Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Watched this several times, form your own opinion.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6e3_1428698048

Have not completely watched the youtube version, I assume it is the same video.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Anyone notice that @ 3:21 just after the first gun shot the standing cop on the left kicks the cop on the ground right in the face?

Why no blue lights?
Do these cops not even own a set of cuffs?
Fk!
What melee.
I've been in some brawls at at NCO clubs but you have to start cuffing folk.
I think once the spray was introduced the cops were diminished and resorted to deadly force.
The cop that got shot in the leg got shot by the cop on the left. The same one that kicked him in the face.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That was a total clusterfug.

The WalTrash were completely out of control, and no matter what happened, the only thing on their minds was fighting and resisting. I have no doubt that there could have been a couple or more cops shot and killed had things gone the other way for a few seconds.

The whole scene is a bad nightmare.

The danger is paramount with those fighting, moving around, appearing to surrender, then getting back into the fight from another angle. WAY too much going on there to cover anyone's back for very long. They needed back-up, and lots of it. But, being a small town, it wasn't available.

Glad I wasn't there.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ringworm
Anyone notice that @ 3:21 just after the first gun shot the standing cop on the left kicks the cop on the ground right in the face?

Why no blue lights?
Do these cops not even own a set of cuffs?
Fk!
What melee.
I've been in some brawls at at NCO clubs but you have to start cuffing folk.
I think once the spray was introduced the cops were diminished and resorted to deadly force.

Pavlovian response. It is the assumption that anyone on the ground is a civilian.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The danger is paramount with those fighting, moving around, appearing to surrender, then getting back into the fight from another angle. WAY too much going on there to cover anyone's back for very long. They needed back-up, and lots of it. But, being a small town, it wasn't available.

This. As seen with the North Charlston incident one officer can deal with someone running away:

but if the civilians are staying in the area, there needs to be at least 10 officers to every civilian for the police to triumph as seen here.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The cop that got shot was shot by his own officer.

I'll bet this is all stemming from a shoplifting.
When ballistic come it'll show the cop on the left at 3:17, was pepper sprayed, shot his own officer.
Fkin Christians.

Last edited by ringworm; 04/11/15.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

When ballistic come it'll show the cop on the left at 3:17, was pepper sprayed, shot his own officer.
Fkin Christians.

They also had been taught to roll after they were shot with stun guns in order to break the wires and stop the shock, and to appear to give up by putting their hands in the air in order to get close to attack again. The family refused orders to "get on the ground" and eventually overpowered
Daniels. Two of the suspects, including Enoch Graver, battled the officer for his gun, which went off and wounded him in the leg.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Fkin Christians.

No, you are wrong. Watch it again. The officer on the ground is the one who is shot in the leg, you can see the shot happen at 3:10 in the video, you see the flash of the pistol held up against his left thigh. The cop is wrestling with 3 of the derelicts for his gun and it goes off. It was not another cop, you can clearly see the shot.

At 3:17 is when the officer fires the first of two shots to clear the derelicts off the downed officer. The first hit the guy in the dark sweatshirt I believe, the second is at 3:20 the officer shoots a derelict in the face that was still attacking the officer who had been shot. 3 shots fired total, first was in the struggle for the officer's gun between him and at least 3 derelicts. The second two shots hit 2 derelicts, one in the stomach the other in the face. The third shot was the fatal one.

It was not a shoplifting, officers responded to a call by Walmart because the derelicts were in the store and physically assaulted an employee. They were camped out in their Suburban. When the fight breaks out there are 9 derelicts total, 7 fighting males against 4 officers and one civilian.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"It was not a shoplifting, officers responded to a call by Walmart because the derelicts were in the store and physically assaulted an employee. They were camped out in their Suburban. When the fight breaks out there are 9 derelicts total, 7 fighting males against 4 officers and one civilian."

This is a situation where the cops would have been justified in approaching with drawn guns and shooting the first person who engaged them, or failed to follow their order to stop fighting.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Wow ! Walmart shoppers and incompetent police. How more didn't get killed is amazing. Cops escalated the situation out of control being overly aggressive without even the first thought put into it. Then , not one of them puts any of the idiots in cuffs before moving on to the next guy. Completely justified shooting and honestly they could have shot a couple more with justification. The saying play stupid games win stupid prizes applies to both the family and the police. I will give the police credit for not being eager to shoot the idiots. Numbers were not in the police's favor so why go directly to grabbing people ? The first officer was handling it without it turning into a melee and a moment to consult with him and assess the situation probably would have ended with nobody dead and a reasonably quiet arrest. We'll never know and the idiot son who went for the gun is dead.

Last edited by Daveinjax; 04/11/15.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Monday Morning Quarterbacking DOES solve the problem in most cases.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Monday Morning Quarterbacking DOES solve the problem in most cases.

Yep, a police officer should never have their actions questioned by anyone.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Wow ! Walmart shoppers and incompetent police. How more didn't get killed is amazing. Cops escalated the situation out of control being overly aggressive without even the first thought put into it. Then , not one of them puts any of the idiots in cuffs before moving on to the next guy. Completely justified shooting and honestly they could have shot a couple more with justification. The saying play stupid games win stupid prizes applies to both the family and the police. I will give the police credit for not being eager to shoot the idiots. Numbers were not in the police's favor so why go directly to grabbing people ? The first officer was handling it without it turning into a melee and a moment to consult with him and assess the situation probably would have ended with nobody dead and a reasonably quiet arrest. We'll never know and the idiot father who went for the gun is dead.

Pretty good QB skills.

If you watch it with sound you can hear the cop say they need to separate for questioning. This is met by immediate response that is not happening. The cops didn't "just start grabbing people" they derelicts were agitated, circling and not complying and hadn't been before the video starts. Then the fight breaks out. The cops did not start it.

regarding cuffing, the officers were outnumbered and being doubleteamed most of the time. And the derelicts were fighting and resisting arrest. It maybe wasn't as easy as you think to "just cuff them."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think it was pretty good restraint for the officers to not shoot more people. This could have been way worse.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's some hilarious stuff....@0:55, two big guys throwing fists....goes on till 1:15,....looks like one of them says, "ow",..and walks off..!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well the two big boys can take a punch!

Camp is where you make it.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I am Monday morning QBing but the fight started when the cop laid hands on the son. It was a bad situation from the start and a moment to access without jumping in might have told them to wait longer for more help. It was coming and they new that. If it had been me in those officer's shoes there would have been three dead sons so give them credit for restraint. I just read the accompanying story and I was assuming it was a shoplifting when I wrote the first post. Knowing now that it was an assult call I would have been even more wary of getting into it without more backup. In no way am I second guessing the shooting though. It was just a bad situation to arrive to and I don't think that the officer barking orders and putting hands on the son was well thought out. A moment to talk them down and wait for more help I believe would have resulted in nobody dead or in the hospital. I suspect the officer who set that off wishes he'd been a little calmer and patient too. The incompetent comment is a too harsh but it wasn't handled well and arriving backup was way over confident in their ability to handle things.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cops are always supposed to bark orders and put hands on people. It is what they do.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by tzone
Well the two big boys can take a punch!

Indeed they can ! And pepper spray and tazing and batton hits. They didn't have much quit in them. After I had sprayed them , tazed them , hit them and they came back and tried to assult me again I'd have just shot them rather that risk injury again. You've already used all your non lethal force at that point and you are running a big risk of injury or death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Indeed they can ! And pepper spray and tazing and batton hits. They didn't have much quit in them. After I had sprayed them , tazed them , hit them and they came back and tried to assult me again I'd have just shot them rather that risk injury again. You've already used all your non lethal force at that point and you are running a big risk of injury or death.

Dave, I may have missed this previously, but did you mind me asking are you a currently serving, or an ex, LEO?

Last edited by Pete E; 04/11/15.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 160user, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,652
Posts18,474,627
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.