Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
you can't excuse what he did, but you easily understand why he was outraged

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2001/09/mcveigh200109

it has more context today than it did before 9/11. I'm sure there will be comments about who wrote it or what magazine its in - Set that aside and take the time to read it.....

"There was to be only one story: one man of incredible innate evil wanted to destroy innocent lives for no reason other than a spontaneous joy in evildoing. From the beginning, it was ordained that McVeigh was to have no coherent motive for what he had done other than a Shakespearean motiveless malignity. Iago is now back in town, with a bomb, not a handkerchief. More to the point, he and the prosecution agreed that he had no serious accomplices."
--------------------

Finally, as he was about to be sentenced, the court asked him if he would like to speak. He did. He rose and said, “I wish to use the words of Justice Brandeis dissenting in Olmstead to speak for me. He wrote, ‘Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or ill, it teaches the whole people by its example.’” Then McVeigh was sentenced to death by the government.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
That terrorist act was apparently triggered by his anger at the Waco, Texas mess. BTW, his partner in it is still in prison.
We also had the Randy Weaver Case from the same gang, Bill Clinton's AG, Janet Reno. Both cases were efforts by the then AG to discredit and make examples of the so called "far right." As usual, the hard left's efforts failed taking alot of innocent people with them.
Frankly, considering how much worse the current pres and AG are, I am surprised we haven't had alot more of this. True alot of mexican citizens have died, as well as a couple of our Border Patrol Agents, but it can get alot worse. E

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Today they target via IRS.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
there is alot more depth to the article than just Waco or Ruby Ridge.

For example, McVeigh used Truman as his justification for blowing up a building with innocents in it.

again...."For good or ill, it teaches the whole people by its example"

he wasn't preaching it, but the code he lived by is powerful stuff.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whatever the case, McVeigh did more to damage the cause of civil liberties in this country than one can imagine. He saved Klinton, for one thing.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Whatever the case, McVeigh did more to damage the cause of civil liberties in this country than one can imagine. He saved Klinton, for one thing.

While I agree with this^^^, Janet Reno was totally out of control as well and had absolutely no reason to be in the position of AG.

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Long time since I read such a glowing review of a guy who blew up a daycare.

But, the Left loves that stuff.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
19 kids in daycare, what did they know about Waco.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
As I recall, McVeigh was camped out at Waco watching the whole thing transpire. I saw some news footage of him being there just the other day...I think on CNN?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image]

IC B3

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun

so McVeigh is a leftist...that's your takeaway?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Calhoun

so McVeigh is a leftist...that's your takeaway?

No, the glowing review is by a leftist. I can't remember any conservatives giving him a pass and making him out to be a hero for freedom for what he did since he was doing it for "justice". Evil is evil, and killing kids is way the [bleep] up there on the scale.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oheremicus
" ... We also had the Randy Weaver Case from the same gang, Bill Clinton's AG, Janet Reno. ...

Nope. The Randy Weaver incident at Ruby Ridge in Idaho, occurred under the leadership of Republican President George H.W. Bush, aka "Bush the Elder."

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Last edited by g5m; 03/24/15.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Harry M

What about the kids the govt killed at Waco or Ruby Ridge?

At least in the big scheme of things McVeigh was executed for his crimes.

The waffen BATFEces and FBI scumbags responsible for the massacres at Waco and Ruby Ridge are unfortunately still walking around and breathing. mad

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oheremicus

We also had the Randy Weaver Case from the same gang, Bill Clinton's AG, Janet Reno. Both cases were efforts by the then AG to discredit and make examples of the so called "far right." As usual, the hard left's efforts failed taking alot of innocent people with them.

The Weavers were righteously taking down by George Herbert Walker Bush's troops in August of 1992, several months before the election.

Heck, the planning for Waco even started in early to mid 1992 so that ball was already rolling by the time Clinton got in office. I hate seeing liberal democrats get credit for the plans of our Conservative Republicans.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Harry M

What about the kids the govt killed at Waco or Ruby Ridge?

At least in the big scheme of things McVeigh was executed for his crimes.

The waffen BATFEces and FBI scumbags responsible for the massacres at Waco and Ruby Ridge are unfortunately still walking around and breathing. mad

It's ok since Bush was involved.

On a similar note, we need to support H.S. Precision and Troy Industries for employing the heroes of those battles.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pineapple upside down cake sounds good.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Had strawberries for dessert.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
elkhunternm and hawkdriver sure do support the actions of Bush at Waco and Ruby Ridge.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,397
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.