Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Hot sauce . try Dave's Insanity sauce .

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I used to grow jalapenos and habaneros in my garden every year. Peppers are really easy to grow, but then you have to do something with them. I discovered that I could dry habaneros and put them in most sauces to add heat, and an additional layer of flavor. They wouldn't kill me unless I ate the pepper itself. I was cutting habaneros for drying one day and one of the neighborhood kids came over to hang with my kids and annoy me, he was probably about ten at the time, and terribly arrogant. He asked me about habaneros, and I told him to stay away from them, they're too hot for kids. He said he liked spicy food and popped one into his mouth before I could stop him, and started chewing on it. He instantly turned bright red and started crying. I was concerned to say the least. The kids Mom was going to kill me I was certain. She mentioned it a few days later and said "well, he doesn't listen when adults try to tell him things, and this is the kind of thing that happens when you don't follow direction". And to think some people eat them like candy...

Those who believe there is safety in numbers never heard of Auschwitz- Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton

I like hot peppers, but a little of that stuff goes a long way.

A friend in Ar. sent me a case of it after I'd eaten some on a visit up there. I gave a bottle to our Recieving Inspector and everyone was trying it on Fritos. Not many tried more than one, even the Mexicans.

Then, our UPS driver showed up and the guys thought they'd really get one over on him.

He ate the Fritos like candy with 'em soaked in the damn stuff. And he is a Gringo.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have tried Dave's Insanity, and found that it is indeed mega-hot. But it also has a vicious chemical overtone. It's more like acetone than hot sauce. Not for me.

Nobody has yet mentioned Sriracha Sauce. It's not only a delicious medium-hot product, but the backstory is truly an American Dream. You need to read THIS

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Being raised in the only majority coonass town in Texas, I can't stand bland food, but when the "hot" overcomes the overall enjoyment of eating...it's too hot(for me).

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ldholton
i have a bottle of it, lol my dad gotta hold of it on accident a while back.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like spicey Mexican food as well as anybody but the bottom line is;

Food is not supposed to hurt.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This stuff is great, just lightly drip it on as you would Tabasco.

[Linked Image]

To take the heat off the palate for higher scoville units add some citrus, sweetness, or a combination of the two to the mix.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EdM
The only hot food that has kicked my azz was proper Thai.

That's the TRUFE.

I don't know where they find those little red peppers but holy schit.

I do like hot food though. I actually have to make myself stop eating hot stuff.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Chilies and critters...

Had a goofball tabby cat named Arnie that loved to beg for food. One day we were sitting in the backyard eating chicken enchiladas. The red chili was a wee bit warm as it made my earlobes sweat.

Dang cat was persistently begging so a friend put some red on his finger and let the cat lick it off.

Well, after cleaning it all off his finger all of a sudden the cat's eyes got real big.

Real Big...

and Arnie started running around the yard.

A light must have lit up cuz all of a sudden he stops, sits and starts frantically licking his butt.

Must of been trying to get rid of the taste...

A few minutes later my daughter asked what was wrong with Arnie as he was laying like a sphinx with his butt up in the air breathing very shallow and stiff as a board with his eyes bugging out.

The friend answered my little girl's question with a bit of a drawl ...

“His butt hurts...”

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm in the food shouldn't hurt crowd. I didn't mind spicy hot food when I was younger but I don't in any way find it enjoyable today. In fact spicy hot food is, if not physically painful at least uncomfortable.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by northern_dave

I discovered "Tamed jalopenos" a while back.

[Linked Image]

These things are excellent, there's always a jar or two around here.

CR

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Most of the folks here in northern Utah find foods with the flavor profile of Elmers glue to be "just right" and anything containing trace amounts of ground black pepper is "too spicy".

My Dad raised his own chile and we had it with every meal. Scrambled eggs with ground New Mexico chile was a standard at our house. For me it's actually about flavor, Habanero is my favorite, New Mexico chile is another favorite, but Cayenne has little taste and is just empty heat.

I buy lots of seeds from the Chile Pepper Institute. NMSU Chile Pepper Institute

[Linked Image]

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Please all of you,or any of you hot food lovers explain to us. What you do the next day or two to alleviate your burning buttholes/burning volcano spincters.

Working for dad in office supply
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Put me in the I like it hot crowd. Kinda funny as my mom cooked about the blandest food you could imagine, black pepper was the only heat in the house, and she used it sparingly. When I was in Singapore the local coworkers were surprised that a round eye ate the spicy stuff. The chili crab was outstanding.

Trouble is I can't cook any dish the way I like it at home as nobody else will eat it, so I have to add some heat to my portions. My wife usually cooks pretty mild food, except the time she mistook cayenne powder for chili powder, man that was some HOT chili! I rarely make what I consider truly hot dishes, truly hot is when you start sweating and your eyes water.

Had a bottle of Dave's Insanity for years, a little goes a long way but it really doesn't have a great flavor and I'm all about a good flavor not heat for the sake of heat. In no paticular order the hot sauces that get the most use Sriracha, tobasco (I really like their chipotle), and tapatio.

I'm not a big fan of the flavor of raw jalapenos, but roast them and they are outstanding. If you want some heat, downsize your chiles to these guys.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VOUScrasher
Please all of you,or any of you hot food lovers explain to us. What you do the next day or two to alleviate your burning buttholes/burning volcano spincters.

Unless you have dishes with lots of chile seeds in them, I just don't have that problem.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The answer to Burning Butt is very similar to that of bean gas - eat more of it. If you only have hot stuff (or beans) once in a while, your body never develops the intestinal flora to handle it properly. And so you get unpleasant side effects from incompletely digested foods.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Roasted Hatch chiles... mmmmm.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm of the inkling the hotter the better! Excluding the stupid stuff, ie Daves 3am reserve, I'm down. A local guy makes a ghost pepper hot sauce with Apple cider and a few other ingredients. It is flaming hot, but the flavor is fantastic! You get the cider and the ghost pepper flavor ( which is great if you get by the heat). I've eaten spicy food since my military days and the more you eat it the hotter you can handle.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 257 mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 32 invisible), 1,711 guests, and 988 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,594
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.