Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe

The people have been war weary for quite some time, as evidenced by their unfavorable reaction to Obama's attempt to involve American troops in Syria,...so where's the idiotic part?

In the White House?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Reminds me sorta of the Perky pumping here a few years ago (and then there is Bows who dreams of pumping Perky). Cruz is not going to be the nominee. Trust me on this.

I'd lay money if anyone is foolish enough to take it. Bring it.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
ill bet you a bottle of wine.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
When you win, Roger; you'll lose.

Jackass will send you a bottle of the piss water he has in his crawl space.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ted Cruz has as good of a chance to be elected as George Wallace had.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe, maybe not, but you guys are missing the point. Cruz is, and has been, confirming what America really wants, and what Washington has become. If he stops the RNC and Wall Street from nominating a squish akin to Romney or McCain, that will surely lose, he has done well.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cruz's political strategy is really very simple and transparent....... he intends to exploit the smouldering anger re "politics as usual" among the whole electorate.

It worked against Dewhurst in Texas and if it doesn't work nationally, it will be because too many other folks are not as smart as Texans.

grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hard to say its what America wants

I will agree its what a segment of the GOP wants (as of now the segment that does not control the purse strings - we should ask who the Kock brothers want?, who does Sheldon Anderson want?) and perhaps a number of moderates and outlier tea party members

but on the whole, as of now - its not enough

He'll have to do ALOT more to win the GOP, while still pulling in moderates and Reagan Democrats.

His best bet is to stay away from the social/morality legislation but I bet he won't be able to.

Its still a long time before things even start to shake out.

I mean just look at this board - Walker was the flavor of the month 3 weeks ago.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/31/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
hard to say its what America wants

I will agree its what a segment of the GOP wants (as of now the segment that does not control the purse strings - we should ask who the Kock brothers want?, who does Sheldon Anderson want?) and perhaps a number of moderates and outlier tea party members

but on the whole, as of now - its not enough

He'll have to do ALOT more to win the GOP, while still pulling in moderates and Reagan Democrats.

His best bet is to stay away from the social/morality legislation but I bet he won't be able to.

Its still a long time before things even start to shake out.

I mean just look at this board - Walker was the flavor of the month 3 weeks ago.

Okay, now that you described "politics as usual", what does Cruz espouse that you believe the majority of Americans don't want?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Cruz's political strategy is really very simple and transparent....... he intends to exploit the smouldering anger re "politics as usual" among the whole electorate.

It worked against Dewhurst in Texas and if it doesn't work nationally, it will be because too many other folks are not as smart as Texans.

grin

He's been doing that for 30 years. At least there isn't a lot of flip-flop baggage to contend with. It will be interesting to see when others announce, since Cruz is taking the full brunt of the Democrat owned media.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
start here

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Ted_Cruz.htm

he supports defining what marriage is and is against gay marriage ( I am too but I'm talking about America, not my world view)

While I think many people are angry with Obamacare, I still see its repeal as a conservative issue, not a national one (how many times has it been tried to be repealed?).

He's anti-immigration (and this isn't a voter thing as much as it is Republicans and Democrats do not want to enforce it)

Extending unemployment benefits promotes joblesness

He's for raising the retirement age and capping cost of life increases on Social Security to inflation rate

and that's without touching on his unconditional support of Israel and hawkish opinions on war.

----------------

So, IMO, its not all that easy to see that he won't have national appeal to moderates and undecided voters who have voted democrat or not voted at all in the past due to them finding the Republican candidate unappealing.

And this is coming from someone who is neutral on Cruz. I think he has some good things to say -- although I will admit, I am cynical on every politician so I tend to take a "prove it to me" view of them.

It goes back to that 47% Romney was talking about - until any GOP candidate, not just Cruz can tap into that then I don't see how you can say they represent what the majority of Americans want

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What about the 13 million conservatives that have quit voting over the past three elections and the other 30 million that vote against the status quo?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if you think Ted Cruz represents them, so be it, I won't argue.

But to say he is what America's wants doesn't address that 47%.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That 47% is a myth that sunk Romney's battleship. Rubio is to announce next week. It's gonna be interesting to watch the media get spread so thin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
That 47% is a myth that sunk Romney's battleship. Rubio is to announce next week. It's gonna be interesting to watch the media get spread so thin.

I think its a myth to people that think the majority of the country share the same conservative beliefs as they do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't confuse conservatives with Republicans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sorry, my friend, but your post typifies why Conservatives haven't held the W H [ever?] in decades.

The guy suits you but you don't think he'll suit enough other people to win.

Do you really think that other right thinking citizens are that much different from you?

I'm not letting "47%", or 85%, for that matter, dictate who I want to get the nomination.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Sorry, my friend, but your post typifies why Conservatives haven't held the W H [ever?] in decades.

The guy suits you but you don't think he'll suit enough other people to win.

Do you really think that other right thinking citizens are that much different from you?

I'm not letting "47%", or 85%, for that matter, dictate who I want to get the nomination.

completely irrelevant - my focus is solely on the idea that the views of Ted Cruz represent what America wants versus a subset of what conservatives/Republicans want.

and you're telling this to a Ron Paul guy, btw

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I think its a myth to people that think the majority of the country share the same conservative beliefs as they do.

It is no myth that the last two national elections without Obama on the ballot were Conservative landslides.
Those numbers prove that best Conservative to come out of the primaries can win the next Conservative landslide.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Lets imagine this.....

2016 10:46 AM MAR 23, 2015

Let’s Be Serious About Ted Cruz From The Start: He’s Too Extreme And Too Disliked To Win

This is going to be painful for you true believers but here we go.....

By HARRY ENTEN

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s newly minted presidential campaign is the media equivalent of a juicy rib-eye that robbers use to distract a guard dog during a heist. He’ll get a ton of media attention, and he’ll get to spread his message — which may be all that Cruz is after — but Cruz almost certainly has no shot of winning the nomination, according to every indicator that predicts success in presidential primaries.

Gee, if it's on the internet, it must be ture. grin

Page 13 of 19 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (10ring1, Armednfree, badwolf, 7887mm08, ar33c9, 12 invisible), 1,433 guests, and 920 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,208
Posts18,503,886
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.