Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This is one forum that I just couldn't keep from creating, folks. It came down to choosing between a clear invitation to Jesus Christ to be at the Campfire, or not.
<br>
<br>He's in (whether I say so or not, I know).
<br>
<br>I am pretty much a sinner, not much of a bible thumper, and just can't feel comfortable with "Christianese," which is saying something since I'm married to a Charismatic Pentecostal Protestant. My family and I attend Catholic Mass almost every weekend, and my wife attends her services Sunday mornings to boot. My kids are being raised Catholic. So that tells you a bit about me and mine.
<br>
<br>I will go on the record as saying that what we have here in the 24hourcampfire is purely the result of God's hand in my and my family's life in a series of events that left no doubt.
<br>
<br>And, so He gets the top of the heap.
<br>
<br>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you Rick!
<br>
<br>I too am a practicing Roman Catholic as is my wife and our children, we go to Mass every Sunday and try to do a task of the Lords work every day in what ever manner presents. I do not believe we need to beat each other over the head about our particular "Brand" of religion or lack of.
<br>
<br>I am glad you gave Him, His own place here. We need to keep Him and His teachings in our heart, not wear it on our sleeve. Do as He teaches and live by the rules (Ten Commandments).
<br>
<br>

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick,
<br>Another Roman Catholic here, from Catholic school for myself, wife, and even my kids. Don't usually evangelize much and will admit to not knowing my bible as well as I should but give credit every day to The One who makes it all possible to even be here to enjoy friends and discussions about all the great things we all enjoy because of His bounty.
<br>
<br>Sheister
<br>
<br>

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mr. Rick,
<br>
<br>Good goin bud!
<br>But don't look now, I'm surrounded by Catholics!!
<br>(big grin!)
<br>
<br>I believe in God an Jesus. An I believe Jesus died fer my sins.
<br>I pray most ever day.
<br>I don't go to an organized church or service a any kind.
<br>My church is the woods and the world I live in.
<br>
<br>Probably won't visit this part too much, but I is TRUELY happy fer all ya fellas that will.
<br>Congrats ta all!
<br>
<br>CuzzinMitch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A big "ATTA BOY RICK" coming your way! If we His children keep quite, the rocks will cry out! (Read that somewhere [Linked Image])
<br>
<br>I'm not Catholic, I'm just a sinner who trust in the blood of Christ for my salvation. What else can I say?
<br>7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Rick,
<br>
<br>Thanks for creating this forum, I look forward to putting it on my favorites list. I first came to this sight looking for hunting - rifle - reloading - ect. info and have been impressed with the quality of outdoorsman that contribute to it daily. I may not post a lot on this forum but I will definitely visit it and learn from it often. I tend to keep my religion mostly to myself, right or wrong.
<br>
<br>I've been a practicing Roman Catholic for 19 years ( since marrying my wonderful wife ). I was raised a Protestant but decided that it was important to attend church as a family. I may not always agree 100 percent with the way things are done in the Church but I'm growing to apprecitate it more every year.
<br>
<br>Jeff

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I may be the lone Russian Orthodox here. I was raised exposed to a mixture of Christian, and semi-Christian religions, as my parents were "searching"
<br>
<br>I met my beloved bride who is Orthodox, was married in the Church, and converted there after.
<br>
<br>Acknowledging my sinful nature, and ignorance of the Church, I have a real hard time preaching to folks. I try as best I can, not really good enough in my mind, but it is a journey.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
and yet another Roman Catholic.
<br> tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
D
D
My name is Tom and I am a christian saved by the Grace of our lord Jesus Christ!!
<br>
<br>
<br>THANK YOU for this forum

D
D
Just as second point, I try my best not "preach", but The workings of God in my life have been so completely miraculous, and His love so unbelievable that I just want to tell every one I can about how blessed I am. I guess I am sorta bragging a little.

IC B3

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick,
<br>
<br>Thanks! I am a "Biblical Christian," for lack of a better term. Currently attending an Evangelical Free Chruch, grew up Open Bible/Assembly of God. Have known Jesus as my savior since age 7, and I am now 42. I really don't have my act together as well as I should for someone who has walked with the Lord that long. That is neither a brag or a sob, just a fact.
<br>
<br>Hopefully here, there will be no more whining about talking about religion, the Bible, Christianity, etc.
<br>
<br>Blaine

Lin Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am witness to the greatness of GOD, the love of JESUS, and the profound effect of the HOLY SPIRIT.
<br>
<br>I am glad to openly share a campfire with all of you and Him.
<br>
<br>God bless us all!!! PorkyPooh

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
May GOD bless, feed and keep this campfire for all the believers passing through this part of the woods. He has surely blessed each and everyone here. May those that don't know his grace find peace and tranqulity here just as a real campfire in GODS country. Amen

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Hi Rick!
<br>
<br>I'm Qtip and I'm a Christian. I go to a Pentacostal church and like our pastor, I believe that denominations don't get us to heaven, faith in Jesus Christ does. We are all "parts" of the
<br>same body.
<br>Thank God this forum started and may He indeed bless it!
<br>
<br>Qtip
<br>
<br>Soli deo gloria

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amen!!
<br>
<br>I'm just another sinner saved by grace who's glad for mercy and not justice!
<br>
<br>
<br>.458 My Aunt and Uncle are Russian Orthodox does that count?
<br>
<br>Mike
<br>
<br>
<br>

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow,there sure are a lot of Catholics here![Linked Image]
<br>
<br>I'm a Christian who is a member of a small country Southern Baptist Church. Got saved at the age of 17 in Canton,Texas at a revival. I went there looking for girls and found the lord.
<br>I'm 44 now and active in the Church. I'm the older youth Sunday School Teacher(scary thought ain't it), a Deacon and proud to be called a Christian.
<br>
<br>Hope we can have some good useful threads here.

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Rick and the Rest of You Believers:
<br>
<br>I'm a Holy Roller, and I love all of you fellow believers. Since true believers are in all of God's true fragmented Church, and there will be Roman Catholics and "Protestants" in heaven, we can really show God's love by getting along and sharing His love here.
<br>
<br>What better testimony can we have than to recognize that The Reformation happened and much non-Christian hatred happened, but that we can show Christ to a dying world bound for hell unless there is repentence. We can deal with our differences in love and show the world that there is a true unity among all believers.
<br>
<br>God bless you all.
<br>
<br> Kaibab

Last edited by Kaibab; 10/09/02.
red Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Wow The last Christian fellowship internet forum I wandered into was decidedly anti - Catholic.
<br>
<br>I differ from most American Catholics. I still like the Latin Mass.
<br>
<br>red

The safest way to make laws respected is to make them respectable.

Bastiat
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Count me in as a public follower. I'm a long way from doing anything right, but I want to belong to Him.
<br>
<br>"Confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that God raised the Lord Jesus from the dead and you will be saved." - Book of Romans chapter 10, verse 9.
<br>
<br>"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." - from Psalm 37, verse 4.
<br>
<br>I'm sure that they are both true. Nuff said.
<br>
<br>

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God every time I remember you.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (2ndwind, 280rem_cm, 270wsmnutt, 300jimmy, 345dl, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,154
Posts18,523,401
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.