Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
How did it turn out.?

Hands ache any time I use handtools now. Sometimes go numb or tingly for no reason. Grip has gone to S%*! Been putting it off for too long, time to get something fixed.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great. Get it done before it does too much damage and is permanent. Mine was quick and recovery was smooth and fast.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DW444
I had both hands done about a year ago a few months apart, full grip pressure returned only thing little finger on left hand did not come back as well( a bit weak) other wise every thing is cool. I am right handed so not problem. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had my left hand done about 10 yrs ago after I broke my wrist in a little motorcycle off. The doc put a titanium plate in my wrist and recommended CT while he was in there. I still fumble and drop things but I don't have any pain or tingling.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I Need Both Mine Done. I've Been Putting It Off For Years. Last Nerve Test I Had. Was 5.6 On Left And 5.9 On The Right.And Was Told Anything Over 4.0 Needs Fixing.My Little
Fingers Stay Numb Most Of The Time..

IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Had my right hand done 10 yrs ago, fully functional, I can feel the trigger again! My right hand was completely numb for over 18 months. I followed the recommended Physiotherapy made a complete recovery. As soon as the surgeon made the cut I had feeling in my fingers again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yup, and wish I hadn't put it off so long. Works great and no tingle nor numbness.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Only thing that must be remembered is that it whatever caused it can cause it again and it cannot be fixed a second time, according to my Dr. My hands are both severe but I haven't taken the time to fix them.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Had my right hand done on January 29 and my left on February 10th. The doctor had a hand fellowship. Local anesthetic on both. The surgery itself took about 15 minutes. Doctor said the ligaments in both hands were very tight and the nerve in the right hand was red and very inflamed. If you wait too long, you can have nerve damage and then the procedure is less effective. Three stitches in each hand. He said full hand strength in 12 weeks. Right now it can hurt if I put direct heavy pressure on the location of the incision, but otherwise I am fully back to speed. Been using a chainsaw and driving the tractor for the last 8 days. No numbness, tingling or pain while asleep (or at other times). PM if you want additional info.

Last edited by logger; 03/14/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a very severe case in my right arm about 20 years ago that I treated with non-surgical methods.

It took me about 6 months and I continued to use my arm for work all during the treatment, but very carefully...I had to be careful not to aggravate the injury, and even though I was extremely careful, I set back the treatment time on more than a few occasions by not giving 100% rest. One shouldn't really use an injured part, because it has to rest to heal, but fast-forward to now, 20 years later I am absolutely at 100.00%!

My GF had both wrists surgically done a few years ago, separately, and she was out of work for several months, and had to go on disability both times.

She is mostly ok now, but on one of her wrists, the doctor acknowledged that he nicked the nerve, so one of her hands has slight permanent numbness in a few fingers.

That's a common side effect.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had my right hand done 20 or so years ago. Perfect results with no lingering problems.

If you need them done, get them done. One hand at a time, though. Unless you have someone with you who will feed you, hold your tallywhacker when you pee, clothe you and wipe your butt and you don't mind having such things done for you.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Slept with a wrist brace for awhile, solved it for me.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I tried the brace and didn't have any luck. Went in last Summer and got a shot of something right in the wrist. Burned for a day or two but has been good as new ever since. Really nice...

Doctor said it might be fine for a few months or maybe get lucky and it's good forever. We shall see.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That's because you have a horse cock. The brace works for mortals.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, good point.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Whatever happened to Jesus?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
My hand's up. wink

Had high hopes that faded after several months of post-op without significant improvement. Much to my surprise and relief, however, after 8 or 9 months the nagging pain and numbness subsided considerably, and after about a year and change the difference was dramatic. It took awhile, but I eventually got almost complete relief.

As an aside, I asked the surgeon to administer only a local. She was adamant that my request couldn't be accommodated, but after my insistence on being able to watch, with my promise that if I yakked or passed out or whatever, she'd have me put under pronto. Of course, that never happened. "Mr. H, you're the first of a couple hundred patients I've done this on who forced me to stop cutting due to a case of the giggles!" She was hot, too. wink

Get it done. A large % of the procedures produce positive results.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The one I used to know?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Had my left hand done about 10 yrs ago after I broke my wrist in a little motorcycle off.

Funny. The worst discomfort and frustration from the affliction, that which ultimately led to my getting the thing done, was the numbness and shooting pain I felt while twisting the throttle on my bikes...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Had my left hand done about 10 yrs ago after I broke my wrist in a little motorcycle off.

Funny. The worst discomfort and frustration from the affliction, that which ultimately led to my getting the thing done, was the numbness and shooting pain I felt while twisting the throttle on my bikes...

That would do it!

I am looking at the same procedure for my left hand soon. When I have to work the very stiff clutch on my motorcycle a lot, such as on twisty or hilly roads where lots of shifting is needed or heavy traffic I will start to get pain and numbness in my left hand. A health improvement project for NEXT year. I might try a brace this year and perhaps even while riding.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,104
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.