Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

So, you want criminals to have easy access to fully automatic firearms???

I want the American citizenry to have unfettered, uninfringed access to any and all weaponry they deem necessary. You know, kind of like the Bill of Rights says?

I am not naive nor obtuse enough to believe that a law is the only thing keeping a criminal from having a machine gun, a grenade, or a pointy stick.

I use to cringe when I heard the term "Fudd," but the older I get, the more I realize its a valid description. Gun owners who believe that some guns are OK, as long as they are the ones they like, do more damage to our rights than all the ant gunners on earth. Makes me sick.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I really would prefer to have criminals locked up and kept there..

I would prefer that serious criminals, including felons in possession and people who are convicted of a felony that involves the use of a firearm were required to be executed. America is weak on crime, witness the millions of illegal/undocumented aliens who are living without fear of repatriation in your State.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Let's require a tax stamp on handguns so we can keep them out of the hands of criminals.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's amazing how few people grasp the concept of freedom and liberty. Sadder still how many are terrified of the prospect of living in a world where there isn't a law, rule or ordinance covering every aspect of life.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I really would prefer to have criminals locked up and kept there..

I would prefer that serious criminals, including felons in possession and people who are convicted of a felony that involves the use of a firearm were required to be executed. America is weak on crime, witness the millions of illegal/undocumented aliens who are living without fear of repatriation in your State.

Nice sidestep there....

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
That statement is actually worth making twice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by liliysdad

I want the American citizenry to have unfettered, uninfringed access to any and all weaponry they deem necessary. You know, kind of like the Bill of Rights says?

I am not naive nor obtuse enough to believe that a law is the only thing keeping a criminal from having a machine gun, a grenade, or a pointy stick.

I use to cringe when I heard the term "Fudd," but the older I get, the more I realize its a valid description. Gun owners who believe that some guns are OK, as long as they are the ones they like, do more damage to our rights than all the ant gunners on earth. Makes me sick.

pretty much....basic definition of a criminal is someone that ignores the law.....when has any gun law actually kept any gun out of a criminals hands? only thing gun laws do is keep guns out of the hands of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.....full auto guns are easy to get on the black market, phug sake whole lot of semi auto guns are not that hard to convert especially with every dumb arse having access to the internet.....laws dont keep full auto guns out of the hands of criminals any more than drug laws keep drugs out of this country...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
If you say so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
pretty obvious....out of 240,000 the legally owned machine guns in private hands in the US registered since what 1934? there have been 2 incidents of these guns being used in a crime, both times by cops.....yet how many full autos have been used in crimes? hell of alot more than two....hell there was more than that in the one LA bank robbery.....all full auto guns obtained illegally.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The number of transferable machine guns that I've seen cited is only 182,619, but 57,000 more or less is just a number. I don't see any chance of the current restrictions being loosened anytime soon, but if I was in the market for a fully automatic firearm, I'd just go through the background check process, write a check, and take it home when all the "Ts" were crossed and all the "Is" dotted.

I don't know how it is in Montana, but in Nebraska most crime involving firearms, involves stolen handguns, often in the hands of convicted felons who are likely to have a gang affiliation. Even when a convicted felon is found in possession of a firearm, the charges are often plea bargained down or dropped entirely as part of a plea of guilty to a reduced charge and a shorter prison terms.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Again, a sidestep....

You are either a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, or you are not. It is quite obvious you are the latter.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The number of transferable machine guns that I've seen cited is only 182,619, but 57,000 more or less is just a number. I don't see any chance of the current restrictions being loosened anytime soon, but if I was in the market for a fully automatic firearm, I'd just go through the background check process, write a check, and take it home when all the "Ts" were crossed and all the "Is" dotted.

I don't know how it is in Montana, but in Nebraska most crime involving firearms, involves stolen handguns, often in the hands of convicted felons who are likely to have a gang affiliation. Even when a convicted felon is found in possession of a firearm, the charges are often plea bargained down or dropped entirely as part of a plea of guilty to a reduced charge and a shorter prison terms.

Blathering isn't helping your case.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As long as the military has full auto weapons, so will anyone who has lot of money. The trouble with making it illegal for criminals that fully intend on killing others is that these criminals have no fear of the law. If a drug dealer is making 10 million dollars a year on his importing of cocaine. He will be armed along with his employees with the most sophisticated guns available. Joe the plumber is spending his money on his kids and saving for retirement. He doesn't have $10,000 for a M16.
I don't know how many armories there are in this country or others. But if I offered $100,000 for a M16, I'd get it and almost anywhere in the world, I'd get it. When I was in the Marines I was on guard duty at Camp Pendleton. Somone broke into one of our armories and stole M-16's. The thieves may have sold them for an extra-ordinary amount of money or they used it themselves or for their employers. Having strict gun laws only benefits these people as they will have guns and the law abiding often won't due to the high cost and due to the hassle of going through the fed's.
The people who obey the laws won't pay that much since people don't have the resources that criminals do. Drug traffickers make insane amounts of money.
So, a dreamer with no contact with common sense or reality (AKA Democrats) thinks that what a wonderful world this would be if there were no killings anymore and then comes up with the idea, hey lets not let others have guns and we'll pass laws that will stop the killings.
The sad thing is laws only regulate those who are willing to follow laws.
This is a concept that is too difficule for just plain idiots.

Last edited by Bugger; 03/10/15.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lilivsdad -- you are disscussing this issue with one such idiot.

Last edited by Bugger; 03/10/15.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I would have to agree with you.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Been saying it for YEARS. Lots of Fudds out there that are no less the enemy to the Constitution than is Obama and his ilk.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Oh no,....THAT would be absolutely awful, wouldn't it ?

sarcasm OFF.

Than and again one might live in and around the very EPICENTER of that goddam "Fast and Furious" debacle, and have absolutely no patience with your romantic notions, and totally [bleep] up concepts regarding control.

You're an azzwhole.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ouch.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Okay, Rocket Scientist, and Political Commissar extraordinaire,
please put Fast and furious on the table beside your proposed "System" and tell us about the merits of having GOVERNMENT handling alla' this,as opposed to the people of this country.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by liliysdad

It seems to me that regulations that keep criminals from easy access to fully automatic firearms is a good thing.

And with this, the reason our rights have been slowly stripped away is evident.

I think the point is that criminals, by definition, don't care about what is legal or not; law-abiding citizens, however, do. Therefore laws intended to stop criminals from "easy access to <fill in the blank>" only stop us from defending ourselves.

You'll note that drug dealers and thugs get what they want when they want it, while we get jerked around by gov't bureaucrats enforcing laws that are "just intended to protect us" (from ourselves apparently).

Therefore, such laws in fact suppress us from our natural right to self-preservation and create a target-rich environment for criminals.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,817
Posts18,477,674
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.