Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeremy Clarkson, the contumelious host of BBC's show Top Gear has been fired. He admits to verbally and physically attacking a show exec earlier this month.

Fuller story HERE

No word yet on if or when already-filmed episodes will be aired, no word on if Clarkson will be replaced, nor any word that the show itself will continue.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a surprise. Always was a love/hate thing with the guy. On one hand you know he is an ass, on the other he is funny on the show. His constant snide remarks about America, while sometimes funny, pissed me off. Not many things make me mad but attacks on God or country are way up there.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
That was one of my favorite shows back when I got BBC. Even my wife, who cares nothing for cars,enjoyed it. The humor of that kind of show just works for me. If they don't come to an agreement with him, I think the show is done. Hopefully someone else picks it up and lets them just do their thing. Don't know if the american version of it is still on, but it was just horrible.

I think it was last year that he got in trouble because he was giving James and Richard grief over a bridge they had built. He said "Look, there's a slope on it" and the camera pans to a little Asian guy walking across the bridge(although the bridge was sloped too). I thought it was funny, but apparently it was almost a firing offense.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Contumelious. Really, only five syllables? laugh

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
His contract and the contracts of both Hammond and May are all up next month. None of them will be renewed. They view themselves as a "team." I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see all three of them together on a new auto-related show on a competing channel or network, laughing "all the way to the bank."

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's the end of the show. May and Hammond have already agreed not to go on without Clarkson.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great show, had to end sometime..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didnt like the show, so I wont be missing anything.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the show, to bad

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I enjoyed the hell out of the show. Clarkson was a riot.

Oh well. G'luck fellas.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My favorite show. Nothing PC about it, great cars, great drives, superb humor.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read Clarkson once punched out Piers Morgan.

I'd buy him a beer, given the chance smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I liked the show and never took any offense to his ramblings about the USA. I will say they were always respectful to members of the UKs armed forces. I am sure we Americans look pretty crazy to the rest of the world based on our media. Or what's written here for that matter.

Last edited by Mike_S; 03/25/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i enjoy the showdidnt fine Clarksons occasional shot at America or Americans any big thing....a US show that had British cars you prolly see the same thing going the other direction....but then again i can also laugh at myself....hell watched him take the same sorta shots at Germans, Russians, Aussies and even some groups of Brits.....not like the guy had a hatred of the US or anything......just took shots at bout any group for a laugh.....no big fuggin deal....

i discovered the show when i was stuck on the couch after back surgery.....first episode i saw is when they built campers and i was hooked after watching Clarkson drive his three story monstrosity down the highway.....i damn near pissed myself....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
what a shame
one of the few decent shows on tv
admitted fan of Brit humor though

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Don't forget about the P45! Haha

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I read Clarkson once punched out Piers Morgan.

I'd buy him a beer, given the chance smile

There's talk of netflix trying to start something similar with him and the others in it. It will probably be a good show if it goes ahead, however there are things you can do with the backing of the BBC you couldn't do with netflix. Such as drive a Ford off a Royal Marines landing craft onto the beach while they storm it and talk about how two grenades fit in the cupholder etc...

[Linked Image]

Starts at 4:40

Last edited by NathanL; 03/25/15.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny but the show actually started back in 1977 but it was not very successful until Clarkson joined in around 2003.

While I enjoyed the show, I think Clarkson was getting past his sell by date.

In more recent shows, I started to see Clarkson's behaviour and treatment of others crossing a line from quirky / funny to simply boorish and arrogant..

Playing the grumpy old man is fine, but there is only so much you can do with that and its started too wear a bit thin with me now..

All good things must come to an end, and I expect this will be it for the show..It may carry on, but I suspect it will simply fade away if it does..

Last edited by Pete E; 03/25/15.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
They'll always be sorely missed at our house. Me, my son and my wife loved that show.

and Clarkson's comments about Americans....

I lived in England for 3 years in the 60s...63 to 66.
and lived off base, among the English...

being an American, but living among the English, I learned to see things thru their perspective.... and what Clarkson said about America and Americans, while many may not always like them or laugh at his assessment, but I really don't think he is far off base....

seeing our country thru other people's eyes can be an eye opener...

a fine example is how many Americans associate Canadians say, 'eh' all the time....working in Canada, I had a Canadian counter, Americans use the word "huh" just as often....

started paying attention to that observation, and ya know what.... they weren't wrong...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
• Oh, and one time he punched Piers Morgan, who was, until recently, his public nemesis.

What?

How come he ain't SIR Jeremy Clark by now?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 70 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,099
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.