Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ask the cows how they feel about not eating. I don't drive around all morning looking to be ideologically pure.

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Hell, the only things fundamental to life are food/water/fire/shelter

Everything else is secondary.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
And if Ford was openly against the livestock industry we sure as hell wouldn't be supporting their company.

Really pretty basic logic.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

True, nowhere does the need to buy a Subaru outweigh the other options available. Subaru isn't the only car you can buy...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Exactly.

My wife has an AWD Ford(made in Illinois) parked in the driveway.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I see it all the time. Hell, I'm sick just seeing the pages of RIP for a 'Fire member that was an Obama ball licker.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Off topic, but when has that slowed anyone down, "A piece of tin, a piece of board, put them together, and you have a Ford".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Steelhead

True, nowhere does the need to buy a Subaru outweigh the other options available. Subaru isn't the only car you can buy...

That is true. I could have spent a minimum of $25,000 more to get 2 cars with comparable features that we needed, which also costs more for insurance and annual license fees, and requires a 100 mile round trip for service. And, where do I draw the line? Can I buy a Toyota? The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor and killed a lot of Americans. Can I buy a Ford? The Yankees suppressed the south during the Civil War.

I also could shop at mom and pop stores and pay $50 more per shopping trip than going to WalMart. Maybe I should, but I don't.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 02/25/15.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to send a pic of dead animals in my Subaru to the Subaru people.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
What car never has to have something replaced in 119K miles?

2001 Toyota Corolla.

Pretty sure the first clutch lasted more'n that. A CV joint went out at about 250,000.

I did break down and replace the original struts and springs last fall when I was getting the second clutch. Not too shabby for 350,000 miles cool

Doesn't look like much, it was sideswiped by a drunk in a pickup once, but that was patched up on account of we was still making payments, and then my son and then my daughter-in-law both rear ended people in it. After the second one the hood was crimped in the middle to a pyramid shape and the grill pushed back considerable. A guy at a West Side body shop hammered it back to useable-if-not-pretty shape in two hours for $160 grin

I gotta recognize virtuosity when I see it; I also had a dented and leaking rim fixed with exactly two knocks of a hammer for five bucks. The guy is a prodigy.

Much smaller but actually faster than our 2010 Corolla on account of its an actual cable hook up from gas pedal to fuel injectors instead of some friggin computer deciding how fast I SHOULD be accelerating.

Sorry... we was talking Subarus here.

I dunno if the wheel bearings ever got greased, maybe, it was the high school shop that did the work this last time, and that guy has 'em do everything.

Birdwatcher

Pretty sure you're a woman. Regardless of what you drive.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Exactly.

Isn't Ford unionized? If so,you are paying to support a lot more causes you despise than HSUS, and with a whole lot more money and "volunteer" time.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Your observation is flawed, you noted that it was "bombed" and "suppressed". We bombed the Japs into submission and won the civil war, years ago. Subaru is currently involved in suppression and bombing at this moment, get something else...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

"The ASPCA is opposed to hunting animals for sport, even if the animals killed in this way are subsequently consumed. The ASPCA does recognize that wildlife management may be necessary in situations where animal and human interests collide, but urges that management strategies be nonlethal wherever possible and never include avoidable suffering or distress."

http://www.aspca.org/about-us/aspca-policy-and-position-statements/hunting

"Exclusive Subaru VIP Deal for You, $100 for the ASPCA!

Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) invites all eligible ASPCA Guardian and Founder’s Society members to participate in the Subaru VIP Partners Program. As an ASPCA Guardian or Founder, you may qualify for this special offer from Subaru when you lease or purchase a new Subaru!

Eligible Guardian members must be active and contributing members for at least six months to participate. Qualified Founder’s Society members include those who contribute in excess of $500 annually. Founders are immediately eligible for the VIP Program after making their donation to the ASPCA. Please submit the information below to obtain a VIP Verification form. You must receive your form BEFORE contacting your participating Subaru retailer in order to qualify for this benefit. If you purchase or lease a new Subaru without this form, you will not receive the VIP offer and the ASPCA will not receive $100. Please note that each form is valid for 45 days, after which time you can request a new form simply by sending an inquiry to subaruaspca.org or by calling (646)706-4690."

https://www.aspca.org/about-us/corporate-partnerships/subaru-vip-partner-program

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Exactly.

Most people don't consider being on blocks "parked."

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How about Microsoft and Apple? They support a lot of things we don't like and it would be hard to find a modern household that does not contain and use their products.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Skewed logic and irrelevant comparisons aside, I will bet your home room teacher looks forward to recess to get you outside into some fresh air...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not really. She drives a Subaru.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Holy crap, I'm laughing now...

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Funny how people can't just enjoy a commercial. I don't drink Budweiser beer, but like the Bud commercials with the Clydesdales. I like the Dorito commercials, but don't eat them.

You guys get wrapped around the axles way too tight. If we all boycotted any company that we disagreed with their politics , we would be grinding our on wheat, drinking stream water and walking.

Hell one of the biggest detriment we as hunters face is the antis wanting to ban lead bullets and you all clamor and wet yourself over Barnes bullets .That company would dearly love the banning of lead, and the antis keep telling us that there are are alternatives to lead bullets like Barnes makes.

Last edited by saddlesore; 02/25/15.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Funny how people can't just enjoy a commercial. I don't drink Budweiser beer, but like the Bud commercials with the Clydesdales. I like the Dorito commercials, but don't eat them.

You guys get wrapped around the axles way too tight. If we all boycotted any company that we disagreed with their politics , we would be grinding our on wheat, drinking stream water and walking.

Hell one of the biggest detriment we as hunters face is the antis wanting to ban lead bullets and you all clamor and wet yourself over Barnes bullets .That company would dearly love the banning of lead, and the antis keep telling us that there are are alternatives to lead bullets like Barnes makes.

Don't hurt yourself trying to make that stretch.

Travis

Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,677
Posts18,513,328
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.