Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
What diameter is that one? I need to get my water plant inspectors to grab a few for me.

I'd say that one measures around 30". Those bigger ones are pretty heavy and you'd dang sure want to put it somewhere you didn't have to move it.

Public landowner...
GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Just bought a 260 remington in the Magnum contour barrel 24" - Curious if anyone has this rifle and what loads you are using?

From what i am reading a 130 gr bullet is the ticket. Plan on trying Barnes tsx, lrx and Nosler accubonds.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Thanks - I had seen that thread before and couldnt find it

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by CrankEmUp

Thanks - I had seen that thread before and couldnt find it

I have had excellent results with 130 gr. Bergers and Reloder 17.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'd sure try 4350 and 4831 too.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'd sure try 4350 and 4831 too.

IMR or H?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd run H4350 and RL17 if it were me... Both have done well in my 6.5 SLR which is very similar to a 260AI...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yup, H4350. It seems to be the go-to powder for a lot of guys. Mine prefers H4831, as some do.

EHG, "SLR" sounds familiar, is than a Ringman wildcat?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Cinch
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by jwp475

That is a flange, not a manhole cover in the photo.

I'm guessing "hub coupler" off a big axle. Probably cast, which might explain the hole in it. I shoot the same, but from smaller machinery and as long as the distance isn't too close you'll barely scratch the surface.

That's a mild steel blind flange. That particular one has a hole drilled and tapped through it. At that range the bullet strikes just leave a mark on them. At closer ranges they get torn up rather quickly...

Yep, I use them in my work frequently.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
"SLR" sounds familiar, is than a Ringman wildcat?

Hardly......

SLR

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks. I should've known, if it was a Ringman wildcat it'd have a capacity similar to the .50 BMG.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've always run H4350 in my 260s. I have done some reading that the new IMR 4451 is supposed to be a great powder and very similar to H4350, but brings better velocity. I'm going to do some more research on it and try some out if I can get hold of it...

Public landowner...
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
I'd run H4350 and RL17 if it were me... Both have done well in my 6.5 SLR which is very similar to a 260AI...
another plug for RL-17 in .260

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks aalf... Yes it's a tad shy of a Ringman....

Never run H4831 in the 6.5... Have used the H4831SC in a 300 SAUM with Great results... Gonna load some 6.5 SLR with 2000MR here soon and see what happens there... It worked great with a 308 and 178's...

Enough of this Gun Talk... My head hurts.... Let's get back to the schitt talking and groin kicks...

WHERE YOU AT SENDEROMAN!!!!!!!!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I wish I could find some 2000MR.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
3rd Generation has 1#s in stock...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Rick... Rick... Rick...you poor soul...I do admire your grit and determination...

Don't flatter yourself bud. Yes, it was a super secret sniper sting, SPECOPs,covert mission to oust you. Get [bleep] real man......I had planned on leaving you alone after you fessed up until Burns rant.

I offered to come along and help the ORIGINAL hunter, and he then offered the hunt to me when he couldn't make it, remember?

While I'm refreshing your feebile lil mind let's have a little refresher course, shall we? I know some of this may get complicated and technical so have google or Burns on standby...

First evening..... See I drove here... Yes that is my 4 Wheeler...
[Linked Image]

You see the little saddle right in the middle of the ridge on the left? I walked there, no really I did. Good thing I forgot my binos or I wouldn't have been able to glass these up...wish I'da had one of those fancy window mounts. Please note Ricky these are directly west of said saddle. This will all make sense in a minute lil buddy.... Maybe....
[Linked Image]

Upon closer look... Whoa... There's a purty good ram. A few pics... Note the broomed side...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now I coulda lied down and went full fledged super sniper on em right there and hoped for a first round hit... I mean they were only 16-1800 yards and it was the first ram I saw, right? But it was getting dark and I left em be for the night. Please note Ricky that there was another younger ram in the bunch that was pretty pushy and he was doing a good job of letting the others know who was who... I know I know.... It'll all make sense in a few minutes...

Here , I also observed this..... A NORTH facing ROCKY ridge above a well traveled saddle. See those bare lines running left and right... Those are game trails Ricky. You see what else I see??? Quick, quick... SHADE! Where would animals go in the heat of the day Ricky? Right... Into shady spots....
[Linked Image]

So let's put this all together Super "Guide". We have a herd of sheep with what looks like a good ram in it, lots of feed, a well traveled saddle and some good, rocky shade close by. All this may not be covered in your Super Sniper Steel Match handbook, but maybe we can get a few special editions printed out.....

Where does the next morning find me?? No, not riding around in the Rescue Raptor.... See Ricky, here I am up here on the north/south running ridge where I saw the sheep the night before..... Just so you know it's me buddy...
[img]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx344/joshf303/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7nppbs0w.jpg[/img]

So I turn south working my way down said ridge, towards the north face I mentioned earlier where I think some sheep will end up bedding. Good thing you were there to hold my hand and make sure I kept the wind in my face... Whew... Almost blew that one....

What was it, like 12:25 or something when BRUCE got on the radio first and said he sees sheep... Wait, thought you "found" the sheep? I'm having a hard time keeping up Rick... But anyhow.....doesn't really matter when you are two miles away does it? Good thing I was up where the sheep live and within 150 yards of where the ridge dropped off in the saddle that separated the ram and I. Now granted I was looking elsewhere at the moment and you saw the ram first Ricky, but thanks for being up there to hold my hand and keep me off the top of that ridge to keep me from sky lining myself. Thanks for making sure I turned the right direction to get to that sheep. Thanks for getting me setup on those rocks and ranging that stuff for me buddy. Thanks buddy for your own self admission that you woulda never made it to those sheep.

Ram look familiar??!
[img]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx344/joshf303/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsn0hkkihh.jpg[/img]

How bout that ridge and saddle that was in the first picture and some broomed horn??
[img]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx344/joshf303/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscz95tt3d.jpg[/img]

How bout a little more brooming????
[img]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx344/joshf303/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsqf0oclf9.jpg[/img]

BTW.... Wanna carry my gun next time BIATCH?

Oh...yes...yes... ALMOST forgot Ricky Rodeo. Here is your chance to REALLY knock it outta the park you sniveling clueless dumbphuck. Go ahead and get Burns on the horn cause this might get a little western for you...

You stated I spooked the ram, correct? Quick dipschit... Yes or No?
Which way does a spooked animal run from perceived danger? Quick.. Quick.... TO the threat or AWAY from the threat?

Hilarious as [bleep] that YOU claimed I "spooked" the ram and then I have the ram turn and RUN TOWARDS ME CUTTING OFF 220 something yards...NOT AWAY FROM ME RICKY, but TOWARDS ME. You know what else he was doing?? Quick Tweedle Dee...cause I know I told you. That's right ... He was looking back up the mountain the opposite direction, back up to the other sheep. You know why... Cause there was younger, superior, dominant ram kicking his arse every chance he got...

Now, it's quite possible he could have seen my reflection on a rock or something, but I seriously doubt it.

YEAP.... I'm still smiling buddy. I loved watching your blank stares and watching you squander....you big bad internet hero. I could go on about me showing you how to skin your ram out, pop joints with a knife, and caping the head out, but I know you' re not reading this anyhow right???

I'll stop in next time I'm through Albuquerque. We can sit and drink, smoke some Cubans and tell lies like old times...

Last edited by joshf303; 03/06/15.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
P.S. Soon as my fingers heal up and the keys cool off I can add something more related to the OP. I PMd him with an apology that his thread got off track and some recent real world experience with the 123s. They is a plenty wicked lil pill...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'd like to hear more about the 123's too, if you don't mind.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,918
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.