Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
GaryVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Looking to add versatility to my Sako 85 with the addition of an Aimpoint Micro. I do not wish to remove the factory Sako machined dovetail and was looking for options to avoid having too high of a mount from using a Sako dovetail to Picatinny adapter sandwiched between the rifle and the Aimpoint micro mount.

[Linked Image]

I found the above Henneberger Montage Sako mount (on the right within the above pic) in use overseas, but nothing like this here in the United States. The Henneberger is a base plate which replaces the factory Aimpoint Micro base mounting plate, which then allows the Micro sight to clamp directly to the Sako dovetail without an added adapter.

Anyone on this board familiar with this mount and a source for purchase within the United States? If not, anyone having alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That's a slick mount for a Sako! My only thought is to contact the company that produces it directly. See if they will sell you one or provide contact info to distributors who might ship you one.

GaryVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This is what I know about them so far, translated from German. Do not believe anyone at their shop speaks English and have yet to find any dealer of their product who speaks English either. Trying to get either Alex Roy or Aimpoint USA interested in their mounts. They appear to be top shelf overseas.

[Linked Image]
The company Henneberger was established on 11.29.1966 by master gunsmith Rudolf Henneberger in Muennerstadt. From 1971 Rudolf Henneberger worked for the firm. FW Heym GmbH & Co. KG, also based in Muennerstadt as head of hunting weapons. His own operation ran parallel further addition to his work at Heym. During this time, the legendary double rifle Big Five, which was auctioned by Safari Club International was created.

In 1987, Rudolf Henneberger ended his tenure at Heym and son Frank Henneberger joined as an apprentice in the gunsmith craft in his father's business.

A second income created machining center - In the year 2000 through the acquisition of a CNC.

01.01.2004 took son Frank Henneberger the operation from the Father, today has operations in the company.

In October 2009, followed by the biggest step to date: The move to the newly built site.

There is now the company Henneberger of 14 people carry-out work for hunters, gunsmiths and gun shops in Germany and abroad. The now equipped with several processing centers milling produces not only their own products (Riflescope Mounts, mounts for red dot sights etc.), parts for machinery and transport equipment.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I would try e-mailing or calling them. It likely someone at the company speaks passable English.

That mount looks pretty beefy. Are you sure you are really decreasing the mounting height that much with it over a picatinny rail setup?

GaryVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The mount is not beefy, it is trim with minimal height. All Micro sights require a mount to be bolted to the bottom. In the picture, that is a factory Aimpoint Picatinny mount bolted to the sight. You remove this mount and replace it with the Henneberger Montage Sako mount, it then clamps directly to the Sako dovetail without the need of any additional 3rd piece adapter.

In Europe, Henneberger has made these mounting bases in cooperation with Aimpoint since 2009. But in the United States, the only thing you will find is people using the Picatinny or Weaver base mounted to the Micro, and then they will add an adapter to convert the Sako dovetail to Picatinny, and then sandwich that Frankenstein mess together. This combination is indeed increasing the mounting height and making for a Bubba mount. The other thing you will see is that some will machine off the Sako dovetail and then mount a Picatinny base to reduce the height and clutter. I do not wish to lose the Sako dovetail and I want to eliminate this extra clutter.

Best smile

- Clint Eastwood
IC B2

GaryVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The below, also translated from German, reference their history making mounting bases for Aimpoint Micro mounting solutions. Henneberger makes approximately a half dozen or so mounting bases for the Micro sight for high end rifle applications, including the Sako, such as Blaser, Merkel, Fabarm, Sauer, claw mounts, etc, etc. I already have inquiries in to Aimpoint USA, and Alex Roy who has expressed interest. I will attempt to communicate directly with AB and Henneberger this coming week, but had hoped someone here already had experience or knowledge reference mounting the Micro to the Sako dovetail.

Best smile

Aimpoint Micro - Installations:
Our become more time-tested assemblies for the Aimpoint Micro. The bodies are made from the highest quality aluminum alloy, the surface is anodized black. The assembly shape is perfect at the Aimpoint Micro - adapted housing. Very low mounting heights from 3 mm, are a guarantee for optimal objectives.

Aimpoint, the inventor of the illuminated dot sight, relies on the quality of our installations (since 2009 We are supplier of Aimpoint).

- Clint Eastwood

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1moredeer, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,400
Posts18,470,126
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.