Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Pick up 20,000 rounds tomorrow...

That should be ~150 pounds.

[Linked Image]

And ~$1,000 before 2012

And ~$3,000 today

He limits me to what his wife's car will carry and not overload it...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My LGS here in upstate NY is well stocked and has been for the past few months. I picked up two more 525 rd. bulk packs of Federal Champions and 200 rds. of Yellow Jackets just yesterday. The shelves were packed with Mini-Mags, CCI std. velocity, American eagle, Winchester subsonic HP's, Rem. Subsonic, Aguila super xtra and Both Rem. and Win. high velocity shorts.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I havent tabulated it, but it seems like posters from more coastal areas have better supply than the midwest.

I dont find 22 ammo in the twin cities metro or any out state reatilers including the small town hardware store.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Funny how that works. None to be found on the shelves here. The retired hoarders are still scarfing it up.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Still very little in stock here. Cabela's had some last week, only Norma at $8 per 50 in cartons for $80. Cabela's also had some Federal 40 grain HV for $3.50 per box, but only in boxes of 50 rounds, limit of two boxes per customer. None at any of the Wal-Marts, Bass Pro, or Scheel's. Pawn shops have some at $10 per box.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

I didn't need any of it, and apparently nobody else did either while I was in any of the shops. Was just wondering if this was happening elsewhere.

Last weekend I was in the Christiana Cabelas and the 22LR supply was low. Tried to get 10 boxes
of Federal but the check-out lady said Cabelas had a 2 box limit. Damn I hate this BS. mad

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
.22 ammo supply is still abysmal. Allegedly, it is not connected to Obama's Presidency. In spite of that, it started with his election, and continues through his Presidency - for YEARS. Somehow, some way - he is the catalyst for it. It is just ridiculous that you cannot just walk into a tore and pick the .22 ammo you want. Heck - I bet there are people shooting now, that do not remember that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was at Cabela's today and saw that they had some tubs of Remington, plus some 200 round boxes of 22LR and 22Mag CCI. The last time that I bought some Remington 22 LR, I paid $12+/- for 225 count boxes at Wal-Mart.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Haven't seen any at the local Walmart in years now.

Seems the buckets of Remington are all I see anywhere. And those bullets suck.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Haven't tried the tubs of Rem. HP, but just shot a 525 pack at gophers this spring with out a misfire.. Accuracy was decent for bulk ammo.. I have never had a problem with this ammo, but WW 333 packs are something else.. Last one I had I dumped most of it down a prairie dog hole..

Molon Labe
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Last edited by TAGLARRY; 04/18/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only 22LR I've seen at our local Walmart in the past year or so, was some Rem. 225 packs several months ago. They lasted about a half hour, at one box per customer.

The clerk decided they were bulk packs, so the "three boxes per customer" rule didn't apply.

"New and Improved" Golden Bullet variety. Will say they aren't as gooey as I recall them being years ago? Haven't burned any of 'em up yet.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was at the Syracuse Gun Show Saturday and I saw a few dealers with bricks/bulk packs of .22 LR. The going price was around $40 for Thunderbolts and $60 for CCI Standard Velocity. I bought 1 500 bulk pack of Thunderbolts for $40. I asked the dealer if he thought the supply was starting to loosen up any. He told me that if he wanted to buy .22's he had to order enough of other things to have enough "points" to get some .22's.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yesterday Cabelas (in Buffalo) had boxes of 300 CCI mini Mag,
And 325's of Federals AutoMatch.

They had about 20 to 30 boxes of each on the shelf..

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still not seen anything from our traditional makers for about 4 years now. I'm 130 miles from the big box stores though and can/will not do the stand at the door on Thursday morning thing. Even then, I'd refuse to do the 30 or $40 a brick trick too. Thankfully, I have a couple cases left from my 2008 pre-election purchase. That middle America "guns and religion" campaign comment was more than enough for me to immediately stress the checkbook.

Anyone know how folks on other continents are doing? Europe, Africa, South America, Asia? How about the Canadians?

Last edited by 1minute; 04/22/15.

1Minute
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I was at the Syracuse Gun Show Saturday and I saw a few dealers with bricks/bulk packs of .22 LR. The going price was around $40 for Thunderbolts and $60 for CCI Standard Velocity. I bought 1 500 bulk pack of Thunderbolts for $40. I asked the dealer if he thought the supply was starting to loosen up any. He told me that if he wanted to buy .22's he had to order enough of other things to have enough "points" to get some .22's.
The Court street Dick's in Binghamton NY has had bricks of Thunderbolts for 25.00 frequently since Christmas. They've also had 325 packs of Federal auto match for 19.99 almost every week. I picked up two 525 rd. bulk packs of Federal Champions at Gifford's sport shop in Walton NY for 27.95 each last week. I was at the Syracuse show last weekend and the .22 prices were nothing but highway robbery.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've given up on the LGS, save one, for rimfire ammo since the shortage began. Bought a case of CCI SV a couple months ago after convincing them I was not buying them to resell...They have been receiving good supplies of .17 HMR and .22 LR ammo for several months, more so recently. They also sell them on Internet auctions at crazy $....

I have been buying higher grade stuff in case lots at current wholesale prices from online dealers who specialize in supplying target shooters for the past several months...

Plinking ammo is still difficult to find in my area, selling out almost the day it hits the shelves...I've boycotted the dealers who limit quantities and/or jack prices and will continue to do so....Midway, Walmart and their ilk can stuff it....

Life's too short to smoke cheap cigars....
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to start my own vending business with a very desirable product. This is going to be huge! grin

[Linked Image]

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 1minute

Anyone know how folks on other continents are doing? Europe, Africa, South America, Asia? How about the Canadians?

My friends & suppliers in Germany tell me Europe has more rimfire ammo than it needs. They have sales on it. I asked what kind and they said plenty of European makers and even US, (CCI etc.) I checked with a couple suppliers on exporting some CCI to the US. They had all I wanted. The shipping would put my delivered cost @ $45 a brick. But I went ahead and got a permit for 300,000 rounds. That was when most anything that would shoot was bringing 75-100 bucks from the scalpers. But now things seem to be easing up, here, so I've held off. Don't want to be stuck with that much ammo at 15$ above the "normal" price.
To answer your question they don't have the hysterical hoarders and cannibals we have in the US and their supply of RF ammo is just fine.
I urge everyone to remember who stuck it to you during the shortage and never do business with them again, once the hysteria is over.

Greg
"An abundance of information can exacerbate ignorance if the information is of poor quality" Tom Robbins
http://classicsportingguns.com/
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nothing at Walmart here yet, but FOR THE FIRST TIME in years I entered Cabela's and found stacks and stacks of the good CCI High Velocity 100 packs in both solids and hollowpoints available.

Still one per customer, but the supply was huge, so that bodes well for the future.

They also had a lot of the standard velocity odds and ends they usually have and some bulk Remington ThunderDUDS.

Of course the demand may just continue to far exceed the supply and then we'll still have problems......but this does look better for now.

The Tea Party Movement is pretty much the same as a bowel movement except that it smells worse and has far less in the way of intelligent content.
--DancesWithGuns
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 57 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,308
Posts18,487,182
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.