Campfire Regular
W

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Considering how much traffic is on I80, I am amazed there is not more accidents. Fog, Blowing snow, high winds,create conditions for bad accidents.

W
wyoelk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Looking at newest pictures and this one is going to make last weeks mess look tame. 16 via ambulance to hospital for critical. Two bus loads for less critical.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dayum! But idiots drive vehicles of all sizes. Watched a very near miss Saturday in the rain on I25. Dumb driver decided to turn into the median cross over from the driving lane without looking.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Unbelievable. Another closure between Laramie and Cheyenne too.

You don't get far in dangerous trades by hoping for luck.

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That stretch of highway must the center of the universe for lousy drivers shocked . I've driven I80 a few times, it's not as steep and curvy as the passes on I90 over the mountains, I90 never has big multi vehicle wrecks and the amount of traffic seems similar.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can bash big rig drivers all you want, but when my ex jack knifed our pickup and trailer outside of Rawlins, two professional drivers immediately used their rigs to block us from getting hit, and used the CB to get traffic to slow down and first responders to the scene. All the four-wheelers did was stare, mouth agape, as they drove by.

Those professionals very well could be the reason my daughter and I are alive today.

Some of those stretches get black ice, and you're on it before you know it. Just because the big guys are in it, doesn't mean they caused the snafu to begin with..........

Sic Semper Tyrannis
W
wyoelk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
Unbelievable. Another closure between Laramie and Cheyenne too.

You don't get far in dangerous trades by hoping for luck.

That's just a rolling closure to Cheyenne. Once Laramie is full, they will close Cheyenne. Once the cheyenne is full, they will close at Pine and so on.

W
wyoelk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Spare me your drama. I drive these roads multiple times a week. I know exactly who is responsible for the majority of the crashes I see. Would you like to see video of last weeks pro driver rally? You can see truck after truck after truck running full speed into each other.

There are many professional drivers on the road. These azz clowns today and last week are not in that group.

Slow the fug down and drive the proper speed for the conditions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wyoelk
Spare me your drama. I drive these roads multiple times a week. I know exactly who is responsible for the majority of the crashes I see. Would you like to see video of last weeks pro driver rally? You can see truck after truck after truck running full speed into each other.

There are many professional drivers on the road. These azz clowns today and last week are not in that group.

What drama? Thanks to pros, there really wasn't any. I used to drive that stretch every week, and there would be 50 four wheelers off the road for every CDL rig in trouble.

This time of year, there's a lot of drivers, four wheel and 18 wheel, that are on the road in snow country that wouldn't dare be there in the winter.

But it's a lot easier to blame "those guys", even when the facts don't support it. The stats are that in 81% of accidents involving big rigs and four wheelers, the four wheeler is at fault (University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute).

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by wyoelk

What drama? Thanks to pros, there really wasn't any. I used to drive that stretch every week, and there would be 50 four wheelers off the road for every CDL rig in trouble.

This time of year, there's a lot of drivers, four wheel and 18 wheel, that are on the road in snow country that wouldn't dare be there in the winter.

But it's a lot easier to blame "those guys", even when the facts don't support it. The stats are that in 81% of accidents involving big rigs and four wheelers, the four wheeler is at fault (University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute).

You must have encountered English speaking drivers....

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Your reading a lot into that story and making a lot of conclusions about professional drivers with nothing to back it up. The majority of Truck/Semi accidents are due to idiot locals or citizens that think they know the roads inside out...

Phil

W
wyoelk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Not reading anything into story. I can look at the pics and video and make a fair observation. You explain all them trucks piled into one big fireball of a mess. Driving too fast for the conditions. End of story

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Your reading a lot into that story and making a lot of conclusions about professional drivers with nothing to back it up. The majority of Truck/Semi accidents are due to idiot locals or citizens that think they know the roads inside out...

Phil

But these wrecks aren't. That's the whole point. If you've ever lived in Wyoming and have driven the I-80 corridor in wintertime (border to border) then you dudes would know this firsthand. The truckers are the problem ones there.

What part of the vid (it says it all) and the photos are you not getting??

These threads are specific to the Wyoming I-80 corridor.......not fawkin' Texas or Florida.

Maybe their traffic citations, damaged reputation/terminations with their companies, injuries, hospital bills, loss of pay will teach those jaackoffs to SLOW DOWN and care for others on this stretch of wintertime Interstate that is notorious all over this country and has been for decades for these exact types of disasters.

Last edited by SBH; 04/20/15.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Photos are after the fact and don't show what caused the accident. Accident happened in "HEAVY FOG", and when you're on ice and come out of something like that with no where to go, and breaking just causes you to slide. Most times there's nothing to see until your right on top of it.

Probably there wasn't even time for anyone to get on the radio to announce it.

Only safe bet when going into something like that is to slow way down and get off the road when safe. And that might have been what caused the accident...

Thing is you don't know, Period!

Here's one on I-80, and no fog...

Link

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It was Obama's fault wink

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Probably!

Phil

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Agree with some of your post (slow way down and get off the road when possible). However, not sure fog is a common perpetrator in that country as I've driven thru quite a number of whiteouts (blowing, heavy snow........powder being the worst) versus fog in WY/MT/CO/NV.

Here's the vid one more time..........and there is noooo doubt who was driving waaayy too fast for conditions. I personally think the FedEx driver wins the blue ribbon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IxlvxvG8zOE

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Phil that stretch of road is notorious for bad weather and wrecks. As much as one would like to blame it on a car a lot of the trucks on I-80 drive like maniacs and the truck traffic is very heavy. Trucks account for much of the traffic on I-80 as it is the main artery from the west coast to the northeast United States. If it gets shut down it equates to millions of dollars per hour in lost commerce. The states east coast and west cry when it gets shut down due to weather. There have been numerous suggestions on how to improve traffic flow ...adding another lane each way, rail assist, you name it. Problem is funding and right of way acquisition. Lot of road and bridges to modify and build to do it.

I quit driving on I-80 years ago due to truck traffic. In addition the non English speaking/reading drivers has increased. Until recently WHP could put a non-English speaking driver out of service but now they can only write a citation. I watched an interpreter in the Driver Services office once help a non-English speaking applicant pass the written test. WTF? If you can't read signs HTF will you know what they say?

Point is the trucks are the problem on I-80 and I wouldn't argue with someone who drives on it daily in WY when you line in CA.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
What you see from the side of the road isn't what you see from the cab of a semi...

Phil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

709 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 3,271 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,308
Posts18,526,148
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.