Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Rory,

You are more concerned about encroachment and restrictions than I am. Maybe your decision to band together with other gun owners will have a positive outcome and you'll have the knowledge that you sacrificed your time and effort to champion a cause that benefited not only you and your family, but all those people who didn't have your foresight and your commitment.

Me, I'm content to count the years until the kids are done with college, my Wife chooses to retire, and we can move to Vail and live the Colorado mountain life.

Pure, unadulterated Fudd.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You'll fit in great in Colorado.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
You'll fit in great in Colorado.

Travis

I'm looking forward to use those guaranteed landowner permits and to be able to walk out the door and ski every day that Beaver Creek is open if the mood moves me.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hopefully that "right" will outlive you.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RWE

Me too.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I'm looking forward to use those guaranteed landowner permits and to be able to walk out the door and ski every day that Beaver Creek is open if the mood moves me.

I don't ski so I won't care if they ban skiing.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Me too.

I has a better chance if you work to defend that right and stop not caring as and when it's undermined.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Probably end up getting nailed as a felon in Colorado after you hand your rifle to your friend to hold for you while you step over a fence.

Illegal firearm transfer. Off to jail with you!

But since this doesn't affect Nebraskans, I probably shouldn't care?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Probably end up getting nailed as a felon in Colorado after you hand your rifle to your friend to hold for you while you step over a fence.

Illegal firearm transfer. Off to jail with you!

But since this doesn't affect Nebraskans, I probably shouldn't care?

That'd be WA state, currently, but I'd not be surprised to have CO go that way.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I guess that "quiet" is a more important consideration for some folks than it is for me.

Same reason you put a muffler on a vehicle wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rory,

You are more concerned about encroachment and restrictions than I am. Maybe your decision to band together with other gun owners will have a positive outcome and you'll have the knowledge that you sacrificed your time and effort to champion a cause that benefited not only you and your family, but all those people who didn't have your foresight and your commitment.

Me, I'm content to count the years until the kids are done with college, my Wife chooses to retire, and we can move to Vail and live the Colorado mountain life.

I've read some stupid posts on the fire in the years I've been on here but you sir, take the cake, as they say!! Absolutely moronic post sir. Maybe you can self medicate in Colorado to help ease the pain. If you don't care sooo much as you say then why even post such useless drivel? Just to prove to the campfire how idiotic you really are?

I have two cans currently waiting on the tax stamp approval. Not that I feel I need to justify anything to you but I purchased the 22 rimfire one so I could teach my 5 yo little girl how to shoot and try to make it more enjoyable for her. So, hopefully, she will have a much greater appreciation for the rights she has than you obviously do. You are the infestation plaguing this once great country. It's the all about me attitude!! Who cares as long as I get to do what I like. How hard do you think it would be for Colorado to decide they don't want to issue the landowner permits you can't wait to get? If they don't have a problem crushing the Bill of Rights how much of a problem do you think they will have taking that away?

GFY (and not in the pleasant campfire way)

Dick!!

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This thread has been enlightening as I had not really given much thought to suppressors. After reading through it, I have identified the following benefits:
1) hearing protection for the shooter and those nearby
2) politeness in not annoying those within hearing distance
3) not startling game in the vicinity of the shot
4) introduction of new shooters to the sport without the noise
turning them off
5) the chance, through use and/or support, to establish one's
cred as a True American
6) the opportunity to add to one's collection of "cute"
firearms-related terms through the use of "cans"

Can anyone add to the list, or conversely, point out any negatives about them?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They're expensive.

Both dealers I have used (two separate ones) sucked. And I mean, they SUCK.

If you use one at a public range people will ask you a lot of questions about "how you got it." Even though they have no intention of ever buying one.

More difficult to get out the window of the truck.

Next to impossible to test before purchase (for most people)

Few people have multiples of the different types. Meaning one guy won't typically purchase three different cans designed for 22LR, so getting an objective, unbiased review is difficult. Meaning you pretty much have to buy blind.

Idiots that can't figure out their usefulness for sporting purposes and having to explain it as they go cross-eyed and keep mumbling "tactical."

That's some of the drawbacks. Hope this helps.

Travis

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yes and this too,

Most only work correctly with the correct ammunition, meaning sub sonic.

Many do not work at all........

Yea really

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What do you mean by "work correctly?"

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
260Remgay is going to fit in great living in Vail. Gonna' be bummed when he figures out you can't shoot big deer off of a pivot though....

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Travis

I am curious as to this as well. I have yet to see a suppressor that didnt work correctly...some of them are crap, but they all do pretty much what they are supposed to.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Wa

Travis

Suppress sound as advertised (sound reduction).

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

You do realize that each dB rating is specific to the exact platform tested on, correct? Unless you are shooting the exact same gun with the exact same ammo as used in the testing process, its only a rough estimate....This is not false advertising, or poor construction, its just the way it is.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

You do realize that each dB rating is specific to the exact platform tested on, correct? Unless you are shooting the exact same gun with the exact same ammo as used in the testing process, its only a rough estimate....This is not false advertising, or poor construction, its just the way it is.

Thanks you for confirming what I wrote. They just don't work!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 62 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,828
Posts18,477,926
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.