through Seattle with a carcass on the roof. A friend and I both tagged out but just chucked them in the back instead of on the roof rack. The Forester held two whole, but headless, frozen mule deer and all our gear. Pretty dam good!

Next year, it's going on the roof for a tour of Seattle for sure!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The queerest thing about this thread is learning that big, tough, manly men make decisions on which car to drive not based on performance, personal needs, or reliability, but on commercials. Really? Learn to think for yourselves, now that's manly.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

That is the point of advertising. Subaru targets liberals and gays, Ford doesn't want gays driving their trucks so they target men.

If they don't target the consumer for the purpose of buying their product, their money would be wasted. Have you ever seen a beer commercial that wasn't selling beer to beer drinkers?

But it still remains that the Subaru ads are almost always clever and original and the truck ads are not.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RogueHunter

Standard on all models Subaru...

[Linked Image]

ya gota be a [bleep] to buy one to.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by srwshooter
Originally Posted by RogueHunter

Standard on all models Subaru...

[Linked Image]

ya gota be a [bleep] to buy one to.

That's not a Subaru. Looks Honda or Acura.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Czech_Made
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by Czech_Made
I am convinced pickup drivers are compensating for something.

Yea,,, they're compensating for having to haul chit and not born jack-asses.

That is their problem, not mine. Not giving enough space when passing, riding bumpers like some demented freak, using huge pickup to commute back and forth to government office job - thats daily reality in Northern Virginia.

They can drive whatever the puck they want to drive to work what business is it of yours?

Their a$$hole behavior puts me in danger. What is it to you, do you drive a pickup?

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LOL, looks like quite few pickup drivers found themselves in my post.

I apologize for their bruised ego, there was on offense intended.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cooper57m
The queerest thing about this thread is learning that big, tough, manly men make decisions on which car to drive not based on performance, personal needs, or reliability, but on commercials. Really? Learn to think for yourselves, now that's manly.

I am sure you have seen the movie "Sleepless In Seattle...

Well, this guy hasn't...

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
He does a lot of bad weather driving over a 9000 foot mountain pass, and he realizes now that [[Subaru] performance beats stereotypes and marketing. I don’t think we could have put him in a safer vehicle for twice what we paid for it new.

In 1997 I bought a used Ford Taurus station wagon for my kids to drive to school. My son (16 at the time) hit a patch of wet leaves at 15 mph going around a corner, hit a big ol' maple tree, and that POS Ford crumpled up like an empty Budweiser can. I did some research and confirmed that that car was a known unsafe POS, and if I wanted my kids to be as safe as possible on the ch!tty ice/wet roads of Wisconsin, I needed to buy a Volvo or a Subaru. Those were the two safest cars on the road at the time. I bought a used 1994 Subaru Legacy wagon with 66,000 miles on it.

I sold that Legacy wagon 10 years later with over 500K miles and virtually no money/work on it other than routine maintenance. Since then my kids and I have owned 4 more Subaru's, and all of them have been solid, reliable cars that perform on snow & ice better than 95% of the cars on the road.

I don't drive one now simply because we have snow & ice in this part of Texas exactly 1.428 days per year.

And as for penis-extenders, er, I mean, pickup trucks... Yes, I drive a pickup, and I use the sumbitch, but if I didn't live out here in the middle of BFE I wouldn't drive a pickup. I could get more use out of a Subaru Forester and a utility trailer and save a couple thousand dollars a year on fuel costs.

Most of the folks who "need" a pickup truck, don't. Pickups perform horribly on snow & ice, they get lousy gas mileage, and they don't ride for ch!tt compared to the average sedan. Not to mention that NTSB stats show that a pickup is much more dangerous to its occupants in a wreck than a sedan or minivan, more prone to roll over, and with less side impact protection.

Everybody insists they "need" four-wheel-drive, but if you look at the stats, most 4WD pickups never leave pavement, not even once! And if you look at the honest use of pickups for hauling stuff (and I'm talking about personal vehicles, not vehicles used for work) the pickup bed is empty for over 99 out of every 100 miles driven.

I saw the cutest little gal at a local restaurant the other day... she couldn't have been more than 5'4" in her 5" heels, and she had as good as the dad-gummed biggest, perkiest rack and shiniest peroxide-blonde hair-dos I've ever seen, and it was hard not to laugh as I watched her clamber up into her lifted F150 4X4 after leaving the diner.

Seems to me if we start talking about stereotypes of people & their vehicles, I'd have to say that the biggest, baddest pickups are typically driven by short guys and short gals. The guys are usually bald/ing and the gals usually have big ol' fake titties. At least that's my observation.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (06hunter59, 160user, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 51 invisible), 16,840 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,901
Posts18,538,748
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.