Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Ted has the message and conviction that decent folks want to hear, so I hope they send him lots of money.
As for you, I don't care for any of your degenerates or low information voters that got us into this mess to begin with and ........GFY

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Low information voters is all there is.

High information people don't bother with it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I fear not Teddy I wish him well. Would that he could be our next President. However that is not to be, perhaps in the future but not in the immediate future.

So I say hold your fire and support for awhile. Remember the last Harvard educated one time senator elected to high office? How has that worked out?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

So I say hold your fire and support for awhile. Remember the last Harvard educated one time senator elected to high office? How has that worked out?

Obama's character and work ethic has not changed since being elected. He is the same lazy, immoral, entitled, socially promoted "light skinned African American with no negro dialect" (Quoting Harry Reid) that he always was.

What is it about Cruz's character and work ethic that you would not like to see in "high office"?

The fact that they are both a "Harvard educated one time senator" has little, if anything to do with the comparison, and is a liberal straw man. Why not add that they both had a white mother and a minority father.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Like I said I have nothing against Cruz or his platform.

Problem is in my opinion (which almost always turns out to be correct) he is not electable this cycle. Maybe later, but not now.

If you truly believe he will be the next President take my bet.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know if he will, or not, but I will spend my time and money supporting a man that will be good for the country, rather than perpetrating a defeatist attitude. You are correct in your summation that there are similarities between Obama and Cruz. They both have (had) tremendous grass root support and benefit from a wave of the hate of government status quo.

Be honest. Would you have bet that Obama had a chance against Hillary early in 2007?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...and I know you have nothing against Cruz. You're just playing the odds. I mean to make those odds change.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
By the way, change of status quo, is what captures the "middle vote". Rightists never want to change.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was completely and utterly surprised that this once great country could elect such an unworthy person. And even more sickened that he could be re-elected.

My point is that this travesty occurred because many conservatives did not vote for two very good candidates. Demanding ideological purity or refusing to vote is exactly the same as voting for the opponent. Do not eschew the possible for the perfect.

Elections are decided by the 20% undecideds and Ted Cruz is not going to get those votes, whereas someone like JB has a very good chance on doing so.

www.paracay.com

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RWE

Ted Cruz is not going to be the Republican nominee. Fact. Anyone want to dispute it? I'll lay $100.00 at five to one that he will not be the Republican Nominee in 2016.

Any takers? Didn't think so.

You didn't give anyone a chance to take. Just bloviated right on through.

Besides, if you are laying 100 at 5 to 1, that means the other person has to come up with 20 correct?

Or are you offering up 100 from the other and half a K on your end?

$100.00 is the minimum I will lay and, yes, If Cruz is elected President in 2016 the other end gets $500.00.

Any takers?

Here is an article of interest:

http://spectator.org/articles/62275/ted-cruzs-mission-improbable

$100? $500? Really?

For serious betting, get hooked up with an overseas contact.
Bovada as of last week had Cruz at 33-to-1 to make it all the way to the White House.
Overseas sites also has Cruz at about 16-to-1 to win the nomination.

In 2012 I had Palin at 33-to-1 and covered my $100 bet on her with Romney to win the nomination. I did not bet the general election. A little voice in my head kept saying that Mitt was going to mess up.

I now have a $100 on Palin at Paddy Power at a 100-to-1. If she gets in I will add to that bet at whatever the odds will be. And of course cover down with the frontrunner if it is not Palin.

I will also bet the general this time if Hillary is in. Hillary to lose.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
status quo politicians and non tax paying low info voters are what have created most of the troubles our country faces.

whatever your sphere of influence, telling folks that candidates that are the most conservative can't be elected is pretty well a self fulfilling prophecy.

you're either part of the problem or part of the solution.

tip o the cap to the good men out there that still see their role as being part of the solution.

so thanks Lt. Pat and others that no matter what the odds makers say, you put your support and conviction behind the most Conservative (funny that used to pretty much stand for main stream American) candidate(s) available

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I can like 'em but I'm not stupid enough to bet on 'em.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know, Spanky, a counterfeit high roller like you is a good fit for Jeb. He don't need money and you sure as hell ain't gonna contribute any.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by RWE

Ted Cruz is not going to be the Republican nominee. Fact. Anyone want to dispute it? I'll lay $100.00 at five to one that he will not be the Republican Nominee in 2016.

Any takers? Didn't think so.

You didn't give anyone a chance to take. Just bloviated right on through.

Besides, if you are laying 100 at 5 to 1, that means the other person has to come up with 20 correct?

Or are you offering up 100 from the other and half a K on your end?

$100.00 is the minimum I will lay and, yes, If Cruz is elected President in 2016 the other end gets $500.00.

Any takers?

Here is an article of interest:

http://spectator.org/articles/62275/ted-cruzs-mission-improbable

$100? $500? Really?

For serious betting, get hooked up with an overseas contact.
Bovada as of last week had Cruz at 33-to-1 to make it all the way to the White House.
Overseas sites also has Cruz at about 16-to-1 to win the nomination.

In 2012 I had Palin at 33-to-1 and covered my $100 bet on her with Romney to win the nomination. I did not bet the general election. A little voice in my head kept saying that Mitt was going to mess up.

I now have a $100 on Palin at Paddy Power at a 100-to-1. If she gets in I will add to that bet at whatever the odds will be. And of course cover down with the frontrunner if it is not Palin.

I will also bet the general this time if Hillary is in. Hillary to lose.

Palin at 100-1? Damn, Bows those are great odds...for the house. They shoulda given you 1,000,000(or more)-1. I'll give you 200-1 right now.

www.paracay.com

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No you won't.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
No you won't.

Spanky has a gambling problem.
Reminds me of a friend who would bet against the Bears, over under spreads, total points scored, whatever, despite being a huge Bears fan. Then when he'd lose a ton on a game he would try to convince everyone how glad he was that the Bears won anyway. Gawd I miss him, he paid for my nice fishing boat and my motorcycle and helped a few guys retire early But.... he is still a huge Bears fan.
You rock Spanky (sarc) even though your song is getting kinda old

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
He just a jack wagon.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
No you won't.

Spanky has a gambling problem.
Reminds me of a friend who would bet against the Bears, over under spreads, total points scored, whatever, despite being a huge Bears fan. Then when he'd lose a ton on a game he would try to convince everyone how glad he was that the Bears won anyway. Gawd I miss him, he paid for my nice fishing boat and my motorcycle and helped a few guys retire early But.... he is still a huge Bears fan.

You rock Spanky (sarc) even though your song is getting kinda old

Bows is the one with the gambling problem. I only bet on sure things.

www.paracay.com

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You guys trying to beat down poor Spanky might want to remember he was 100% right last time.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Scott F
You guys trying to beat down poor Spanky might want to remember he was 100% right last time.

He backed Romney

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (300_savage, 35, BallisticBRYAN, Akhutr, 338reddog, 9 invisible), 1,378 guests, and 848 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,208
Posts18,503,884
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.