Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by tatsoul
ordered the z5 5x25x52 yesterday.1725 out the door.Thanks for all the ones who gave opinions.I think i will be happy with it and it will do what i need it to do.

Makes little difference to me what you use, but since you asked for opinions, none of your choices would have been mine. But maybe it gets darker during those last 10minutes down there than it does up here.

Anyway, the humor is in the fact you just spent $1725. and you think you will be happy with it. Not know, just think.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I guess it gets dark hunting those peanut fields out of box stands 30' up in the air with office chairs sliding windows and sandbags.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
tatsoul Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Sucks someone can not even ask a question about 2 things without getting put down and slammed because they do not like what they want them to like.jokes about my tikka is irrelevint.the gun shoots because i had work done to it and i reload.i wanted a brighter scope so i got it..after looking thru it it makes the zeiss i have look like a turd in low light.this is my opinion.it does not mean its a fact.it means it is what i think.im sure leupold was probably a much better scope than the z5 but its ok.i can live with it without bashing other people for what they like.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Cousin built one last year and invited me in for a morning hunt. Ground blind, but no office chair, just one of those fold up and put them in a sack contraptions. Had a cooler full of pop, chips, candy bars, etc and had to slide the window open and shoot off my rolled up jacket. Didn't have it on because the Buddy heater had us at 72F. Guy could get used to that, if he is not careful. grin

Shot one in the morning early, but past hunts have told me a Leupold 6x42 would have taken me past the last 10 minutes of legal.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sucks someone can not even ask a question about 2 things without getting put down and slammed because they do not like what they want them to like.jokes about my tikka is irrelevint.the gun shoots because i had work done to it and i reload.i wanted a brighter scope so i got it..after looking thru it it makes the zeiss i have look like a turd in low light.this is my opinion.it does not mean its a fact.it means it is what i think.im sure leupold was probably a much better scope than the z5 but its ok.i can live with it without bashing other people for what they like.

Congrats Will! You made a good choice, can't wait to see some pics from the drone you're using for scouting too. Tough hunting for sure.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i find out that my terra is just as good as a swarvo z6 or a top dollar nightforce.

hahahahaha

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Steelhead

If I saw that fuggin thing flying around it would be a casualty. I guess now Ihave to pack a rifle and a shotgun to down any drones flying over grin

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 04/03/15.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ringworm
I guess it gets dark hunting those peanut fields out of box stands 30' up in the air with office chairs sliding windows and sandbags.

Got a lot of experience eh? 30' feet up in the air , sliding windows and sandbags ????????? Office chairs LOL and oh Peanut Fields.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 04/03/15.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sucks someone can not even ask a question about 2 things without getting put down and slammed because they do not like what they want them to like.jokes about my tikka is irrelevint.

Ok then. Can we start in with jokes about your spelling, punctuation etc...? grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

T
tatsoul Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
You select few must be bored and miserable.....haters gonna hate.thread went from rifle scopes to air conditioned box houses to drones....

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
to drones....

actually,the subject of male worker bees is a fairly common segue here.

T
tatsoul Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Im married,i have 3 kids,i have a toyota camry,a gmc 2500 truck,i have a can am commander that i use to hunt with and tattoo at island ink tattoos in ft walton beach fl.if im.missing something please feel free to let everyone know so they can include them in the new round of jokes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats on the purchase. However, and JMHO, I'd have run a fixed 6X in whatever flavor you wish...then, put the savings into ammo.

Careful with the drone stuff. You might want to check the states' laws you hunt in. They are now making laws that prohibit their use for outdoor activities, and (anybody correct me?) Wyoming? has a law where you can legally shoot the damn things down!

Also, if you're going to come on here and join the banter, think about zipping up your thick skin, because a large percentage of the fellas on this website have forgotten more about the woods than what little you think you know!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Got a lot of experience eh? 30' feet up in the air , sliding windows and sandbags ????????? Office chairs LOL and oh Peanut Fields.

No, I just shoot them out the bedroom window.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

No, I just shoot them out the bedroom window.

Sounds Great

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 4winds
...if you're going to come on here and join the banter, think about zipping up your thick skin, because a large percentage of the fellas on this website have forgotten more about the woods than what little you think you know!

Yep that's good advice.

There is a wealth of knowledge here but sometimes you have to weed through junk to get it. If you're easily butt-hurt this may not be the place for ya.

Hope ha stay around; this has been solid gold,

Efw

T
tatsoul Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Waiting on the brown truck for the dnz rings.got the scope and these ready for next week.150 gr accubonds vv n-140.best groups were between 43 and 44.5 so im gonna tighten em up.so far i love the scope.have no buyers remorse whatsover.i shoot deer in the neck alot so i really like the bt turret.gives me dead on accuracy out to 250 where i pop 80 percent of my deer.i know its not no where near as bad ass as some people here but its for me and it works for me.maybe one day i can shoot a prarie dog in the face at 1000 yards and be in the cool kids club but for now ill settle for cutovers and green fields.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
tatsoul Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Nice cull buck
those are 2 different deer both killed this past season.one on bottom was 22 outside spread

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Do all that with a fixed 6x and you might be considered into the club wink .

All looks promising; hope ha post up pics when ya put meat on the table this fall.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,472
Posts18,471,452
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.