Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 31 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Leonard, the turkey sausage and ham will be fine. Knob Creek will certainly soothe what ails you, or kill you in the process. laugh

Gene, thanks for bringing the chairs. We will drag out every one we have, too.

See you guys Friday!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Texczech
We're going to bring 2 ea 5 lb bags of cheese, sour cream, 6 loaves of bread, 3 lb can of refried beans, flour and corn tortillas (will try to find gluten free,) 2 heads of lettuce, 5 lbs of onions, potato salad, a passel of kids and a couple of desserts. If there's anything else we need to bring, just let us know. We're excited about coming. Kevin As far as the kids shoot goes, our boys shoot out to 75 yards with a scoped 22. They'd have fun with anything from 25 to 100 yards. We have some swinging targets that they shoot at, and they also like to shoot 20 oz coke bottles.

Kevin, that is very generous of you! We can shoot from point-blank range out to 400 yards, so the kids should be challenged. grin

BTW, when do you think you'll get here"

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 04/19/15.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter
if i can get there it will be Friday night. i have to see how thing play out.

Hope so, Roger! We'll leave the light on for you. wink

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
It's not looking good for me to be there. I've had something come up that will prevent me from traveling. I'll keep you posted if it changes but as of now, I can't come.
Dammit.

Well, Dammit, I hope it clears up in time for you to come!

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
yes, Friday at noon smile

vintage military rifles...hmmm hope that includes a Mk12, since I just bought iron sights for it smirk

I'll be aiming for about that same time.

I'll bring as many folding chairs as I can round up. They were kinda at a premium last year.

I've got about 10 metal folding chairs that I will bring.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Ed
We plan on leaving as soon the kids get out of school. Should be there about 5:30 friday, plan on staying the whole weekend. I have found gluten free corn tortillas. Did you want gluten free flour also?
We also have 6 or 8 chairs we can bring

Last edited by Texczech; 04/19/15.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Kevin, just regular flour tortillas will be great. We'll see you here!

Ed

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
See yall Friday. Hopefully the rain will pass us by.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
yes, Friday at noon smile vintage military rifles...hmmm hope that includes a Mk12, since I just bought iron sights for it smirk

Define "vintage"? Is that a Daniels Defense Mk12 by any chance? I looked at the specs when they first came out. Should be a sweet rifle!

Ed

Yeah, it's a DD MK12. I shot it some today wit the new tipped 77 Matchkings and it did fine with a scope at 200 yards. Not so much with the iron sights smile But it did dawn on me that I have a SMLE No4 Mk I and I might just use it in the vintage mil rifle shoot. smile

The hoot of the day was putting new NECG sights on the .458 #1. Then tried a brand new 500gr load. I put 4 into a 6 inch circle offhand at 50 yards, and decided to quit while I was ahead. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ed, I need to amend our attendance. The wife has run off to Branson with one of her girl friends so it will be just me attending. I have never been to one of your outing and am looking forward to it. Daniel BTW I will be there on Saturday.

Last edited by DLALLDER; 04/19/15.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by curdog4570
yes, Friday at noon smile

vintage military rifles...hmmm hope that includes a Mk12, since I just bought iron sights for it smirk

I'll be aiming for about that same time.

I'll bring as many folding chairs as I can round up. They were kinda at a premium last year.

I've got about 10 metal folding chairs that I will bring.

We can sit in yours and use mine for 300 yard targets.

Yours will get broke.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Daniel,
I'm sorry to hear that your wife won't be coming, but you're still welcome. grin

Come as early as you can and stay as long as you want.

Ed

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
"ED too many letters-too many hidden roads" we made it back from Peru yesterday. Everyone is exhausted, but still planning on being there at some point Friday afternoon/evening. Will call and let you know about dinner as it is likely we'll need to feed the kids somewhere along the way depending on departure time. Kids finish school at 2.30 and have already missed plenty this year with the trips to Peru.

I missed a lot of the posts, but we are planning on bringing Pisco (for pisco sour or pure consumption), marshmellows, tortillas, and if yime allows Adriana may be able to prepare some gluten-free dessert.

I am bubba-ing a better fitting buttstock for my shotty, so I am up for some clay shooting, and may even hit them. Doesn';t need to be a competition, (but it always is!)

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Pablo, I'm glad you are back home safe and sound. International travel always wears me out, too.
Thanks for bringing the goodies. grin
Looking forward to seeing you again!

Ed

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ed, thanks a lot for the invite, Tent repair tackle should be here soon.
Regarding the .22LR Stalingrad shoot, guns don't need to be single shot, as long as only 1 shot is loaded at a time...
I'll look for some biodegradable clays, what kind of launcher do you have? or will Miles be demonstrating olympic disc throwing?

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Walmart here has started carrying the biodegradable White Flyer clays, $9 per case.
Randy (Oldman03) is bringing his launcher as Miles is semi-retired from throwing clays. Something about folks not waiting for him to throw before they started shooting... eek

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 04/20/15. Reason: damned "s" key not working

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I have one of those hand throwers here somewhere. Someone else will have to use it , I got a bad back. I am also lazy. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
miles
At least you are being honest.
P.S. Have a good time and get there and back safely.
Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No clue if I'll hit anything with my .22, since I haven't been able to shoot it since last summer. Oh well. I'll take a whirl with it.

Since I found my SMLE I'll relegate the Mk12 to a fun backup duty. Although other folks are welcome to try it for fun.

I'll try to bring a shotgun. Not sure yet what flavor.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just so everyone will know...

All this shooting at stationary targets is fine and good, but... we gonna try shooting moving targets, too!

We will be shooting clays, with shotguns. No rifles/pistols allowed, safety first. Now I know some of you can hit the targets with rifles/pistols whistle, but shooting in the air with these isn't good.

Any shotgun, any gauge, any load! cool

Kids love shooting clays, so if anyone has any light-load 20 ga. shells, that the kids can shoot up, bring them. I'm bringing 2 20 ga. shotguns the kids can use.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Page 27 of 31 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

220 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 28 invisible), 2,021 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,197
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.