Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Wife text me the other morning and says she got the Charger stuck in the snowy driveway and took my truck to work. She says when you get home could you please get it unstuck and put back in the garage. I came home and this is exactly how I found it. She even had the snow shovel waiting for me. It goes nowhere in the snow! Yeah, it's got a Hemi, but who really cares?

[Linked Image]

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that's not much of getting stuck moment from the looks of the picture.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks for the helpful info, all. Bristoe, you make some really good points, especially after RickyBobby's comments. I did search a bit for more info on Dodge's AWD reliability, issues, etc., and didn't come up with any real damning information. At least now I have more to chew on before I pull the trigger. I suppose I should look further into the Wrangler, but was concerned about the similar issues, i.e. heavier, more expensive tires, not the best gas mileage, reliability. Guess I still need to do more homework.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heck, it's possible to get a 4wd pickup truck stuck pulling out of a parking spot.

[Linked Image]

Well, could have been the sustained 50 mph winds overnight that had something to do with packing snow under the truck high centering me trying to pull out.

[Linked Image]

or maybe because it was a chebby wink

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Wife text me the other morning and says she got the Charger stuck in the snowy driveway and took my truck to work. She says when you get home could you please get it unstuck and put back in the garage. I came home and this is exactly how I found it. She even had the snow shovel waiting for me. It goes nowhere in the snow! Yeah, it's got a Hemi, but who really cares?

[Linked Image]

Did you buy a Charger with summer performance tires only? If you did, then don't blame the car. If you live in the snow, you want to opt for the all season tires, not the summer performance tires. Please check your window sticker or your tire sidewalls. My guess is that this is the case. You don't have all season tires like you need.

If I am wrong, then I can't explain your car being stuck in that little snow. But from the photo, it screams that you bought a car with summer performance tires only.

IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I rented a Charger for 10 days and it was spectacular. Did everything well for such a large car, except get good gas mileage. Really comfortable, suitably quiet, tons of room both interior and trunk room. Sweet car. I really enjoyed driving it. It was good enough that I am now in the market for a Challenger -- same everything underneath, engine, transmission, etc. Dodge reliability scares me, but frankly every review shows that Dodge reliability is about where Honda was 20 years ago. I recall 1995 Hondas being called very reliable.

Last edited by jimbo202; 03/09/15.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I travel I lot renting cars weeks at a time and always rent the 300 or the Charger, most come with the 3.6 VVT V6 and 8 speed automatic. Lots a room inside and at 6'4" 285 I need every inch of it. Best of all I constantly average 29/31 highway with either the charger or the 300 unless it is the AWD version then it is around 27 mpg.

Will be on my list of cars to buy when I am in the market for another car.

Ted
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just got the wife a AWD Honda Crosstour. Does well in the snow, decent cargo room and mileage. 278 hp V6.
Might be worth the time to check one out.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Since a test drive isn't long enough to really know if you are comfortable with a car, rent one for a week. You should have an idea of how it suits you after a week of normal driving.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by doubletap
Since a test drive isn't long enough to really know if you are comfortable with a car, rent one for a week. You should have an idea of how it suits you after a week of normal driving.

This.

And buy the one that actually moves you a little bit. Life is too short to drive a boring car only because it's the sensible thing to do (unless that's all you can afford). I speak from experience. When I sold my high-dollar truck to buy an efficient work car I bought the best "deal", which was a leftover model. The car is perfectly suitable in every way, but isn't particularly impressive. When driving it (or just looking at it), I never think "Wow, this is a fun driving experience" or "Man, that sure is a great looking car"! Again, not a darned thing wrong with it, but there is no emotional reaction to it. I'm sure I'll keep it a long time, but the next go-round I'll buy something I actually have a reaction to...not just the smart play.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by test1328
I'm in the market for a new car, most likely a 4dr sedan of some type. I've got my 4wd truck (F250) that I use for hunting and my wife drives a Ford Expedition. I need a nice looking car for back and forth to work, going to church, going out, etc. The only requirements are that it seat 5 and I would like to have AWD since on snow days it's nice to have. I would really like to have a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon but for a daily driver in the city, it doesn't really seem practical. For whatever reason, I'm attracted to the Dodge Charger with AWD, but I don't know much about them and their reliability. Does anyone here have any first hand knowledge of the newer Dodge Chargers? Let me know your opinions. I do know that the 2015s won't be offered with the V8 Hemis, but I can buy a 2014 with the Hemi or the V6 for around $30K now. I understand that a lot of people like the Toyotas for reliability, but the Camry just seems too ordinary and the Avalons seem too big.
How many days a year do you need the AWD? If it's just occasionally, get a FWD and just use the truck or Expo when it's slick. That will get you a lot more options to chose from and what you save in price will pay for a LOT of fuel in the bigger rigs.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Savage_99
I drive a Chrysler 300C with AWD and the hemi. It's a similar size car looks wise to the Charger.

Here is a Charger [Linked Image]

The 300 is a little small in the trunk. I had to jam a big deer in there but it went in.

The 300 does not ride nearly as well on frost heaves as our Grand Marquis Mercury. Nor is the trunk as large. It gets good mileage.

I don't give hunting permission on our land to those who drive jap vehicles.
i wouldn't let them hunt either.
[Linked Image]

DON'T BLAME YOU A BIT.A REAL AMERICAN IS HARD TO FIND THESE DAYS.

Last edited by srwshooter; 03/10/15.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by srwshooter

The Dodge Charger doesn't make the top 10 as far as being American made. The Camry is the most American made sedan in the world.

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&subject=ami

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

The Dodge Charger doesn't make the top 10 as far as being American made. The Camry is the most American made sedan in the world.

Damn facts.

That Dumbass Don is completely lost and in over his head when discussing anything is no surprise. That srwshooter is backing Dumbass Don up is a surprise.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Damn facts.

That Dumbass Don is completely lost and in over his head when discussing anything is no surprise.

You're talking about someone that jams deer in the trunk, WTF that is....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey, I've stuffed dead deer in the trunks of cars before, too. In a cooler. It ain't hard to quarter one up fast and put them in a cooler.

Dumbass Don just makes this stuff up. He doesn't hunt (successfully) and hasn't killed a deer of any description in many, many years. He's an idiot, pure and simple.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, you're talking about actually putting a deer in the cargo area of a passenger vehicle.

I thought he was netti-potting the dark roast....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no idea what that means.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
No brainer camry or I really like the Toyota Venza.

My buddy has owned one for 3 years. Looks nice, good in snow dependable.

I know a few charger owners and all sold them after novelty wore off at a loss

https://autos.yahoo.com/toyota/venza/2015/;_ylt=A0SO8w6qC_9Uxl0ABdvBGOd_

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe

A bullschit list designed to assuage a Toyota Traitors conscience. Here is the REAL American made index.

Click Here

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (470Evans, 2500HD, 160user, 10Glocks, 3dtestify, 44mc, 16 invisible), 1,522 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,262
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.