-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone want to bet that O'Riley takes credit for the charges on tonight's show.

I'm giving five to one odds.

I'm also betting that is father doesn't show up to testify at his trial wearing his Tallyban hair do.

Last edited by FieldGrade; 03/25/15.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Our Military is full of honorable men.

Deserters get a one-way ticket behind bars (let's hope).

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ken_L
The saddest part about all of this are the soldiers who died who had to go looking for him after he deserted.

This^^
I truly hate that we released terrorist's for this apparent POS,but the fact that we lost honorable men/women over him is sickening.
Put the POS in a locked room with some mothers & fathers of these lost soldiers.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't agree with Fred on everything, especially not this.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by plainsman456
They should give him a tiny hammer and a rather large rock and at least 50 years to whittle it to pea gravel.

and take back the 5 years of back pay he received when he returned home, with interest.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Berdahl is the WORST type of conscience objector: he didn't just go to his officers and say Im done with this, reassign me or jail me, whatever, but I wont fight...

He walked off TO THE ENEMY- endangering his fellow soldiers, to which has an equal duty like his conscience and protecting his own skin, AND may have aided and abetted the enemy, getting said soldiers killed or endangered.

Hes a POS. Send him to Utah. Practice that new law. Ill travel to pizz on his grave as a prime example of this Administration, its anti-Americanism, and deliberate demoralization of its proud fighting forces

God Bless Americas fighting forces; They're being lead and punished now by an unpatriotic, amalgamated UnAmerican, but this too shall pass.

Last edited by WillARights; 03/25/15.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes! I too am amazed the brass had the fortitude. Good for them.

1Minute
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Ok so lets say he's tried and gets convicted.
Since Obozo acted alone in making the trade by bypassing congress, released 5 enemy combatants as part of the trade AND paid a ransom for Berghdahl's sorry ass, does this not make Obozo guilty of treason ? Aiding and abetting the enemy and providing material support ?

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WillARights

Berdahl is the WORST type of conscience objector: he didn't just go to his officers and say Im done with this, reassign me or jail me, whatever, but I wont fight...

He walked off TO THE ENEMY- endangering his fellow soldiers, to which has an equal duty like his conscience and protecting his own skin, AND may have aided and abetted the enemy, getting said soldiers killed or endangered.

Hes a POS. Send him to Utah. Practice that new law. Ill travel to pizz on his grave as a prime example of this Administration, its anti-Americanism, and deliberate demoralization of its proud fighting forces

God Bless Americas fighting forces; They're being lead and punished now by an unpatriotic, amalgamated UnAmerican, but this too shall pass.

I don't think he was a conscience objector in any way shape or form, I firmly believe he went native and it wasn't just his absence that lead to good soldiers being killed looking for his sorry azz, but intel he provided to the enemy that lead directly to our soldiers being killed.

At a minimum he should live the rest of his life behind bars, more appropriate would be capital punishment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by WillARights

I don't think he was a conscience objector in any way shape or form, I firmly believe he went native and it wasn't just his absence that lead to good soldiers being killed looking for his sorry azz, but intel he provided to the enemy that lead directly to our soldiers being killed.

At a minimum he should live the rest of his life behind bars, more appropriate would be capital punishment.

There is still no guaranty he will face a court marshal as yet..

Even if he does get court marshalled, it going to be difficult to prove he left his post with the intention of joining the enemy so I doubt Treason will be on the table..

In fact, I suspect the Military will avoid that, and instead go for simple desertion charge and then follow it up with some sort of "reckless endangerment", "aiding and abetting the enemy" or "gross misconduct" relating to his actions after his "capture"...

I am hoping the Military will be allowed to run with this, but I bet the top brass will be under immense political pressure to make it all go away...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He should have been left with the Taliban and the 5 we traded fro him should have been summarily and unceremoniously executed and ground into fertilizer.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn
He should have been left with the Taliban.

I believe he should have been brought to justice, but it should have been done without a trade or ransom being paid...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Battle field justice of yesteryear do have its advantages..

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Who else was he going to desert to? Other than the enemy. He had to know they would find him.
He also had to put on a hell of a act to the Taliban or they would of sold him to
a beheading moviemaker.
He had to be feeding them info in exchange for keeping him alive.
His fellow soldiers searched for him, resulting in casualties.

Hang him high, grind him fine and never speak his name again.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
From the article linked above:

"Desertion has historically been punishable by death, but the Army will not pursue that in Bergdahl’s case. That’s hardly a surprise: No soldier has been executed for desertion since Pvt. Eddie Slovik, who was killed by firing squad in January 1945 for abandoning his unit in France the previous year."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ravenr2
Who else was he going to desert to? Other than the enemy. He had to know they would find him.
He also had to put on a hell of a act to the Taliban or they would of sold him to
a beheading moviemaker.
He had to be feeding them info in exchange for keeping him alive.
His fellow soldiers searched for him, resulting in casualties.

Hang him high, grind him fine and never speak his name again.

I feel the same way, but it will depend what the JAG thinks will stick at the Court Marshall..Again, that's if Obama does not intervene and pull the plug on the whole thing..

Personally, I would be quite happy if Bergdahl faced the death sentence, but I very much doubt that will happen..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Bergdahl is at best a deserter, and at worst a collaborator.
Death sentence is in order.
US Troops died because of him!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
obongo has proven he is incompetent and unqualified to be commander in chief. He needs to be removed from office.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He wants to close Gitmo but first he has to make it irrelevant by emptying it. He couldn't free five of the worst unless he had an excuse all wrapped up in patriotism.

This fits a pattern where kumbaya politics trump US interests. This is his personal legacy.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 444Matt, Anaconda, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 8 invisible), 1,481 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.