Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
As a knife andsword collector I want to thank the Webmaster for the sight.
<br>
<br>Let's make it fly.
<br>
<br>Norm

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Damn, goes to show the squeaky wheel gets the grease.[Linked Image]
<br>Stick and others have been requesting forums for big hooters and such and we were ignored, oh well.
<br>anyways hope this works for you and the other cutting edge folks.[Linked Image]
<br>I have mostly a collection of Kershaws and one Case and one old timer and the odd swiss army knifes, but more for use than real collecting, although the big Bowie and such that Kershaw made are too big for carrying around.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Partsman
<br>I am also a fan of Kershaw knives. I have been looking for a good knife for skinning/boning/cleaning venison. I have a great field knife but the blade is too thick to handle jobs like this. What would you recomend?
<br>Omega

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Partsman, I wasn't aware of the big hooters effort. You guys should have recruited me for your cause.
<br>
<br>I also would like to see long legs on the Forum too.
<br>
<br>I like knives and thought I take a stab [Linked Image] at getting a sight going.
<br>
<br>Norm

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Cuzzin Norm!
<br>
<br>Congrats on yer Blade forum bud!
<br>
<br>Fer my deer guttin an skinnin blade, I use a SOG Seal Pup.
<br>Handy size, very sturdy blade that stays shavin sharp even after cuttin through pelvis bone and ribcage.An when it does get a tad dull, she sharpens up right quick with jesta strop er 2 on the ol crock sticks er that little Gerber double sided slide out stone(1 side diamond dust, the other ceramic).
<br>My ever day pocket carry blade is the SOG Pentagon folder with pocket clip. Another dandy blade that's big nuff fer lotsa chores but handy and small enuff fer yer pocket.
<br>Ya can't beat those SOG knives.
<br>
<br>CuzzinMitch.
<br>

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got an in on SOG, if'n you take a hankerin' to 'em.
<br>
<br>Man, it's contagious!!!
<br>
<br>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Let's see, I have a K-Bar that says USMC on it I traded a Gyrene out of in Nam, a Normark skinner I've had for about 30 years that does all I ever ask in the field, then there is the Colt Cobra CT-49 non serrated folder I carry daily, a couple of Grandads old Case XX switch blades and misc. gimmie advertising knives and 2 Swiss Army Knives and last but not least, a Gerber marked Portland, OR gentelmans pocket knife with wood scales.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Mitch,
<br>
<br>Thanks for the comment. I hope we can keep enough interest in the sight to warrant the Webmaster letting it live.
<br>
<br>My day to day carry is a Spyderco Endura full serrated blade. Except when I travel into Michigan (and any state I'm not sure about) then I carry my Spyderco Delica also fully serrated but with blade under 3".
<br>
<br>The second knife will usually be CRKT Military. I don't cut much with it but like its looks and feel. I also like how fast I can get it open.
<br>
<br>I also usually have a Gerber second generation Paul knife. I don't do much more than open letters with it. I just like the way it operates and the way its made.
<br>
<br>For sharpening I use crock sticks with rough and finish sticks and rough and finish angle holes. The serrations eventually pick up a little burr on one side and I hand hold a crock stick and remove the burr.
<br>
<br>As an old law man I never leave home without a serrated blade. They make short work of seatbelts where a straight edge takes a little longer.
<br>
<br>Norm

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Rick,
<br>
<br>I have one each large and small SOB Jet Edge in my colletion. I'd like to get another large for carrying.
<br>
<br>Can you help?
<br>
<br>Thanks,
<br>
<br>Norm

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Deputy Norm and Partsman:
<br>
<br>It is no wonder that y'all didn't get a hooters forum, you didn't pass the test......try again. (Warning visible hooters ahead, if this offends you, don't click the link)
<br>
<br>http://www.ratedtoons.com/flash/Silicon_Challenge.cfm
<br>
<br>

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
If It . . . .
<br>
<br>Thanks!!! I don't offend easily. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Talk about timing, I just clicked up the sight and my wife walked in to my den. I guess the Big Screen computer does have its drawbacks. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>She said they were all silicon or young!
<br>
<br>Norm

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You have to hit the go button and decide on each of 20 examples. Tough test, but someone has to be up to it. LOL

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm a Natural! right after a Hefner. LOL

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Cuzzin IIFID,
<br>
<br>Hey bud, thanks a whole bunch there!
<br>Ya really can't offend me when it comes ta the subject a hooters an women, so's I clicked on yer dealie bob there and
<br>POOF! I got told that I done an "Illegal Operation" and out went the lights!
<br>I'm at work now and apparently they got's some sorta "block" er sumpin when an employee tries ta visit 1 a "those" places.
<br>The internet/morals police will be on my sorry tail now thanks ta you cuzzin!(grin!)
<br>I can only imagine, but I bet it was a good'un.
<br>Oh well.
<br>
<br>Yer buddy, Mitch.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
why do women think we care if they are silicon? lol tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Norm:
<br>
<br>Is this your knife:
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>If so, I can get it, but I have to order it. They retail for $150. How about $119?
<br>
<br>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Rick, I want it. Do I send you a check or do you do plastic?
<br>
<br>Thanks,
<br>
<br>Norm

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let me order it, and when it comes in we can do plastic, check, whatever. I want to see how long it will take my supplier to get this one. They have all kinds of SOG knives in stock, ready for delivery, but not the JetEdge.
<br>
<br>Rick
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Rick,
<br>
<br>OK but when you get it don't touch it or even look at it.
<br>It is difficult to understand what a knife the JetEdge is until you get ahold of one.
<br>
<br>Thanks,
<br>
<br>Norm

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
A big thanks to Deputy Norm and the Webmaster for their efforts to get this forum. By the way, the posters here so far seem like a real classy bunch of people (except for maybe myself, but I was raised by a pack of coyotes so I've done pretty good).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 1,738 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,124
Posts18,523,002
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.