-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like it better if he played for Carolina but Duke wouldn't be a bad second choice. The UVA coach is showing a lot of promise too.

I would not want my son to play for Calipari at KY.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Calipari knows what it takes to win, and winning is all that matters.

Bennett at UVA? Jury is still out. He's building something and has potential, but does it have the chops long term?

Coach K? Proven, and his grads are GOOD men. He instills more than just winning. Roy Williams at UNC? Ditto.

For the record, I loathed Dean Smith.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dean Smith was a GREAT coach but far, far too liberal for me.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 03/14/15.

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
OMG too funny. Coach K will always be ratface to us now.

I like Bennett a lot!!

BTW I may have to pull for Wofford. You think they have a shot?? laugh

Last edited by byc; 03/14/15. Reason: Terriers

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I think Kentucky could beat every team in the top 10 8 out of 10 times. But the question during tourney time is,...will they play one of those "8" games or will they slip up and play one of the "2" games?

Also,..as good as Kentucky is, I've yet to see them play a game where they're as good as they should be. Two or three players always seems to be having a bad night. Kentucky can get away with that because they're 9 deep minimum and have both an inside and an outside game.

Basically, Kentucky could put together 2 top five teams out of their roster.

IC B2

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Well they played like pro's today. I was especially, impressed by there always being a backup to anything that got through to paint.

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Yeah,..they looked good today, but Auburn spent themselves with the game they played yesterday and had two key players out of the game,..so it really wasn't a very good test of Kentucky's abilities.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If UVA or Wisconsin face KY and have all their people healthy and playing well the Wildcats are going to have their hands full.

On a given night Ratface and his pretty boys could beat them and maybe Carolina if all the stars align just right.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I've never understood the allure of Ghetto Tennis...especially the "Madness" part of it...But you all have fun!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

I would not want my son to play for Calipari at KY.

Whatever else you may think about Calipari, he does right by the boys that play for him.

That's why Kentucky has 9 McDonalds All Americans on the team,..and every one of them will tell you the same thing about him. He didn't promise them anything when he recruited them except the best training they can get in order to play professional basketball.

That's what the Kentucky basketball program offers and Cal makes no bones about it.

If you have the potential to play pro basketball, Kentucky is where you want to play your college ball.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
KY is the best NBA farm team going right now. I think it would be interesting to see how Calipari could do as a coach without all the one and done players.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I think Kentucky could beat every team in the top 10 8 out of 10 times. But the question during tourney time is,...will they play one of those "8" games or will they slip up and play one of the "2" games?

Kentucky should cruise through...but having said that I remember the Houston team of '83 getting knocked off by valvano's upstart Wolfpack club.

Anything can happen. That year was proof.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Needless to say, I've been watching Kentucky all year and there's been 2 or 3 times when a team that didn't even belong on the court with them gave them all that they could handle. Ole Miss would have beaten them if their point guard hadn't cramped up in the final minutes of the game and had to go to the bench. LSU gave Kentucky all that it could handle as did Arkansas.

Basketball is a game of momentum. That's why it's fun to watch. It moves fast,...and a team with nothing to lose can get hot and start playing *way* above its head. You see it all the time if you're a Kentucky fan. First off,...the SEC has better teams than they're given credit for,...and secondly,..generally speaking, there's no shame in losing to Kentucky in the SEC. So every team that plays them just plays out of their heads, wide open,...and if Kentucky doesn't turn it up, they get beat.

Basketball is a funny game that way. That's why it's interesting.

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A&M took KY to double overtime. That was the only game that I seriously believed they might have lost.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I much prefer CFB, and one of the things I enjoy about CFB are the upsets.

it's even more common in bball ime.

a great, well disciplined team can, if not often, at least not rarely, beat superior athletes.

or as Bristoe noted, whole teams get in the zone and play above their normal capabilities.

I'm glad in the March tourney it's 1 and done, 1 loss and bye bye.

otherwise if they ran like the NBA (yech) you might as well start inscribing Kentucky's name on the trophy

don't see many teams out there that I think are capable of beating them 3 out of 5 games.

but 1, oh hail yah.

and while I hate to sound racist (laffin), those white boys from Wis. could be one of those teams.

kind of a marvel in this day and age to see that many white guys make up a team and be competitive at that level

that's a well coached team, with some disciplined, smart players that have a fair amount of talent

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm also hoping the caucasians from wisconsin go deep.

That big man of theirs got skilz. Got game.

Last edited by Ghostinthemachine; 03/14/15.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
And then there is Arizona.

Dennis

Lets start over and talk about something you know about, like Mexican food.
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup...I believe AZ is the sleeper. Just like UConn last year.

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
So it just seems natural to say GO HEELs. Beat the Domers.

BTW who let those mid-west guys in the ACC anyways???

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This sleepy little burg nestled in the heart of the Bluegrass represents three things,....outstanding aged corn likker (bourbon), Thoroughbred racing horses,...and the birth of modern "bais-keet-bowl",...

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

304 members (2ndwind, 1badf350, 29aholic, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 46 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,975
Posts18,519,835
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.