Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I stopped at the ford dealership a few weeks ago and they had 17 F150- all 2011-2014 models with the ecoboost. The guy said he couldn't give them away.

What is the name of this dealership? I have a good friend shopping for a 2013 or 2014 ecoboost right now. Unfortunately, most all here are asking so much it makes better sense to buy the 2015.

Thanks for your help.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
My 5.3 Silverado is getting 20-23 on the highway, and 18-19 in town

I stopped at the ford dealership a few weeks ago and they had 17 F150- all 2011-2014 models with the ecoboost. The guy said he couldn't give them away. They aren't getting near the advertised mileage in the hills and towns around here. And from what i've been told repairs are outragous

Seems you are getting better MPG's than most, I just traded in my 5.3. Engine is a complete dog compared to the 3.5 Eco, zero comparison. Ask me how I like cylinder deactivation, complete junk and cost me major dollars. Old technology done wrong.

Ford sells tons of ecoboost engines, about 60% of their truck sales btw.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ford sells tons of ecoboosts because of good marketing and dumb customers

This is the third 5.3 i've had and have not had annissue with any of them

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I stopped at the ford dealership a few weeks ago and they had 17 F150- all 2011-2014 models with the ecoboost. The guy said he couldn't give them away.

So what about this dealership? Does it really exist or not?

Nevermind. Your previous response and the cricket chirps tell all I need to know.

If anyone seriously knows of a dealership that is deeply discounting past model Ecoboosts or they "couldn't give them away", please let me know. Thanks

Last edited by thin_man; 07/28/15.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
tzone, I have two old ford bronco's( 1986 and 1990 models)that I use to drive around the deer lease. If one breaks I have a spare. That being said I also had a 2006 6.0l powerjoke that spent its 3 years I owned it in the shop. Blown head gaskets, turbo charger ate its self, ballooned the torque cover, power window motor failures, etc.... I traded it for a 2009 Jimmie not the Chebbie and have never been happier. The GMC has never seen the repair shop in the 6 year- 96k miles I have owned it. Good luck with your eco-boost, the fellows I know that have them haven't been as lucky as the rest you. Seems the intercooler causes the humidity down here to condense and slug the intake with H20 causing the motor to stall and the motors start burning oil ~100k. If you don't mind that, then by all means drive a Ford. Their answer for the stalling issue is to restrict the intake flow, I am sure that helps! LOL

IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I'm not sure of what parts the ecoboost in the F150 has in common with the one in the Police Interceptor but a neighboring police department is having major issues with theirs. Quite a bit of oil consumption, coil packs and turbo issues on their vehicles at less than 40K has lead to a lot of time in the shop for their cars. The naturally aspirated versions are not having these issues.

Last edited by VAhuntr; 07/28/15.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys see the new 2.7 liter ecoboost they are putting in the f150.. 335 horsepower 375 ft lbs of torque..ford is really pushing it bunch of incentives for them

Last edited by 79S; 07/31/15.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
You guys see the new 2.7 liter ecoboost they are putting in the f150.. 335 horsepower 375 ft lbs of torque..ford is really pushing it bunch of incentives for them

They need to put that in a ford ranger, then I'd buy it... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TEXMAG
tzone, I have two old ford bronco's( 1986 and 1990 models)that I use to drive around the deer lease. If one breaks I have a spare. That being said I also had a 2006 6.0l powerjoke that spent its 3 years I owned it in the shop. Blown head gaskets, turbo charger ate its self, ballooned the torque cover, power window motor failures, etc.... I traded it for a 2009 Jimmie not the Chebbie and have never been happier. The GMC has never seen the repair shop in the 6 year- 96k miles I have owned it. Good luck with your eco-boost, the fellows I know that have them haven't been as lucky as the rest you. Seems the intercooler causes the humidity down here to condense and slug the intake with H20 causing the motor to stall and the motors start burning oil ~100k. If you don't mind that, then by all means drive a Ford. Their answer for the stalling issue is to restrict the intake flow, I am sure that helps! LOL

Karma is going to catch up to you with that attitude. Just wait until your fancy push button POS 4wd system goes to chit. You'll have to have the dealership flash the system and you'll be out your grocery money by the time they are done...GMC isn't the answer to everything, trust me.. wink

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Small motors, alot of boost is tough on things.. Proceed with caution.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Karma is going to catch up to you with that attitude. Just wait until your fancy push button POS 4wd system goes to chit. You'll have to have the dealership flash the system and you'll be out your grocery money by the time they are done...GMC isn't the answer to everything, trust me.. wink

I had a 2011 w/ecoboost had well over 40,000 on it I had no issues with it. I traded it off and got me a F250, now looking at going back to a f150... BSA is your Chebbie still giving you grief??

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
79s, the 04 GMC 1500 4X4 had its tranny rebuilt at 111,000 miles, the transfer case was rebuilt a few months ago, the locker (G80) went out last year and I had to replace it, steering components were replaced with better Moogs and the powersteering is going tits up. The computer controlled push button autotrack 4wd is a pita. TCCM is shot, so that has to be replaced and re-flashed by the dealer. No other shops can flash the TCCM. I'm about ready to trade it in for an old dodge 12 valve cummins.... sick laugh

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
holy smokes that's alot of work...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S

Some people, if they didn't have bad luck, wouldn't have any luck at all! grin I drive GMC 1/2 ton 4x4's, and I am amazed at the list of bsa's troubles! I drove an '02 to 196k and didn't do anything to it but maintenance. Drove an '07 to 145k, same same. Currently drive an '11 6.2L MAX with 155k. This one I had the oil cooler and transmission lines replaced a couple of months ago, along with reflashing the ECM because it was reading the ethanol in the fuel wrong. Not bad. All these vehicles had the dreaded G80 locker, never had a hiccup from it on any of my vehicles. My plans are to retire before the end of the year, and my retirement pickup will be a '16 GMC 6.2L MAX.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Hope your "good luck" continues. My experiences have been closer to BSA's with my past GM's and Chevy's. Now drive Toyota's and have been exceptionally happy. No reliability issues anymore.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Truth be told I would drive a Honda if they made a 3/4 ton 4X4 diesel truck. Sure go buy a Dodge they don't have any issues other than the A/C/ heat go out, the dash cracks, the ball joints in the front in are crap, auto trans are crap and the steering recall. Anyone every try to pull the plugs on a 5.4L ford motor lately. They are all crap and its like finding a wife, you just got to find one that you can tolerate the crap that will come with them. LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are all crap and its like finding a wife, you just got to find one that you can tolerate the crap that will come with them. LOL

I like that! Believe I will use that one myself! grin 'Course, I can be cocky, since I don't have a wife anymore.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Corollary to that is, no matter how hot they are, somebody is tired of her chit! grin

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have had three, so I do have a little experience. All the same brand though. Next one might be Asian though.LOL

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by mudstud
Originally Posted by 79S

Some people, if they didn't have bad luck, wouldn't have any luck at all! grin I drive GMC 1/2 ton 4x4's, and I am amazed at the list of bsa's troubles! I drove an '02 to 196k and didn't do anything to it but maintenance. Drove an '07 to 145k, same same. Currently drive an '11 6.2L MAX with 155k. This one I had the oil cooler and transmission lines replaced a couple of months ago, along with reflashing the ECM because it was reading the ethanol in the fuel wrong. Not bad. All these vehicles had the dreaded G80 locker, never had a hiccup from it on any of my vehicles. My plans are to retire before the end of the year, and my retirement pickup will be a '16 GMC 6.2L MAX.

I've had great luck with a '99 suburban with the vortec 5.7 litre. It's been a dream to own. It gets better gas mileage than my '04 GMC. I was hoping the GMC would do better since it is a smaller motor (5.3 LS1) and produces more horsepower. I really like the GMC and it gets around very well in the snow and such when out elk hunting. The locker is a good one, but probably failed when I got on it too hard on a corner: Slid the truck sideways on the pavement laugh. I'm hard on chit I guess... Seriously though, the truck is worth fixing. I like the body style, just not real keen on the push button computer controlled 4wd system that they are all going to:

[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,429
Posts18,470,760
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.