Hop To
Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Say Ed... I need to know a little more about the 'Old Codger' shooting contest. I want to make sure I got this right... .22LR at 50 yds, what position? Shoot off sticks, bags, rest? Reason I'm asking... do I need to bring my good gun or will the one on the truck floorboard suffice? grin

The "Old Codger" shoot hasn't been defined yet. The "Enemy at the Gates" sniper shoot is from prone except for those who, due to advanced age, can get prone but can't get back up. For them, shooting off of sticks while sitting is allowed.

Shooting from the supine position, aka 'dying turtle" is showing off, therefore, not permitted. Only Paladin is allowed to "show off". laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He said a resounding Yes!

I would be delighted to see that young man again. He made quite an impression on me. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Ed - this thread makes me envious. Wish I could join y'all again this year.

No more than I wish you could be here, Paul.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

As do I. miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by isaac
...I feel badly you couldn't come up with my appearance fee.

Thank you for the kind words, Bob.

If you would not have demanded your fee be paid in 20 year old Scotch, Cuban cigars, and having your personal sheep keep you warm at night, we could have had a deal. All I could find was 18 year old Scotch and the deal fell through. frown grin

Really, I am sorry that you won't make it this year. I am looking forward to the day we finally get to shake hands and swap lies in person.

Come see us sometime. Mi casa es tu casa.

Ed

Me and Miles was gonna donate our miles for your ticket Bob.

A bus really is the best way to see the country.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Way it got started was that the Younguns are having a match with any rifle, any sights, from prone at 200 yards. Us Mature Gentlemen are permitted to shoot in THAT match, sitting, with sticks. Blue don't own a 22, but you may shoot yours since it's "any rifle, any sights". In fact... I suggest that you DO shoot it with your 22. [hee,hee,hee]

Are you trying to confuse Randy or me?

The discussion was around the "Enemy at the Gates" sniper shoot with .22lr at 50 yards, prone. Since some of you are too "round" to shoot prone, or are old enough to generate respect and not have to endure the prone position, we were discussing letting you "mature" gentlemen shoot from sticks while seated.

If Randy chooses to shoot it from 200 yards, I'd say he was just showing off. laugh

Ed

The "handicap" was granted to me and Blue originally...... and Blue don't own a 22. Do I have to go back thru ALL the posts to prove it was for the 200 yard shoot?

Never mind, Randy got Grandfathered in, so it's going to be all screwed up anyhow.

And I got a 22........ a real good one.

grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
How'dy All, internet is down at the ranch, in town use ing borrowed computer I will catch up when we are back up and running, glad to hear Steph, is doing better. later rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm gonna bring my buddy, pal, and friend Blue, a .22 to shoot. He can shoot it any way he likes... sticks, prone, bags, rest, whatever.

I'm even gonna supply the ammo, for the .22!

Got 2 .22 rifles and a brick of ammo, for the kids to shoot.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I will have some .22 ammo for shooting. Have to check my stash and see if there is any for giving. miles

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
... Do I have to go back thru ALL the posts to prove it was for the 200 yard shoot?

Yes, you WILL have to go back through them to prove it to me.

The reason is, the ONLY 200 yard match we have(and have had) is the Prairie Dog Shoot and that is any rifle, any caliber, any sights, ANY POSITION.

Mebee you need to up your Geritol dose in the mornings? laugh

Ed

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by milespatton

I will have some .22 ammo for shooting. Have to check my stash and see if there is any for giving. miles

Me, too.

BTW, I'll dust off the "barn gun" for Blue to shoot if he wants to use a real quality firearm.

Ed

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The way we shot the 22lr at 50m was prone, but no support. That meant only elbows and whatever else from your body contacted ground. No bags, sticks, tripod, bipods, walkers or wheelchairs... rules can be bent for those who can't bend.
1 shot at a time.
BTW Paladin was supposed to be in Peru by now, but there has been radio silence from his contact on the job. We should make it back this Sunday as I am speaking in a conference

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sponxx
The way we shot the 22lr at 50m was prone, but no support. That meant only elbows and whatever else from your body contacted ground. No bags, sticks, tripod, bipods, walkers or wheelchairs... rules can be bent for those who can't bend.
1 shot at a time.
BTW Paladin was supposed to be in Peru by now, but there has been radio silence from his contact on the job. We should make it back this Sunday as I am speaking in a conference

Yup. Should'a known. Until there's a signed contract it's all fluff. And as of this afternoon it's all fluff and silence.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Ed - this thread makes me envious. Wish I could join y'all again this year.

No more than I wish that you could get to Quemado more often.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
You ain't that far from here. I'll just kidnap you and demand a ransom. We can split it. grin

Ed

That won't work, Wifey will send you repeated large sums of money to keep me. grin

That's actually pretty good as you guys will be able to party indefinitely or the honey-do jar fills up and she can't find a mesican to do the yard work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paladin
Originally Posted by Sponxx
1 shot at a time.

Yup. Should'a known. Until there's a signed contract it's all fluff. And as of this afternoon it's all fluff and silence.

Pack your stuff and meet us at Ed's. You can leave from there, if they sign. I'll drive you to DFW, so you can catch a plane, if the need arises.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by gunner500
You ain't that far from here. I'll just kidnap you and demand a ransom. We can split it. grin Ed
That won't work, Wifey will send you repeated large sums of money to keep me. grin
That's actually pretty good as you guys will be able to party indefinitely or the honey-do jar fills up and she can't find a mesican to do the yard work.

Or until my Bride decides it's time for me to go back to work...

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Pack your stuff and meet us at Ed's. You can leave from there, if they sign. I'll drive you to DFW, so you can catch a plane, if the need arises.

Tyler airport is quicker so he can stay longer. They have hops to DFW and Bush Intercontinental. grin

I DO like the way you think, Randy!

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It would be great to have David there, although it does increase the competition at every level. miles

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks guys, I like the way ALL of you think.

Just when I was unpacking to repack for East Texas, I received a Red Alert panic email from Chicken Little stating the sky is falling and I should have already been in Peru.

Fortunately and unfortunately, I won't be able to see everyone at Ed's Place (that should be the name of a cafe/bar/dance hall/shooting gallery).

As a matter of fact, I'll miss seeing Pablo as well.

Be safe, sage, sane, and have a barrel of monkey fun. And take lots of pics.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (16penny, 1234, 160user, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 1,953 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,887
Posts18,497,869
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.