Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I have been in Post Falls Idaho this week house and Pit Bull sitting (2 of 'em plus three small dogs) for my cousin Vicki, my Kidney Donor while she and her husband went to Seattle for the last tests to determine her health and suitability for the transplant. And it is all a GO!

I will plant our travel trailer at the RV park on the 11th, do a bunch of pre op stuff on the 12th and 13th, then undergo what will likely be the most major and dangerous surgery of my life on April 14th.

WHEW, what a ride and endurance contest! My cousin volunteered to be a donor clear back in October of 2014. When they told us the tissue match and blood matches were perfect we thought we were home free, but ohhhhh nooooo...... Vicki had to do a Nuclear Kidney function Test and many others this week. Only yesterday did we get the 100% for sure OK and GO sign.

I am excited, but a little nervous also, to be perfectly honest.

The outlined plan is for my surgery to be on the 14th, keep me at the Virginia Mason Transplant Center until about the 20 or 21st, then we have to remain within a certain travel time distance of the hospital for 4-5 weeks depending upon how well I recover, how well my body 'takes' the new to me Kidney and how long it takes them to figure out the right combination of anti rejection and other drugs. I will be visiting the Hospital at least 3x a week during that time for blood tests, med monitoring etc. Perhaps another visit or two (but hopefully not!) if I have a rejection or internal bleeding problem during that time.

Here we go, prayers much appreciated! (SO much thanks to those of you who have been praying for me and for Sherri during this time)

Mark

PS I have been told my more than one person that I will notice a big difference in how I feel (much better!) the very minute I wake up from the transplant surgery. Kind of like getting a magic pill that cures a bad flu bug instantly.This is an exciting thought, for sure.

Last edited by safariman; 03/26/15.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Prayer sent. I wish you well and hope that the magic pill brings about a quick and complete recovery.

Bill Quimby

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I truly hope all goes well for you. A member of my church got a kidney transplant a few months ago, and he is on the road to recovery. His son was the donor.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers sent that all goes well.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All hopes for a successful surgery

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Best wishes sir, if possible I would like to be in the know thru PM on your procedure and progress and follow-up. Provided your wife is able to jot down a few lines to send.

Btw, are the doctors still planning to remove both of the bad kidneys? And is that most of the risk?

Thanks for the updates Mark.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great news Mark. I will be praying for both of you.

Jim

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good to hear it. Pray it all goes well.

Keep us updated if Sheri can.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thank you everyone, for the prayers, concern and well wishes.

I am hoping that I will be able to send updates myself, but it is more probable that they will come from Sherri in the first week or so.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I pray all goes well.

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Awesome news!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Best wishes sir, if possible I would like to be in the know thru PM on your procedure and progress and follow-up. Provided your wife is able to jot down a few lines to send.

Btw, are the doctors still planning to remove both of the bad kidneys? And is that most of the risk?

Thanks for the updates Mark.

I am so glad that you want and read the updates. Hard to know how often to put something in here about my goings on.

We will make sure you get the scoop on my recovery. As best I can, I will try and do an update to the general campfire here also.

Yes, the high risk part of my procedure compared to most is that at least one of my kidneys has to come out. Surgeon is leaning toward removing just one. I am lobbying to get both of the much oversized blocked up organs OUTTA THERE.

We shall see, and maybe not know about removing one or two until they get one last pre surgery look at them the day before via an ultrasound.

We will know soon enough I suppose. Thanks for asking.

MARK

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good news Mark! Been a long road, I truly hope all goes well.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Amen

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope all goes well for you, praying.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Great to hear Mark....

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Praying all works out well for you. Keep us posted.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Great news. I'm praying for you.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's great news!! One of my best friends is 11 years out from his kidney transplant and doing well, his wife was his donor. I've heard him say many times that he woke up from the surgery feeling better than he had in years. Prayers sent.

I once visited a place where BBQ was a verb, Canadian whiskey was the norm and no sweet tea on the menu. Hell on earth for a Southern boy!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duxndogs
That's great news!! One of my best friends is 11 years out from his kidney transplant and doing well, his wife was his donor. I've heard him say many times that he woke up from the surgery feeling better than he had in years. Prayers sent.

Thank you for the prayers, AND the great report! Yeah, this "felt better when I woke up" seems to be a recurrent theme. The way I have felt the last few months and especially this week, I can believe that and easily. Been feeling pretty rough for a couple of years and especially bad since about mid summer, so this is a VERY exciting thought. Hope is a wonderful elixer.

Last edited by safariman; 03/27/15.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,479
Posts18,490,020
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.