Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
but recall the British Empire fell under the weight of its own morality, its subject peoples voting themselves free.

hmmmm,...

So all it took for America to split from England was a vote?

Yes, it required a vote of the English Parliament.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
JoeBob, It appears that, had the south won the war, you envision a CSA today where everyone has a great job, everyone is happy, and all is well.

Keep in mind that Texas gave us L.B. Johnson, Arkansas gave us the Clintons, Georgia gave us Carter and Tennessee gave us Gore. We dastardly Yankees, none of us having played a role in the Civil War, did not bring those politicians to prominence. You did. You are to blame for what those scum have inflicted on the rest of us.

It would appear that, given your propensity to elect the above, the status of the CSA today would be about what you see around you now. And it would have been your fault, because of the people you elect. Ironic, isn't it?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by acy
JoeBob, It appears that, had the south won the war, you envision a CSA today where everyone has a great job, everyone is happy, and all is well.

Keep in mind that Texas gave us L.B. Johnson, Arkansas gave us the Clintons, Georgia gave us Carter and Tennessee gave us Gore. We dastardly Yankees, none of us having played a role in the Civil War, did not bring those politicians to prominence. You did. You are to blame for what those scum have inflicted on the rest of us.

It would appear that, given your propensity to elect the above, the status of the CSA today would be about what you see around you now. And it would have been your fault, because of the people you elect. Ironic, isn't it?

I don't imagine perfection. I imagine a more limited government where said schitbirds can do less damage. I know that is an incomprehensible idea for Yankees suckled on the teat of empire and Lincoln worship. But most of all, I imagine a place where I give not a frick about what someone from Michigan might think about the matter because he nothing but an inconsequential foreigner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are overlooking re-construction and its long term effects on people of the South, and their determination to not vote Republican, no matter what Democrat was running. Even now all local elections are all Democrat, no Republican running. miles

Last edited by milespatton; 04/11/15.

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Yes, Barack Obama is a good reason to get down on your knees and thank Abraham Lincoln for preserving the Union so that we could be ruled by this wonderful man.

Good Lord, what an idiot. Is Lincoln also responsible for Ronald Reagan becoming president? The fact that one event follows another in time does not mean A caused B. I notice that roosters crow every morning when the sun comes up. The rooster crowing does not cause the son to rise Joe Bob.

It never ceases to amaze me how people who ostensibly believe in liberty can villify the man who stopped the greatest affront to liberty in our time (chattel slavery) from becoming entrenched as a positive moral good.

Reagan supported expanding the Federal Government like Lincoln did.

Heck, go to a dinner and get indoctrinated more than you already are:

http://mngop.com/event/lincoln-reagan-dinner-2015/

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/west-kentucky-lincoln-reagan-dinner-tickets-15461175793

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015...-lincoln-reagan-dinner-in-denton-county/

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015...unty-gop-lincoln-reagan-dinner-in-texas/

http://politicalpartytime.org/party/38799/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/11/daines-zinke-to-speak-at-republican-lincoln-reagan/

http://www.hayscountygop.com/lincolnreagan/

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
JoeBob, I think what you fail to comprehend is that, given the people you elect, what would have happened can likely be seen by simply looking around you. In simpler language, what you imagine probably wouldn't have happened, due to the people you voted for. Inconsequential foreigners from Michigan didn't give us Johnson, Clinton, Carter and Gore. You did. If you think those people, elected by you, would have been satisfied with a "more limited government", then you are fooling yourself. Ironic isn't it?

Last edited by acy; 04/11/15.
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Miles, do you really think that is still the result of reconstruction? How many voters, under 40 or so, anywhere in the country, are even aware of reconstruction?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by acy
I think what you fail to comprehend is that, given the people you elect, what would have happened can likely be seen by simply looking around you. In simpler language, what you imagine probably wouldn't have happened, due to the people you voted for. Inconsequential foreigners from Michigan didn't give us Johnson, Clinton, Carter and Gore. You did. If you think those people, elected by you, would have been satisfied with a "more limited government", then you are fooling yourself. Ironic isn't it?

Michigan supported Johnson, Clinton(twice), and Gore. Ford(aka Leslie Lynch King Jr.)beat Carter in Michigan by less than 200K votes while claiming MI as his home state.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by acy
JoeBob, I think what you fail to comprehend is that, given the people you elect, what would have happened can likely be seen by simply looking around you. In simpler language, what you imagine probably wouldn't have happened, due to the people you voted for. Inconsequential foreigners from Michigan didn't give us Johnson, Clinton, Carter and Gore. You did. If you think those people, elected by you, would have been satisfied with a "more limited government", then you are fooling yourself. Ironic isn't it?

Geez, you Yankees are dumb. Schitbirds happen everywhere. The WHOLE POINT of the original government was to limit the damage said schitbirds could do. Lincoln took the opportunity of secession to destroy the framework of that original government to set up a system where the schitbirds could triumph and rule. Such things were necessary in order to plunder the public coffers for the benefit of the railroads and the like after the Civil War. Lincoln was a railroad lawyer after all.

IC B3

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sherp, I understand that. My point is that those politicians were brought to national prominence by the people in the south, not the north.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by acy
Sherp, I understand that. My point is that those politicians were brought to national prominence by the people in the south, not the north.

Your argument makes as much as sense as arguing that if there were no professional football, then it would have undoubtedly developed because men like Jerry Rice, Sammy Baugh, and Troy Aikman were born in the South.

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Yep, JoeBob, I'm dumb, but you voted for those southern schitbirds, not me. If you hadn't voted them into a position to run nationally, they couldn't have gotten there. You voted for people who would have done, to the CSA, just what you are pissed at Lincoln for doing; destroying the framework of the original intention of state's rights.
Geez, some of you southern fellows are dumb. Have you figured out the irony of your votes yet?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Apparently those candidates were attractive to Michigan voters such as yourself.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
nm

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/11/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be a drinkin wid ya rather than agin ya, JoeBob..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
From the link....

Whatever other reasons some of the Southern states might have given for secession is irrelevant to the question of why there was a war. Secession does not necessitate war. Lincoln promised war over tax collection in his first inaugural address. When the Southern states refused to pay his beloved Morrill Tariff at the Southern ports, he kept his promise of “invasion and bloodshed” and waged war on the Southern states. No gangster in the history of the world has ever enforced an extortion racket on such a gargantuan scale of death, plunder, and destruction.

Oh I get it....

...all of them 600,000 Union soldiers were lying when they said they were fighting "to preserve the Union", likewise the stated reasons for secession as voiced by the Southerners themselves were, as the author plainly states, meaningless. Heck the war woulda happened anyway even without secession.

Flat amazing how Lincoln could pull this off this all by hisself.....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From the link....

Whatever other reasons some of the Southern states might have given for secession is irrelevant to the question of why there was a war. Secession does not necessitate war. Lincoln promised war over tax collection in his first inaugural address. When the Southern states refused to pay his beloved Morrill Tariff at the Southern ports, he kept his promise of “invasion and bloodshed” and waged war on the Southern states. No gangster in the history of the world has ever enforced an extortion racket on such a gargantuan scale of death, plunder, and destruction.

Oh I get it....

...all of them 600,000 Union soldiers were lying when they said they were fighting "to preserve the Union", likewise the stated reasons for secession as voiced by the Southerners themselves were, as the author plainly states, meaningless. Heck the war woulda happened anyway even without secession.

Yes, it was wrong for the southern states to say they had had enough and wanted out. It is always wrong for the subordinate to cry foul and try to get out.

sic semper ad subditos

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/utah-killed-family-raped-wife-police-article-1.1858425

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
From the link....

Oh I get it....

Need I quote Goering as to how Lincoln could have pulled that off? As Herr Goering noted, it is always but a simple matter.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
From the link....

Oh I get it....

By the way, you've never answered the question as to why my state, after already having decided not to secede did so. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't about slavery.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,831
Posts18,517,019
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.