-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Holy scmolly things just got really real.

I will offer my recollection of that windy day.

I was spotting for Sendero and without question saw him hit the plate. Depending on the wind wiggle and scope it was possible to see the hit from the firing line but I didn't go down to target when the picture was taken.

There was spray paint at the target and I assumed the target was painted.

To the best of my knowledge no one else hit the plate until I gave it a run later in the day. Scenar and Cinch were on scopes and I shot 7 times.

The first 4 shots were visible misses with decent dust. The next three I could not spot the impact (14X optic). I was pretty sure I had at least one on the plate and after getting dug in with a 60x HD Swaro I could see the impacts on the plate.

I, and everyone there, assumed I shot all three. EHGs post makes that look unlikely and the plate did not get painted after Sendero's hit.

Considering the conditions (gusts to 38 MPH) I will take the 2 shots and still feel a strong bit of luck was involved. grin

F me. I was a legend and now this. blush

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
yup. Some days you're the windshield, others you're the bug...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had the sheep spotted from two miles and was working over to them. After glassing them back up after a mile hike, lasering them at over another mile, I watched them moving around and most were getting out of the area. Except for the one ram who was bedded. I realized that if he was to be shot I had a long way to get to him and not enough time. I radioed dickhead and asked his location. He showed himself on top and I did everything but take him by the hand and walk him to the ram. I kept the ram in the glass for about 30 min to an hour and guided him into the ram by radio. He would radio back multiple times that he couldn't find him. I went as far as to describe the Yucca the ram was bedded under. After Phfucckface spooked him, the ram bugged out enough to be seen and he shot him.

Is it even legal to walk somebody in by radio?
If not illegal, doesn't sound ethical to me!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dang, if you guys keep this up you can sell tickets.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Two fhuqking funny!

THE Liars are trying to unite,schit is going "proprietary" and poor poor fhuqking 'Fubar is gonna call the Cops!!!

EHG needn't "guess" and is gooder than GOLD.

Hint.

Just sayin'.

Laffin'!

The Snake Oil Chronicles are a fhuqking hoot!!!!

Wow +P+!

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Boxer

EHG needn't "guess" and is gooder than GOLD.

Absolutely.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sendero_man
EHG,

Looks like you are correct on the group. First shoot for all of us and we all lumped in my one hit with John's two hits it looks like. We must of forgot to spray the target with paint again and made the mistake that you pointed out after John shot. So, I had one hit and John had two. You are right.

I'm thinking theres a lil more to the story than this but we'll get to that a bit later...

As far as the deer thread, I haven't looked back at it till your post now. The old deer at Gary's shop that he remounted... No where did I claim it was mine and see now where he put that it was ND buck from his page that you posted. I was told by his hired hand at the time it was in his shop that it was a WY deer.

As for the deer I wasn't talking about the one at at the Taxi Shop... We can tell that was a phony... I was talking about the one below... You know the one that got away... We'd like to see a few more pics of him...

Guess talking about the "Professional Guide" thing is outta the question...

After season closed 2008... Never seen again

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Johns recollection of the shoot is pretty much spot on. Conditions were terrible and I never did hit the 1790 that trip. It wasn't until after John had taken his hero pics that SM told me that the one hit wasn't Johns and in fact was his hit. IIRC that's exactly what happened... He forgot to paint the steel after he made his hit and took his pic. John took his turn on the steel with several of us spotting. When SM had told me the one splash was his John had already taken his pics and the steel had been painted so nothing was said.

Nonetheless it was quite an accomplishment especially in those conditions. Like I said, I never did make a hit on it that trip.

Public landowner...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why don't you a--holes take your bickering somewhere else and lets use this thread to talk about 260 Remington and loads!!!!

"Not a Gun Free Zone"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Based on this thread, I think I'm going to sell all my rifles and just use the .260. Or a 6.5.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 16bore
So there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll?

Best post yet.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Cinch
Johns recollection of the shoot is pretty much spot on. Conditions were terrible and I never did hit the 1790 that trip. It wasn't until after John had taken his hero pics that SM told me that the one hit wasn't Johns and in fact was his hit. IIRC that's exactly what happened... He forgot to paint the steel after he made his hit and took his pic. John took his turn on the steel with several of us spotting. When SM had told me the one splash was his John had already taken his pics and the steel had been painted so nothing was said.

Nonetheless it was quite an accomplishment especially in those conditions. Like I said, I never did make a hit on it that trip.

Interesting. That appears to validate EHG's observations and questions.

HClark - 100 TTSX, 44.7 H414, Lapua brass, F210M. Avg 3065 from 22". H414 received a try out when 4350 was unfindable. Turns out it works quite nicely and is or at least was easier to find.

Here's a 120 TTSX on the receiving end of a reduced load worked up for kids. 44.0 H4831sc. Avg. 2600. It works nicely with minimal recoil. The 100 TTSX load above is about the same recoil wise.

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Based on this thread, I think I'm going to sell all my rifles and just use the .260. Or a 6.5.
Icould do the same except my only .260 is a 16.5 lb. pig to carry!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want me a $5,000 man hole cover shooter.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

That is a flange, not a manhole cover in the photo.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It could be a fuqqin marble rye for all I care. If Looks-Like-Seinfeld-Taking-A-Schit wants to shoot it please make sure you document it for the Warren Report. And we'll need to know if the color is off white, bright white, eggshell white, or some other shade of white.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475

I'm guessing "hub coupler" off a big axle. Probably cast, which might explain the hole in it. I shoot the same, but from smaller machinery and as long as the distance isn't too close you'll barely scratch the surface.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by jwp475

I'm guessing "hub coupler" off a big axle. Probably cast, which might explain the hole in it. I shoot the same, but from smaller machinery and as long as the distance isn't too close you'll barely scratch the surface.

That's a mild steel blind flange. That particular one has a hole drilled and tapped through it. At that range the bullet strikes just leave a mark on them. At closer ranges they get torn up rather quickly...

Public landowner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What diameter is that one? I need to get my water plant inspectors to grab a few for me.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (22kHornet, 222Sako, 204guy, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,503 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,278
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.