Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree with you guys. Do not like ant head and the little pigs play a little dirty.

Portis....pfft!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree with you guys. Do not like ant head and the little pigs play a little dirty.

No worse than any other team.

Portis....pfft!

I will take some more like him. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by byc
Yo Bristoe! Your coach looks nervous! Sweating like a pig on market day!!

"It ain't communism??"

Cal is always animated. I don't think he was nervous. He was just pissed because the Cats started off slow yet again.

The biggest problem with this years team is they're just too casual. They don't kick it up until they have to,..and it drives Cal nuts.

They're gonna have to get over that before Saturday. Cincy plays hard and they play thug ball,...always have.

From here on out, if the Cats come out slow, they'll get beat.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That Chievous guy that plays for Hampton is one of the big stories of the day. He sprained his ankle bad day before yesterday,....had to be helped to the bench. But he's a senior and it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that this was the last game of his college career,..and he was determined to play.

He got a double/double with 22 points and 10 rebounds. That would have been remarkable if he had been healthy.

He was hurting bad by the second half but he refused to come out,...even after it was apparent that the game was a lost cause.

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Cats-Bear Cats at 2:20. This could be a good one! I expect Cincy to be very physical against KY!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
That Chievous guy that plays for Hampton is one of the big stories of the day. He sprained his ankle bad day before yesterday,....had to be helped to the bench. But he's a senior and it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that this was the last game of his college career,..and he was determined to play.

He got a double/double with 22 points and 10 rebounds. That would have been remarkable if he had been healthy.

He was hurting bad by the second half but he refused to come out,...even after it was apparent that the game was a lost cause.

Agreed. That kid played hard and with everything he had. That's impressive at every level. I wish the kid well and I hope someone at an NBA front office paid attention to his game and drive. He's a throwback player with a ton of grit and determination.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry Brown said the Cats could beat any team in the East and contend in the playoffs.

Barkley said Brown was crazy!

Anyone keeping an eye on Arizona??

Go Nats!!!!

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It's real obvious that these 2 teams do NOT like each other.

Go Nats!!!!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ugly game so far.

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by byc
The odds of nailing a perfect bracket are 1 in 9.2 Quintillion.

That's 9.2000000000000000000!!!!

Local golf course has a deal - you don't even have to be perfect, just have the best one out of the entrants and win free green fees for life.

I'm gonna enter.

That's a great deal!! How's it working out for you?

My bracket is at about 80% now. Maybe a little lower.

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Kentucky played their best game of the year today,..played physical against a very physical team and took 'em to school. (and this Kentucky team isn't known for physical play)

Entertaining stuff.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
These teams better hope Booker does not get hot.

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup! KY is playing well because as you said they are staring to play muscle ball just like everyone else. But they are doing it clean.

Also, as a team they are playing well at both ends of the court across all players. Will be hard to beat.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Go Cats!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Wolfpack on the verge of taking down 1 seed NOVA.

But 3 State starters with 4 fouls.

Good game!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by cutNshoot
These teams better hope Booker does not get hot.

Or that Cal realizes that he needs to keep Trey Lyles in the game longer...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
Wolfpack on the verge of taking down 1 seed NOVA.

But 3 State starters with 4 fouls.

Good game!!

The ghost of Jimmy V was alive tonight. The Pack got the job done. cool cool

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Good win by NCSU...ACC is making a strong showing thus far

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Good article on *this* Kentucky team. Not really surprising to those of us who follow them. They're actually good kids. Some of them are downright bashful.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/28576156/bozich-kentucky-has-the-look-and-the-vibe-of-a-champion

excerpt:

Ask the Hampton Pirates, the team Kentucky dispatched, 79-56, in UK's opening NCAA Tournament game at the KFC Yum! Center Thursday night. The Hampton players were more impressed by the way Kentucky behaved than the way the Wildcats played.

“They didn't do too much trash talking,” Hampton guard Gregory Hayden said. “They weren't arrogant. They just came out and played basketball and did what they had to do.

“They were polite. They were actually cool and dapped us up. They said, ‘Good game, keep your head up.' That's really surprising from a group of guys that caliber.

“Most people think they're the number one team in the nation, McDonald's all-Americans and cocky. That group of guys aren't like that. They're very humble.”

I interviewed four Hampton players after the Wildcats defeated the Pirates. All four said they expected Kentucky to win the NCAA Tournament. All four said that John Calipari's players did not say one discouraging word to a team that was obviously outmanned.

“They're a great group of guys,” said Emmanuel Okoroba, Hampton's reserve center. "They didn't talk trash at all.

“While they were beating us, one of them actually stepped on my shoe and said, ‘Excuse me.' That shocked me.”

That player, for the record, was Dakari Johnson, Kentucky's back-up center.

It's been that way all season. Darrin Horn, an analyst on the SEC Network has worked multiple UK games. Horn said that Kentucky plays like a group of guys who are comfortable on the big stage.

“Our job is not to brag,” Johnson said. “We just come out and play a game that we love, just compete and have fun with each other.”

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
+1

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (35, Bigd7378, Anaconda, anothergun, 6MMWASP, BB3, 8 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 842 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,532
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.