OP Offline
R
Who has hunted w/ JJHACK in africa?

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've hunted with him twice. Both were great trips. You won't go wrong booking with JJ. Many folks from the campfire have hunted with him and all the reviews I've read have been positive.

RAC Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have. First trip to Africa. My wife and I had a great time. I estimate Jim has conservatively cost me over $100,000 since that initial trip. Africa hunting is addictive! You will not want to stop.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have hunted with JJHack on one occasion in the Limpopo provence of RSA and am taking a second trip in two months taking my best buddy along. On the first trip my wife accompanied me and I can honestly say that we had a wonderful time. The entire trip went without a hitch. If you would like, please PM me and give me your phone number and I will call you or you can call me. The game was plentiful, the food excellent, the accommodations very good, the PH excellent, the trophy care was excellent and the camp was very good. Those are the reasons I am going back with JJHack for my second trip.

Rolly
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I went on my first trip trip to Africa 2 years ago and booked with JJHack. Excellent trip all the way around. Took my wife too and had a great time. So much so I'm going back as well in 2 months. Hitting a different area of S Africa but again booked with JJHack. You won't go wrong with him. Feel free to PM me if you want more details.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buzzie, What are you going to do for a gun? Take your own, rent, borrow? Be aware that customs is implementing some unobtainable requirements for bringing your gun back into the states.

Rolly
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hey Rolly, I think I'm going to bring my own gun. I have some time to try to figure this out but I've heard Coppersfield is offering to get the necessary paperwork done for $50 or $75. I'm hoping things will be a little more clear in the next couple of weeks.

If things are still undetermined then I may go to the SF airport to talk to customs in person. We will see but what a pain in the rear.

When are you heading back and are you going hunting with Hanno or another outfitter JJ works with?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If Coppersfield can do this please give me contact information. We are leaving on May 9th and returning the 25th. so I need to get this figured out quick. We will be hunting with Hanno again. I am going after wildebeest, nyala, impala, warthog, and an eland. My buddy is going after kudu, impala, warthog, and zebra.

Rolly
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I would assume that JJ would have advised you on this?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Have fun Rolly. Tell Kyne hello for me. They have done a lot of improvements at their lodge. If you didn't partake in the Vulture feeding at Shelanti I suggest you do so. That was amazing.

I sent you a PM with what info I have for now.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have hunted with a trip set up by JJHack and it was flawless.

FYI I just used Coppersmith to get paperwork for an upcoming trip. Fifty dollars and it was done the same day.The challenge will be getting the airlines, CBP, and TSA on the same page.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Hunted with Jim a number of years ago and had a great trip. Everything was well organized and exactly as represented. It's funny that was my once in a lifetime African adventure I have been back 5 times since
Chris

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (6mmbrfan, 6MMWASP, 444Matt, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 673, 10 invisible), 1,561 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,554
Posts18,510,417
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.