Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Just for the record....Neither Curdog, nor his son, have a wife at the present time. The Lady mentioned is my son's ex-wife and, I'll repeat myself, she is a GOOD woman.

Being an Atheist doesn't preclude being a good person when judging by the world's standard. And THAT is the only standard available to me.

"For who can know the heart of a man......... " ?

That is very true. There will be a lot of good people go to hell though, unfortunately.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB4

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Just for the record....Neither Curdog, nor his son, have a wife at the present time. The Lady mentioned is my son's ex-wife and, I'll repeat myself, she is a GOOD woman.

Being an Atheist doesn't preclude being a good person when judging by the world's standard. And THAT is the only standard available to me.

That is very true. There will be a lot of good people go to hell though, unfortunately.

Really? Do you hold a seat on the decision board?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Pretty sure there is only one seat on that board.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sure are a bunch'a folks who think they know what's in the mind of the one who holds the seat.

I'm mighty glad they're here to tell every one else that they know.

Last edited by Sauer200; 02/27/15.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Actually, I'm not in favor of a ten year old reading ANY version of the Bible...... and certainly no O.T. stuff.

Children's books ABOUT the bible are a much better choice in my opinion.

Once they are older, I find no fault with the N.I.V.

I can understand that but I don't think you will find anything there worse than what's on popular TV. It may be a bit boring to young children but I read the OT to my kids and break it down for them. There are quite a few good things to be learned there.

It is hard enough to reconcile the Jewish view of God in the Old Testament with God as explained by Jesus of Nazareth when talking to an educated adult. I wouldn't attempt it with a child.

"Jesus loves me, this I know" is age appropriate "Theology" for a child.

Matter of fact...... it SHOULD be the foundation of all Christians' beliefs.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Sauer200

You'll find the answers in a book called The Holy Bible, hardly private information.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Well, i have no money on God being a liar.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You admit your religions calls for good people to suffer an eternity of torment.

How is this moral?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
You havent the least comprehension of how to replicate your smallest hair or what the term "good" really means outside the taste of cookies context.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by eyeball
You haven't the least comprehension of how to replicate your smallest hair or what the term "good" really means outside the taste of cookies context.

What does one's ability to perform genetic engineering have to do with one's ability to judge right and wrong, and if an action improves or hinders well being?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
If you create a boat for fishing and it wont float, whats to keep you from destroying it and building another one?

He blessed you by giving you life, a flesh body and a spirit, His spirit. You can chose to live in the spirit or the flesh. The flesh gets old and returns to dust. The spirit isnt yours to do with as you wish, while the flesh is.

You want to blame Him who gave you life for not making you immortal? You dont even appreciate the life He gave you. You want the life you give yourself. Ok, give yourself life forever, if you can.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/28/15.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

You admit your religions calls for good people to suffer an eternity of torment.

How is this moral?

The torment is merely the absence of God.

Each person chooses to accept of reject God.

Those good persons who reject God, do so freely.

I see no issue regarding lack of fairness or justice.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 02/28/15.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Let's examine just how broken your morality really is.

You can't see the difference between rebuilding an inanimate object and killing a person. If we extend your example, it's moral for you to murder your children and have new one's because the originals disappointing you.

On what basis do you claim I blame God for anything? How can I blame something when there is no evidence it even exists?

As for if I appreciate or enjoy my life, on what basis do you claim to know that I don't appreciate it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lotta 'Christians' seem to enjoy reminding others that they (others) are goin' to hell. They even quote Bible verses while they're spewin' their hatred of 'others' here, and toward 'others' here. They also quote Bible verses to justify them 'judging' others, despite what Jesus Himself said about judging others. I'm certain a lotta people get a kick out of the hypocrisy of it all. Understandably.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BMT
The eternal torment is merely the absence of God.

Agreed. I truly believe people will exist eternally with or without God. People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God, or exist eternally with God. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. I truly believe heaven and hell are real places of eternal existence.

That said, havin' a personal relationship...while you're here on this earth...with the God that made ya' is a pretty good way to live. That's enough motivation in and of itself to do it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BMT

How is this moral?

BMT

Really?

That's not what the Bible says:

"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." -- John 15:6
"The Lord Jesus ... in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God ... who shall be punished with everlasting destruction." -- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
"The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God ...he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone ... And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever." -- Revelation 14:10-11
"The fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." -- Revelation 21:8

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by antlers
Lotta 'Christians' seem to enjoy reminding others that they (others) are goin' to hell. They even quote Bible verses while they're spewin' their hatred of 'others' here, and toward 'others' here. They also quote Bible verses to justify them 'judging' others, despite what Jesus Himself said about judging others. I'm certain a lotta people get a kick out of the hypocrisy of it all. Understandably.

I havent seen where anyone here hates anyone but would want all to be saved.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i judge no one, but myself.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I clicked just to check how many responses it would take until some Christian called out another or started some kinda chit.

That's pretty good! Y'all must be working on that tolerance and what not!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BMT

How is this moral?

BMT

Really?

That's not what the Bible says:

"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." -- John 15:6
"The Lord Jesus ... in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God ... who shall be punished with everlasting destruction." -- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
"The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God ...he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone ... And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever." -- Revelation 14:10-11
"The fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." -- Revelation 21:8

Yes, but Jesus suffered the cross and separation from God so that you won't have to suffer any of the things you list. If anyone rejects his punishment in their stead, then it's their own fault.

It would be like a man dying in the cold when all the while someone was pleading with him to go into the new home that had been bought for him.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1OntarioJim, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,198 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,931
Posts18,479,940
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.