Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a place for everything at work. I can tell if a tool is missing in my pouch when I pick it up. But when I'm at home it seems I can't find anything. I'm always in a fruckus to clean out my truck or jeep and I end up throwing the stuff here or there. I got so frustrated trying to gather camping gear I finally just bought a huge tote and put all of it in it so when I want to go I can just grab it and go.

Only thing I do out of habit is feed my two begals chili before I leave for an over nighter so the wife and kids can smell dog farts while I'm gone. Its almost like I never left.

You guys have a ritual to keep from getting stuff misplaced or unorganized?

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, I gathered up what was left and moved to another state. Wasn't much left to move.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My German side means a place for everything and everything in is place.

Otherwise I can lose tools on a clean bench.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

I have a terrible time keeping up with keys...whether it be my truck keys or miscellaneous keys...I even put a special key holder up at my hunting cabin... And it still never fails I get distracted by the others and still misplace the damn things....

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Welcome TruTalker. I do the same thing with keys. I have a hook above the microwave in the kitchen I unload my pockets onto but it never fails I will be about to hang my keys and one of the kids will bombard me with can I's or the phone will ring or something.

Sunglasses are doomed in my house too.

I can't keep up with what box is in what bag when I'm trying to go fishing either. Its always an hour long ordeal just to find all my tackle. I drive myself nuts.

I never lose my pocket knife though and rarely my phone or wallet.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Scott F
Yep, I gathered up what was left and moved to another state. Wasn't much left to move.

Do you leave something behind every time you move? That would explain why there isn't much left. I lose a pillow everyt time I stay in a motel cause I always bring my own and forget to pack it when I leave.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I keep things in their proper place. Sometimes, I make lists of where the more esoteric things are hiding. Most of the time, I can go right to where an item is, and retrieve it. The only fly in the ointment, is when the Wife moves things around, and does not tell me. smile

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The only fly in the ointment, is when the Wife moves things around, and does not tell me. smile

Oh the stories I could tell.......but I won't 'cause I'm skeerd.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Whenever I mis-place/lose a tool or something else,I blame the wife and kids. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Probably because like Mann and 44mag that's what did happen.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I keep things in their proper place. Sometimes, I make lists of where the more esoteric things are hiding. Most of the time, I can go right to where an item is, and retrieve it. The only fly in the ointment, is when the Wife moves things around, and does not tell me. smile

Bingo! Seems my idea of the proper place, and HER idea of a proper place, fundamentally differ............ eek

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The only fly in the ointment, is when the Wife moves things around, and does not tell me. smile

Oh the stories I could tell.......but I won't 'cause I'm skeerd.

I don't mind telling, because she never reads this site....... eek

I occasionally leave stuff out, on purpose, just to see how long before it gets "put in it's proper place". I have literally hung a jacket over a kitchen chair, went to the bathroom to piss, and come back to find it already gone & hung up in the closet........... eek

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm pretty adamant about where my tools go. My wallet, phone, keys and knife are either in my pocket, my hand, or on nightstand. Nothing else really matters....

My wife on the other hand never pays attention to any of her stuff. Car is piled deep bkeys and wallet always missing. Yet she can grab a bill from a year ago and show the cancelled check that paid it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HH, I am fairly well trained. That is only to be expected after 20+ years of connubial bliss with a 'strong woman'. laugh
That is not to say that I don't still push back though.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can be working on something on the workbench and set a tool down for a minute, then spend 5 minutes looking for the damn thing when it's lying there in full view. Makes me crazy. eek

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was fairly organized at work. At home I usually have multiple projects going on at the same time. Things look cluttered but as long as nobody messes with anything I can usually lay my hands on my tools.
When my wife worked her desk was immaculate, even before going to lunch. At home? WTF?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I know it's time to clean and organize the garage when my buddy comes over and offers condolences thinking it was broken into and ransacked. crazy I tend to move stuff from one pile to another till I can't stand it any more and organize stuff. It lasts for a few days, sometimes even a couple of weeks.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
for camping and hunting gear i started doing the same as you, totes. plus keeps the dust out of stuff in the back of the truck(gumbo clay around here is baby powder fine when dry and driven over some). open tote to double check nothings been borrowed, replace lid, toss into truck.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1234, 1lessdog, 160user, 219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 35 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,856
Posts18,517,676
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.