Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Nice patterns. I looked for a target that Kimber shot with the Federal Lightning but could not find one not that you old wimmens would believe me anyway.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
GB1

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by dawggone
Nice patterns. I looked for a target that Kimber shot with the Federal Lightning but could not find one not that you old wimmens would believe me anyway.

For the record, I like the looks of your Kimber. But I was looking for a rifle I can use in the field to learn a little more about wind and not worry if it gets scratched and dinged up. I'm thinking the gophers are going to be pissed I got this thing!

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tough crowd here. You can't bring that thang to Wyoming Bob. We just don't allow such. Now if you have a Ruger, Remington, Weenchester, Kimber or even dare I say it shocked a Savage we will let it in the border laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It looks fat in that stock. wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've had several K of O Kimbers both centerfire and rimfire. Only 3 left and all 82's. 22 LR, 22 Hornet 22 K-Hornet Shooting sumbitches they be. Fat?? Nope they feel like real rifles. Mine used to see duty in the sod rat fields til the fuggin forest circus shut down the rat shooting north of town to save the fargit ferrets mad like them dang things come out in daylight anyway.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dawggone
You old women happy now?

[Linked Image]

M-8 6X Compact in Kimber Deluxe rings wink Of all the ammo I used it really liked the old Federal Lightning the best for group size. Just shot gophers with Federal bulk HP. Not enough rabbits around to bother with.

Nice I wish mine had a pair of vertical spits. May have to try and find a pair of those.

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by eh76
Tough crowd here. You can't bring that thang to Wyoming Bob. We just don't allow such. Now if you have a Ruger, Remington, Weenchester, Kimber or even dare I say it shocked a Savage we will let it in the border laugh

Ha! I'm bringing that sumbitch over there as soon as it's gopher weather. Like in August, when most of the snow has melted! Road blocks or not!

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like this gun!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Glad it's shootin' for you Bob.

Gophers are not fully out yet. Gonna look some more this weekend. End of the month should be good for killin'.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Still less than 300 rounds through it. It's coming along. I need to source a couple of bricks of CCI SV it looks like. I'm traveling to SC next Friday for a week. Gonna hit all the local stores and see what I can find. PSA is in Greenville where I'll be for the week. I hope to fly home with lots of ammo!

Bob

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Getting that bag through TSA ought to be interesting smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bobcape
Still less than 300 rounds through it. It's coming along. I need to source a couple of bricks of CCI SV it looks like. I'm traveling to SC next Friday for a week. Gonna hit all the local stores and see what I can find. PSA is in Greenville where I'll be for the week. I hope to fly home with lots of ammo!

Bob

My next testing will be with sub-sonics but probably not until after gopher season. I can't see using the can in a gopher field.

On another note, I'll never use Dakota Silencer again. They suck.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Bobcape

Bob

My next testing will be with sub-sonics but probably not until after gopher season. I can't see using the can in a gopher field.

On another note, I'll never use Dakota Silencer again. They suck.

Travis

I've heard that before. I use Deep Creek Outfitters. Good to go. Or First Stop Guns.

Bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Try some Lapua Center X through it. It might have European taste.

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
Try some Lapua Center X through it. It might have European taste.

Do you know of a source for some? I'd like to give some a try.

Bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I tried to find you some today. Champions Shooters Supply out of Ohio is out but has SK Rifle Match, which would be worth trying. I will send you a couple of boxes if you will PM me.

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Wow! That's very generous! Thank you. PM inbound.

Bob

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Found a little Fiocchi 320 match ammo. It was almost windless this morning. It shot better than the CCI SV. 75 yard groups resting across the back of my pickup.

Upper right group is 4 shots. I adjusted down and left and impacted too far low, left. Adjusted again and fired 10 shot group.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm still learning to shoot this rifle. And researching ammo choices.

Bob

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Stop testing and start killing Bob!

Travis

B
Bobcape Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Stop testing and start killing Bob!

Travis

Fixing to do some of that right now! laugh

Bob

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (22kHornet, 160user, 2UP, 44mc, 35, 14 invisible), 1,561 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,430
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.