Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RGK
This A-bolt in .223. Sadly sold to a fellow forum member that also likes it. It had a 6x42mm Leupold on it that was perfect.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Is that a lefty or is the pic flipped?? Quite rare if it is left.

GB1

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess the biggest surprise of my graying outdoor career would be the Sako Finnwolf and Remington 7600.

Both shared unbelievable accuracy straight out of the box with factory ammo.

The 7600 after a little bit of work balances like no other rifle. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised, it's built just like an 870.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sorry I no longer have the Finnwolf.

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
About 5 years ago while wandering aimlessly around a gun show, I spied this old BSA Enfield Sporter model E in .303 British. Not only was I not looking for one, I had never seen one. I had always wanted an actual sporting rifle in .303 but was never a fan of the P-14 action. Still, I was intrigued and it followed me home. It turned out to be one of my most satisfying purchases and the very first 3 shot 100 yard group with 215 gr Woodleighs landed in 5/8" of an inch.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by RGK
This A-bolt in .223. Sadly sold to a fellow forum member that also likes it. It had a 6x42mm Leupold on it that was perfect.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Since you can read "Leupold", I don't believe the pic is flipped.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by TeleCaster
I'm not a big A-Bolt fan, but I do like this one.

Me, neither....

But my A-Bolt II Medallion in .257 Roberts has fast become something of an unexpected all-time favorite.

Whodathunkit, eh?

Is that a short action or long? I almost bought one of those in 257Rob yrs ago but it was sold before I arrived with the next day with the cash.

It's short.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
50 Cal CVA Optima Elite In-Line muzzle loader. For a while I had a hard time picking up my cartridge rifles.

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
30-30 carbines are famous for low recoil and good hunting accuracy within reasonable distances.

Sherwood

[Linked Image]

FIRE UP THE GRILL - is NOT catch and release!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
no pic right now, but I have used an DPMS LR-308 with 16" barrel for a few seasons and really like it. Much more so than I thought I would and it has accounted for my longest shot ever

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
Originally Posted by RGK
Bob

[Linked Image]

Since you can read "Leupold", I don't believe the pic is flipped.

Thank-you for pointing that out. Missed it not wearing my specs whilst viewing the thread on my handheld device. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not a big A-Bolt fan, but I do like this one.

Me, neither....

But my A-Bolt II Medallion in .257 Roberts has fast become something of an unexpected all-time favorite.

Whodathunkit, eh?

Is that a short action or long? I almost bought one of those in 257Rob yrs ago but it was sold before I arrived with the next day with the cash.

It's short.

What is the max OAL length for cartridges in this one?

IC B3

T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
[quote=SuperCub][quote=TeleCaster][quote=SuperCub]

It's short.

I just measured the interior length of my spare magazine -a new in box but decades-old A Bolt magazine marked .257 Roberts on the body. With the follower fully depressed, it's 2.821" from the plastic insert at the front to the interior rear wall of the magazine.

But both this magazine and the original one that came with the rifle seem to choke if the bullets are seated beyond 2.785" Up to that point, they feed fine.

I'm seating my 117 grain SPBT Interlocks to 2.772". They feed fine out of both magazines and this seating depth with this bullet seems to give me best accuracy from 40 gr. IMR 4350 in Nosler .257 Roberts +P brass.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
For me it is easily my TC Icon in .243....bought it cause I liked the feel, and the price was greatly reduced.
Never touched the bedding, trigger, nothing...great out of the box. It is now wearing a Leupold CDS setup and heading for Texas in june...

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=SuperCub][quote=TeleCaster][quote=SuperCub]

It's short.

I just measured the interior length of my spare magazine -a new in box but decades-old A Bolt magazine marked .257 Roberts on the body. With the follower fully depressed, it's 2.821" from the plastic insert at the front to the interior rear wall of the magazine.

But both this magazine and the original one that came with the rifle seem to choke if the bullets are seated beyond 2.785" Up to that point, they feed fine.

I'm seating my 117 grain SPBT Interlocks to 2.772". They feed fine out of both magazines and this seating depth with this bullet seems to give me best accuracy from 40 gr. IMR 4350 in Nosler .257 Roberts +P brass.

Thanks

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
For me, it would be either of the X-bolts purchased a couple years ago. Really like the SS Stalker in 7mm wsm, but the black Stalker in 7mm-08 is right there. I've got a Win M-70 custom in 284 win and a semi-custom Rem 700 in 308, but either X-bolt is a more consistent sub moa shooter. Fairly light in weight (6-8 and 6-5 resp), reliable and smooth feeder, longer than expected mag box, and Very Good to Excellent accuracy. The reason I have two is because I liked the SS Stalked so much. Very nice factory rifles.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My Ruger American Rifle in 22-250 has been a pleasant surprise. It feels great, shoots well enough to be a 300 yard critter killer. And, it didn't break the bank.

Keep your eye on the fruit........
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Now that is pretty sweet SCGunNut. Thansk for posting.

I've never run across one myself. Like you, I always wanted a "non-sporterized" .303 and finally got a Ruger #1. I'm gonna keep my eyes out for one of those BSA's tho.

Was that deer shot with the 215's?
And may I PM you for some info on those as I have some I'd like to load but don't have much data for them (Mr. Redgwell's book and some Norma info).

Oh, I like to carry the #1 but haven't had a chance to take any game with it yet.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A Marlin XL7 .270 I bought for $250. It was really accurate and handled well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Now that is pretty sweet SCGunNut. Thansk for posting.

I've never run across one myself. Like you, I always wanted a "non-sporterized" .303 and finally got a Ruger #1. I'm gonna keep my eyes out for one of those BSA's tho.

Was that deer shot with the 215's?
And may I PM you for some info on those as I have some I'd like to load but don't have much data for them (Mr. Redgwell's book and some Norma info).

Oh, I like to carry the #1 but haven't had a chance to take any game with it yet.

Geno

I bought a Ruger as well but have yet to shoot anything with mine either. It's accuracy can't hold a candle to the old BSA's, but then again I haven't had a lot of time to play with loads either. That doe was killed with the 215 Woodleigh. Also shot one with the 174 Hornady RN. It seems to shoot well with about anything but it loves that 215. Got my 215 data out of an old Lyman manual. Feel free to drop me a line.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1badf350, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 1,632 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,992
Posts18,520,247
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.