-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks John. We did have a great time; awesome country and awesome hunt. Wish you could have made it.

I'm definitely a better Barbary judge with my hands on the horns and a tape measure than by using binoculars laugh laugh

...but I don't think that's unusual. The guide told us a story of a client of his that wanted to shoot something and it was getting to the end of the hunt. He spotted a ram for him and the client shot it. When they got up to it the guide exclaimed, "You blew his balls clean off!" It was a ewe...

I had so much fun shooting the two I did and the deal was so good, I hope I can work a deal for 3 next time grin

ehg, I have no idea what your issue is, but it's nice to see you're so concerned. Your feet must hurt from stomping up and down. Be careful you could create some "agita" in your tummy...

smile

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

...but I don't think that's unusual. The guide told us a story of a client of his that wanted to shoot something and it was getting to the end of the hunt. He spotted a ram for him and the client shot it. When they got up to it the guide exclaimed, "You blew his balls clean off!" It was a ewe...

smile

Dude.... Are [bleep] kidding me? That's gotta be one of the stupidest [bleep] things I've heard come out of your mouth and I thought you did a swell job of filling an ark with jibber jabber in the 4 days I was in your presence...

I didn't realize till a couple days ago you tried to mislead the masses with your claim of a 500yd " kill" shot on the second ram.... Wounding, horn shots don't count Rick... You wanna publicly tell me I'm wrong on that? You know that is complete horse schit. You' re about Coldboremiracle level in my book.... He was only stupider enough to make a video of it and blast it all over the internet... Animal recovery aside...

With all your "expertise", the internet bravado you put up and your match shooting, ninja skills ( which you swear makes you a better hunter) you think you would have had sense enough not to botch that shot. OR realize you were in over your head and wait for the ram to feed closer.... After all... Isn't that what they were doing? But I guess 500 yards sounds better on the internet, eh?

Burns and Rick on an Aoudad hunt together... Not sure W Tx is ready for that kinda entertainment. Like Elmer said, "Hell, I was there". Once was good enough for me....

Last edited by joshf303; 03/01/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SCHIT just got REAL in here....

Josh, schit in TX is bigger.....including the bs I guess...Lol.

Taking a shot that you are unprepared for doesn't usually bode well for neither the hunter or the animal. If they were feeding towards me I would have waited for a shot opportunity that I can competently achieve. Maybe you should do the same RC....

I've guided several guys that said they can shoot but almost crap themselves when the bull elk comes crashing through the trees screaming their heads off.....

Josh, were you able to harvest a nice ram as well? I hope so. I'd be interested in pics or a link....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To the OP... I've had great results with a few 6.5 bullets... the 123,136,139 Scenars, 130 Sirocco 2's, the Berger VLD's and the 140 Amax... Lotta good projectiles out there for the 6.5 class...

ehg, I have no idea what your issue is, but it's nice to see you're so concerned. Your feet must hurt from stomping up and down. Be careful you could create some "agita" in your tummy...

smile

I have no issues or concerns Snookie... At the point when I do, you'll be the first to know SweetHeart...

Lets hear some more on this super tough wind call at 500 yds that stumped you, considering your Superior standing of course... LMFAO...

The wind call was a tough one. I was shooting the .264 WM and the 139 at warp speed so I decided to hold straight up. The bullet had about 10" of drift to the left and went through the horn and into the neck.

Insubordination is the act of willfully disobeying one's superior.
It covers disrespectful language directed at a superior.

How do I know there's no wind? It's called "reading the wind" and if you can't do it, you shouldn't be shooting animals at long range.

He's seen me shoot and is aware of how I stack up against some of the best in the Country in open competition. That pretty much sums up how often I miss and the quality of my wind reading skills. The other great thing is that it has been documented for anyone who wants to know.

At our precision match when we have ties, we sometimes have a shoot-off by shooting at the head of a steel IPSC target at 800 yards. The head part of the steel measures 5". It's a "miss and out" sudden death type shoot-off. Last time I hit the head and so did the guy who tied me. I hit it again and he missed, so I won.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I can't disagree with anything you said Gonzaga.... Spot on IMO....
Have seen the melt down of a fair number of hunters myself when hair gets involved.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Another_good_W_Tx_Aoudad....#Post9584487

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for that link bro....you got a nice trophy there....them scars on the face say it all....tough animals, and tough terrain...hopefully good eating as well. I hear that most guys use the meat in sausage....says it's very tough otherwise. I've never shot or even hunted for one yet....I might have to change that though.

Interested to see more guys post some results of their 260's.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonzaga
Thanks for that link bro....you got a nice trophy there....them scars on the face say it all....tough animals, and tough terrain...hopefully good eating as well. I hear that most guys use the meat in sausage....says it's very tough otherwise. I've never shot or even hunted for one yet....I might have to change that though.

Interested to see more guys post some results of their 260's.....

Here is a thought. How about you, gonzaga, hang anything you have actually done at LR. You seem to like to post drivel, maybe you have actually accomplished something.

Figure we are gonna end up with CRICKETS here. laugh laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
260 is a fine cartridge, a ballistic twin to the 6.5x55, what more need be said ?

I had a DPMS LR (24") one that drove tacks but at 13 pounds, scoped and loaded it was not a walk around gun.

Why it has not caught on more is a mystery. I suppose everyone want's hyper velocity 6.5s.

Shuda kept my 94 Swede !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joshf303

You' re about Coldboremiracle level in my book.... He was only stupider enough to make a video of it and blast it all over the internet... Animal recovery aside...

Are you frucking serious? Animal recovery aside????

The entire point of the well deserved beat down of CBM was a non recovered animal.

So you didn't get along with Rick on the hunt, even after he hauled your ass and ram out of the hills. Big Fruckin Deal. Pretty sure Rick and I did not see eye to eye on our first meeting here on 24 hr . I just didn't back stab him to kiss ass on the Snipers Hide rejects tryin to find a new place to post.

Josh,

Let me lay this out so there is nothing that is not pretty clear between you and me.

I think you are a low life douche that back stabbed a guy that you hunted with and that actually hauled you and your game out of the hills.

I think you have very limited hunting experience but wish to act like that is much more.

I think that if you and Rick had shooting comp you would be humiliated.

Do you want to bet that Rick will stomp your silly ass into the ground at a open shooting comp??? Guess what bitch those happen pretty frequently and Rick actually shows up.

Want to play???????

John Burns

I have all the sources.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I think rc has spent most of his time on the range, and not shooting game..I also think he's an astute fellow and wont have much problem putting it all together.

I see it all the time, it just has to click that its not a steel plate anymore.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Rick,

Sounds like a great hunt, congratulations. Those Audads are interesting animals to hunt, and a lot harder to get than I had thought. Got mine about ten years ago with a 7 mag at 350 yards,

The meat was tougher than a truck tire with no flavor.....

Lefty C

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Match shooting and BG shooting are two different disciplines.Blow a 2 minute wind call in a match and you can correct and the only thing hurt is your score. Blow it on an animal,and you have a rodeo.BG shooting calls for more discretion.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Why is the long range forum turning into the optics section? I get it that we might all have some differences but damn all the chest thumping is getting in the way of actual progress. It seem so many times we base everything we know about someone by what it posted in a forum or forums when that is only the tip of the iceberg of who they are and what they do.

We all have our allegiances to brands, concepts, ideas and morals and there is nothing wrong with stating as such. It gets old when it just turns into a pissing contest of who can be creative enough to get around the spell checker for profanity.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
John,

The issue with CBM was a lack of candor, and contrition once the truth was revealed.

Mistakes will happen, that is the hallmark of be being human. How mistakes are handled is a reflection of integrity.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

The entire point of the well deserved beat down of CBM was a non recovered animal.

So you didn't get along with Rick on the hunt, even after he hauled your ass and ram out of the hills. Big Fruckin Deal. Pretty sure Rick and I did not see eye to eye on our first meeting here on 24 hr . I just didn't back stab him to kiss ass on the Snipers Hide rejects tryin to find a new place to post.

Josh,

Let me lay this out so there is nothing that is not pretty clear between you and me.

I think you are a low life douche that back stabbed a guy that you hunted with and that actually hauled you and your game out of the hills.

I think you have very limited hunting experience but wish to act like that is much more.

Do you want to bet that Rick will stomp your silly ass into the ground at a open shooting comp??? Guess what bitch those happen pretty frequently and Rick actually shows up.

Want to play???????

How many different shades of red did your forehead go through whilst typing that hissy fit?

CR

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

smile

Dude.... Are [bleep] kidding me? That's gotta be one of the stupidest [bleep] things I've heard come out of your mouth and I thought you did a swell job of filling an ark with jibber jabber in the 4 days I was in your presence...

I didn't realize till a couple days ago you tried to mislead the masses with your claim of a 500yd " kill" shot on the second ram.... Wounding, horn shots don't count Rick... You wanna publicly tell me I'm wrong on that? You know that is complete horse schit. You' re about Coldboremiracle level in my book.... He was only stupider enough to make a video of it and blast it all over the internet... Animal recovery aside...

With all your "expertise", the internet bravado you put up and your match shooting, ninja skills ( which you swear makes you a better hunter) you think you would have had sense enough not to botch that shot. OR realize you were in over your head and wait for the ram to feed closer.... After all... Isn't that what they were doing? But I guess 500 yards sounds better on the internet, eh?

Burns and Rick on an Aoudad hunt together... Not sure W Tx is ready for that kinda entertainment. Like Elmer said, "Hell, I was there". Once was good enough for me....

Wow, where should I start...?

First of all, I had a great time on the hunt and thought you did as well. There's things that I could go into about you as well, but I just chalked it up to hunting with someone you've never met and left it at that. My priorities aren't to post it here.

I guess you didn't hear Clint tell the story about his client and the ewe. He told it to us at camp the night you were packing up I believe. Give him a call and ask him. After you pull your foot out of your mouth, I'll expect an apology for calling me a liar.

You' re about Coldboremiracle level in my book.... He was only stupider enough to make a video of it and blast it all over the internet... Animal recovery aside...

Josh,

Want to play???????

True as it gets, unfortunately.

I'm amazed at the making of a mountain out of a mole hill about the 500 yard shot. It's not the first time I've had to send another. I must be one of the few who's ever had to wink

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
All true rc. As a wise man once said, if you ain't missed, you ain't tryin' hard enough. Although, looking back at some of your quotes ehg posted, after talking about your wind reading skills in that vein you should be prepared for a little blow-back on a shot that doesn't turn out as planned.

It'd be nice if it was delivered in a more good-natured and less personal way. To bring up a comparison to that jughead cbm is just wrong, IMHO. Nowhere near the same league.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Ahh , The 'Fire Where a question about one thing is turned into a character story of a hunt long past , only to turn in to a personal attack on one another and bitter feelings felt by some........

Last edited by wyoming260; 03/03/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hangunnr

Hissy FIt

How many different shades of red did your forehead go through whilst typing that hissy fit?

CR

Well it started out about like that time I killed that big bull at 1102yds. Shot him 2 times.

[Linked Image]

Then went to that shade when I killed that caribou at 600yds. I had to shoot him 2 times.

[Linked Image]

The next shade most closely matched that time I killed another bull at 800yds. Just one shot.

[Linked Image]

Shifted to something like when I killed that grizzly bear at 620yds. Yup you guessed it, 2 shots.

[Linked Image]

And just because of your screen name. grin

It ended up about like when I killed that moose with my trusty 5 shooter. 2 shots again. smile

[Linked Image]

Right now it is back to pretty bright because I know how this gets to some here. laugh laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And you feel the reason to brag for what reason?

Gerry.
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,589 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,576
Posts18,492,035
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.