Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24
J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Since it was a request for opinions...

My opinions on 900 yard head shots on game animals in general are:
If you did it and intended to; I'm impressed with the shot.
If you can do it 3 times in a row and intended to; I'm impressed with your shooting skill.
If you didn't intend to but hit there anyway; I'm impressed with your luck.
The fact that you even thought of attempting it does not impress me at all.

Take it for what it's worth.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tanner
That's my biggest problem with it; it makes all hunters look like schit and provides ammo for Anti-Hunters.... I'd take the video down ASAP but the damage is done.

YouTube Comment:

coldboremirakle6 hours ago

Tell the truth? As if I had said something that wasn't true? Looks like the internet police have caught me. And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
There are plenty of people who know this elk wasn't recovered. Apparently its the first big game animal lost in the history of hunting.(<sarcasm) I dont recall saying I had recovered it.

Good for you calling him out. At first I was surprised he responded until it hit me a moron that would post this video would also be stupid enough to respond.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Here is a video we made at a lot closer range. Nothing was harmed in this video...

That one never gets old, LOL.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The truth about life is some make choices based on moral values that lean toward respect. Unfortunately there are men who exist who believe in the highest of moral value when it comes to hunting yet are married and at the same time sleeping with the neighbors wife.

Moral value is a way of life....not just a way of hunting. If we as hunters wish to pass on Hunting traditions that teach morality lessons it all starts at home.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did you shoot across the road too? Kinda looks like it. I think I'll show this video in my next hunter ed class to see what they think.

Last edited by exbiologist; 02/25/15.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Read the whole thread watched the video. It's obvious to me the OP does not see anything wrong with his lack of ethical behavior. Some good points were made by various posters about him being guilty of wanton waste. More than a few of you guys are slick with computers and get around real well. When is someone here going to forward the link of the video that documents all of his wanton waste to the game dept. of the state where he did this? Shoot LEO's and the courts bust people all the time for admitting online the brain dead [bleep] they did . When are the outraged posters here going to do what needs to be done to see this guy lose some hunting privileges? WTF chuck?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Show me a state game law that defines wanton waste as shooting at an animal and grazing it. Or defines it as doing what this guy did.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now I know who has been sneaking on the farm mad grin
[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by hangunnr
For any interested, here's a thread on Snipers Hide where CBM posted the same video. Be aware the thread is about headshots and is NSFW...

LINKY....

CR

Bunch of sicko's!

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nrut
For any interested, here's a thread on Snipers Hide where CBM posted the same video. Be aware the thread is about headshots and is NSFW...

LINKY....

CR

Bunch of sicko's!

+1

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He posted this and asked what we think, knowing that it would spark a lot of controversy, BECAUSE HE HAS MONETIZED THE VIDEO. The more people click on the YouTube video, the more money he'll make off of it from YouTube. He gets a few cents each time someone watches the video.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Show me a state game law that defines wanton waste as shooting at an animal and grazing it. Or defines it as doing what this guy did.

If by wanton waste, people are referring to what we in Colorado call willful destruction, this certainly does not meet that. Willful destruction is the intentional killing an animal and abandoning the carcass or just taking trophy parts. I assume he also meets Colorado's equivalent of failure to follow up law given that there is a screen shot looking back from what I think is the point of impact to the where he shot from. And if that is the case, pretty much the only laws I can see he MAY have broken would be careless hunting and shooting across a road.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I just checked out the Hide thread. I have taken successful head shots but what is posted there is with out question NOT my style. Personally I don't get the fascination.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by southwind
Well, I just checked out the Hide thread. I have taken successful head shots but what is posted there is with out question NOT my style. Personally I don't get the fascination.

There's only one animal that deserves a head shot, and that's only when that's all you can see.

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

LINKY....

CR

Bunch of sicko's!

+1

Are all those guys in their teens? WTF

Nothing wrong with shooting meat in the head at sane ranges..But putting it proudly on display like that is pretty sick.

Wonder if they would enjoy watching a few videos of the kill floor in a packing plant.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

LINKY....

CR

Bunch of sicko's!

+1

Are all those guys in their teens? WTF

Nothing wrong with shooting meat in the head at sane ranges..But putting it proudly on display like that is pretty sick.

Wonder if they would enjoy watching a few videos of the kill floor in a packing plant.

Wannbe Snipers Hide.

The OP is staff on that site. Pretty sad but then again it is par for the course.

It is funny that now that Scout owns the site the level of Derp has gone from lots to mega load with no stop in sight.

Kids can peruse graphic head shots and update their fantasy football teams with just a few clicks. Winning laugh laugh laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Looking back through the thread, I have seen the shot described as a "stunt shot","bad decision","lousy percentage", "[bleep] up","stupid"......there's others and these comments are from some of the more experienced long range shooters on this site.

Would anybody call it reckless?

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Perhaps I missed it, but I saw nothing to indicate the person called the shot. Not even sure which elk he was after. I've nailed ground squirrels at 200 with my 22LR. Can I call each shot? Absolutely not. With present costs of 22 LR's today, I'm not even going to try those anymore.

1Minute
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
1minute: Page 2 I think....says he was aiming at the head.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by rosco1

They need to work on a kill floor for a few months.

Page 11 of 24 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

416 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,645
Posts18,512,528
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.