Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The Geissele SSA showed up last night but Tex forgot to send the disconnector. That should be put in the mail today according to Tex.

I went ahead and installed it in my S&W M&P-15 .300 Blackout, sans the missing disconnector of course. Can't live fire the rifle but I have dry-fired it quite a bit. The SSA is exactly what I wanted - a pull long enough (about .15") to discourage unintentional discharges but one that is light and very smooth. Not surprisingly, the break is crisp and while I've learned about where to expect it, it still comes as a surprise.

Sure makes the mil-spec triggers feel like crap. smile

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 03/10/15.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
ugh. Can't stand trigger movement. Glad to know the SSA comes with creep built in. That way I won't buy one of those ever.

I still personally think that 2 stage is the way to get great triggers in the AR.

But I still want to try the single stage?? Gold just to see.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
ugh. Can't stand trigger movement. Glad to know the SSA comes with creep built in. That way I won't buy one of those ever.

I still personally think that 2 stage is the way to get great triggers in the AR.

But I still want to try the single stage?? Gold just to see.

The SSA is a two-stage. The take-up is in the first stage. Geissele calls it a combat trigger but it will do fine for hunting and targets.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
AH, I got it. I'll call Bill first before I order one. He and I go way back.

The shame of it all is that all our current guns have nice triggers in em.

But there are quite a few lowers laying around that need to be built up some day....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have an Armalite 2 stage Tactical I like. only $100.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I like Timney 3 pounders.
Drop in, tighten allen head screw to pull assembly against pins, and your done.
+1 I like mine for a hunting rig

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
The Geissele SSA showed up last night but Tex forgot to send the disconnector. That should be put in the mail today according to Tex.

I went ahead and installed it in my S&W M&P-15 .300 Blackout, sans the missing disconnector of course. Can't live fire the rifle but I have dry-fired it quite a bit. The SSA is exactly what I wanted - a pull long enough (about .15") to discourage unintentional discharges but one that is light and very smooth. Not surprisingly, the break is crisp and while I've learned about where to expect it, it still comes as a surprise.

Sure makes the mil-spec triggers feel like crap. smile

Funny story about that disco. Not exactly about triggers, but interesting...

I'd had no idea it had gotten separated from the trigger. Mailed the trigger, hammer, & springs to you, then went to work on a Leupold Mark 6, which I had put on an AR-10. The top turret has a zero stop function, and to re-adjust it you must loosen 3 little setscrews. I loosened one of the #6 screws too far, and it fell out before I could catch it.

I searched, and searched for over an hour, in my rest/cleaning station/tool box for the screw - which is how I found the disconnector. I picked it up, didn't recognize it, set it aside, then picked it up again wondering what the hell it was, and finally set it in a safe place. That's how I was able to find it so fast, when you asked about it blush

After looking & looking for the screw, just about everywhere in the room, I finally wondered if it fell into the rifle. Shined a light in the ejection port, and between the locking lugs and chamber, I spot a silver glint. A magnet retrieves the teeny-ass setscrew, and I finally get the scope fixed.

I was pleased to find the disconnector, thanks to the damn dropped setscrew. I was also really pleased the screw didn't wind up in the chamber - or barrel crazy

blush grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
tex -

The disconnector arrived today and I installed it as soon as I got home from work. It changed the feel of the trigger and there is now a little creep on the second stage where before it kept me guessing. Still, a very good trigger for my purposes.

So much for the S&W .300 BLK, now to get a good trigger for my RRA .223/5.56...

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 03/17/15. Reason: spelnig

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I put the Geissele DMR trigger in the Mk12. Spendy rascal but certainly seems nice.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,306
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.