R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll

Fruits of a corrupted tree.

Just another liberal lie.

Yep, its the UT paper... what would one expect from a commie liberal college.

That being said there sure are a few vocal idiot proponents that make it look bad for everyone.... but we are back to the shootouts in the street that folsk predicted with legal CHL... which never really happened....

It won't happen here either.

And I"ll never carry open in public either...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
I like Vermont's way the best. Carry openly or concealed, without a permit.

I like that.

Michigan requires a license to carry concealed, but open carry is legal in most places. Also, in a strange twist of laws, a CPL holder cannot carry concealed in a public school, but CAN open carry at those same schools with that same CPL.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by bruinruin

I like that.

Michigan requires a license to carry concealed, but open carry is legal in most places. Also, in a strange twist of laws, a CPL holder cannot carry concealed in a public school, but CAN open carry at those same schools with that same CPL.

IIRC, the states of Wyoming, Arizona, and Alaska have adopted Vermont's way of doing things.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I like that.

IIRC, the states of Wyoming, Arizona, and Alaska have adopted Vermont's way of doing things.

South Dakota may well join them soon. I believe that Idaho is or has strongly considered it as well.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pollsters such as this, can word the question and ask in the right area, and get just about any results they desire.

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 4ager

I like that.

South Dakota may well join them soon. I believe that Idaho is or has strongly considered it as well.

This is true.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The best thing that open carry laws do is protect the person carrying concealed if their concealment fails. Most folks don't get this, and the NRA has always been opposed to OC - it doesn't bring them revenue.

Illinois' CC law leaves some to be desired in a lot of ways, but they have this covered.
The law reads that a pistol carried under CC License must be fully or mostly concealed.

I agree that any law that denies open carry is unconstitutional.
I also agree that those who carry openly in cities, to make a political point, are morons.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

+1 !

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have been carrying Concealed since 1978. Perfectly legal to open carry here. I, and the Majority of Gun owners, much prefer not to draw unnecessary attention to themselves.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If one has to ask big brother for permission to conceal carry; then open carry should be an without question.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Living in Texas and having a CHL I would like to see the open carry be approved. I think it's a pain in the ass having to hide my CHL pistol in the different types of clothes I wear. Plus guessing whether or not someone has a gun is gamble, seeing people wearing guns would definately take the gamble away for a bad guy to do something stupid. But after some of the crap I've seen at Texas gun ranges, I still believe that a CHL class of some sort would need to be implemented for open carry. There's just too many people that don't know what the hell they are doing. That poll if done in liberal Austin doesn't suprise me one bit!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Never had an issue hiding the gun in TX.

But then I don't do shorts. And I don't swim, so I have my bases covered pretty well if not at home...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

This. I don't believe the poll for one second.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Yep. You have to consider the source. If it was a UT/TT poll, you can bet that most of the people polled live within 15 minutes of downtown Austin, which ain't really Texas...

^^^This^^^ And even if open carry should pass in TX, I'll still be carrying my handgun concealed.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
As stated already, open carry would be good for when your
gun is exposed for a minute or ten.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When you consider that Pat f'kin' Leahy, Bernie freakin' Sanders, and Howard damn Dean can go to VT and carry open, concealed or however, but G.W.B., Ted Cruz, and Ron Paul can only carry in TX with a "mother-may-I" permit, and Lord help them if the weapon shows, that ought to tell you how f'ked up TX law on this subject actually is.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
C
It's still just amazing to me that far left Vermont has much better gun laws than TX, and always has.

VT is an interesting place. They might be liberal, but they sure are anti-government. Odd, but reminds me of one of those four-quadrent charts.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Akbob5
C
It's still just amazing to me that far left Vermont has much better gun laws than TX, and always has.

VT is an interesting place. They might be liberal, but they sure are anti-government. Odd, but reminds me of one of those four-quadrent charts.

Yeah, it is odd. My opinion doesn't mean squat, I'd like to carry for protection but it's just not worth the drama or political skin. I always carry in the truck but not on the person to avoid these jurisdictional complications. I feel like the anti's are winning with guys like me that just want life to be a little less complicated.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Akbob5
C

You ain't spent much time in VT.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,325
Posts18,487,480
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.