Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
A Kimber Montana in 7mm Mag will kill more surely and faster than any handgun made. I purposely exclude the hand-rifles like the Thompson Contender or Encore. Those are not handguns.

Except when the animals in question are really large, then you will want something that launches more than a mouse bullet.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Finish the job with the pistol and you won't need the rifle.
WILL

DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF:......IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF!
D@MN; I miss my meds.
THE WINDS OF TYRANNY HAVE SHIFTED. BETTER TIMES AHEAD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
only wished to begin a conversation as to whether they are viable or perhaps even superior to what we have all been using the last 100 or so years. And to find out if there was yet any kind of field results in that we could all consider.

And we had the conversation, you just didn't like what you heard so you're gonna keep doing this until somebody agrees with you.

Read 4ager's post that compared the TCM to other rounds. We had the conversation Mark, you're just not listening.

And no, there aren't any field tests using the new round on stuff that it's not suitable for.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
only wished to begin a conversation as to whether they are viable or perhaps even superior to what we have all been using the last 100 or so years. And to find out if there was yet any kind of field results in that we could all consider.

And we had the conversation, you just didn't like what you heard so you're gonna keep doing this until somebody agrees with you.

Read 4ager's post that compared the TCM to other rounds. We had the conversation Mark, you're just not listening.

And no, there aren't any field tests using the new round on stuff that it's not suitable for.

There is plenty of data available with 22 caliber rifle bullets used on game and we know exactly what a 22 magnum is capable of. That is the ballistic mark is talking about here.
There is really nothing to discuss.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Lets remember that Mark has a history of trying to make up for shiddy marksmanship by using uber fast guns. His whole thoughts of wanting tissue damage caused by "shock" far away from the bullet path corroborates this. Hell just look at the azz shot bear that he was incredibly proud of having someone else kill for him

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Tissue is elastic and stretches the most amount of stretch will be near the impact area. This tissue will tear and break away, the thought that the system holds together well enough for the stretch to be great enough the tear/destroy tissue well away from the impact area is a pipe dream, unless a secondary projectile does so. Secondary projectiles require at least 2000 FPS impact velocity and thus does not always happen at 2000 FPS. Fact is shoot a projectile through vital tissue and all ends well not matter the velocity.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Appears to me to be the long way around to justify a new gun purchase.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jwp475
A Kimber Montana in 7mm Mag will kill more surely and faster than any handgun made.

BS, I have put moose on the ground with a 475L with one shot as fast as any rifle.

How far from the moose were you John? Was there powder stippling around the entry wound? I'm sure you're good with your 475 Linebaugh, but it is no match for the 7mm Magnum as a hunting firearm.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
A Kimber Montana in 7mm Mag will kill more surely and faster than any handgun made.

BS, I have put moose on the ground with a 475L with one shot as fast as any rifle.

How far from the moose were you John? Was there powder stippling around the entry wound? I'm sure you're good with your 475 Linebaugh, but it is no match for the 7mm Magnum as a hunting firearm.

The point is that it has more than enough power and I was 50 plus yards. I have killed game well past one hundred yards with a revolver, but that is not the point.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Nonsense. Have you taken any big game with a handgun?

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Bovine Bullet Test

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The idiot never listens; or he has serious comprehensions issues.

Then again, it's likely both.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

A 440 grain hardcast 475 bullet traveling 1350 fps shades the original 45-70 load by a considerable margin. It will shoot through about five feet of heavy muscle and pulverize big bones w/o changing its course. Where that kind of penetration is needed, the 7 Mag is 'no match' for the 475.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by SargeMO

A 440 grain hardcast 475 bullet traveling 1350 fps shades the original 45-70 load by a considerable margin. It will shoot through about five feet of heavy muscle and pulverize big bones w/o changing its course. Where that kind of penetration is needed, the 7 Mag is 'no match' for the 475.

Exactly.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SargeMO

Thank you. Well said.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

Bovine Bullet Test

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Just a few random thoughts...
1. What is the big deal with "one shot stops"? Anything worth shooting is worth shooting again. Bad guys so they won't kill you and animals to save them from suffering.
2. All these people who talk about fighting their way back to their vehicle to get their rifle are crazy. If I can get back to my car, I'm getting in it and getting the hell out of there.
3. We're all insane when we answer one of Safariman's posts. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Mark comes on here with a (stupid) preconceived notion and will not listen to any other answers, no matter how logical they are.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
OK guys, I give up. It was my fault anyway because I made a declaration which pitted me against the three or four that have now gathered to defend the honor of big-bore handguns. The posts were also taken as a me vs. you. I readily admit that the four guys yelling at me now are much MUCH better hunters than I ever was or ever will be.

But, let me try and phrase it this way: If you didn't kill something to eat you and your family would go hungry. Your children are not old enough to hunt with either weapon yet. You have at your disposal a 475 Linebaugh custom revolver and a Remington 700 in 7mm Magnum, with of course, a fast twist barrel, to stabilize the Barnes TSX 150 grain bullets your ammo is loaded with (And pretend there is enough room in the mag to accommodate the COAL of that round). If you choose you can scope either firearm. But, here's the artificial caveat (because most of you would take both), which firearm do you leave the house with and which one stays home with your hungry family? Remember all those hungry eyes watching you.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by blueeyes
Finish the job with the pistol and you won't need the rifle.

Everything is relevant - My handgun is a B-B gun.

I'd be a fool not to use it to fight my way to my rifle -
Which is a pellet gun!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
OK guys, I give up. It was my fault anyway because I made a declaration which pitted me against the three or four that have now gathered to defend the honor of big-bore handguns. The posts were also taken as a me vs. you. I readily admit that the four guys yelling at me now are much MUCH better hunters than I ever was or ever will be.

But, let me try and phrase it this way: If you didn't kill something to eat you and your family would go hungry. Your children are not old enough to hunt with either weapon yet. You have at your disposal a 475 Linebaugh custom revolver and a Remington 700 in 7mm Magnum, with of course, a fast twist barrel, to stabilize the Barnes TSX 150 grain bullets your ammo is loaded with (And pretend there is enough room in the mag to accommodate the COAL of that round). If you choose you can scope either firearm. But, here's the artificial caveat (because most of you would take both), which firearm do you leave the house with and which one stays home with your hungry family? Remember all those hungry eyes watching you.

I did not see your comments as being us against them, and the post you just made is well stated. I think that any of us would choose the 7 RemMag rifle under those circumstances. But I would want mine to be a Mauser or a CRF Model 70 wink grin

And if big slow bullets were the be all end all of hunting cartridges, we would have all stopped looking for anything better than the 45/70. Or maybe the 50/70.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh for [bleep] sake, you can't stop a god damn bear with an ass shot from a 338 uber saurus magnum and your fine picking the semantics of a 22 for self defense.

If you want a new gun just to have, get it.

Don't justify it with reinventing the self defense argument.

Were already provided with enough options.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (1OntarioJim, achadwick, AceBall, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 17 invisible), 1,043 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,927
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.