Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by RWE
Good reporting or editing here:

The other two spoke after they were caught to Channel 9 as they sat on the ground in front of the store in handcuffs.

“Were you guys involved in some kind of robbery?” reporter Dave Faherty asked one of the two arrested.

We took a chainsaw, man that worked in the store come out and shot him. It was an unjustified shooting,” the man said.

He said they didn’t take a chainsaw.

Did he say they took it or not?

Geez, can't even get facts anymore. Must be a campfire member.

Anyway, its Taylorsville, and these guys are thieves. If the national media stays out of it, the whole thing will go away...

2 perps interviewed by tv crew.

One admitted, "we took a saw.."

Ask the other, "so you were stealing a saw?". He responded, "no i didn't steal anything.." or something to that effect.

Yeah, I just finished the whole video.

When one of the guys was asked, "Did you take the saw?" he responded, "It was an unjustified shooting."

Direct questions must hurt.

But not as much as a bullet...

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bet that store has street cred now with other thieves.
Word gets out quick amongst the community.

Sean
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogzapper

We always had a "loaner gun" in my jewelry store. The handgun was absolutely clean and it was to be used in case I shot a holdup guy who appeared to be armed, but wasn't.

Hey, it's nice to loan firearms grin

Really? That sounds like a plan to obstruct justice. A person called to testify about the incident under oath, who actually pulled such a stunt, would have to take the 5th, admit to obstruction of justice, or try to cover it up with perjury. None are good options. I ordinarily would totally ignore this, but, somewhere there is someone who may now think this is a good idea.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We always had a "loaner gun" in my jewelry store. The handgun was absolutely clean and it was to be used in case I shot a holdup guy who appeared to be armed, but wasn't.

Our local police chief also advised me to never leave a holdup guy alive. If they are wounded, they can sue you ... dead men tall no tales.
You really ought to consult an attorney before taking that kind of advice. Anyone who is killed will have a family who can sue you for a wrongful death suit. The whole kill them so they can't sue you is a horrible wives tale.

And the drop gun...You'd better be very lucky. If you get caught, YOU are going to prison. However, if you shoot someone who is unarmed, but you had a reasonable reason to fear for your life or the life of someone near you, then you should do well in court. A drop gun is a HUGE risk to take...and a rather dumb one IMO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotload

While I wish it was not true ... you can NOT shoot someone for theft. He is in more trouble than the guy with the chainsaw.
In some states you can employ lethal force to protect property, the laws on lethal force vary from state to state; it's a good idea to know your state's laws.

But then here's the thing. Let's say that was a $1,000.00 chain saw. Hell, let's say it was a $10,000.00 chain saw. Was it worth it?

You'll have to hire an attorney, and that $10,000.00 almost covers the RETAINER.

And in the states where you can employ lethal force to protect property, often there is no protection from civil suit for doing so...so it's just not worth it.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
sure there are the legal aspects. They don't jive with WHAT should be legal though. Thats the sad part.

500 buck saw or 10,000 buck saw, you steal it, you should be risking your neck...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Really? That sounds like a plan to obstruct justice. A person called to testify about the incident under oath, who actually pulled such a stunt, would have to take the 5th, admit to obstruction of justice, or try to cover it up with perjury. None are good options. I ordinarily would totally ignore this, but, somewhere there is someone who may now think this is a good idea.

a different time, in a different America.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ah yes, that simpler time when people thought they knew a good lie from a bad one and people respected a police chief who advocated murder to avoid inconvenience. The kind of times many people on the Fire refer to as the good old days.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RWE

“Were you guys involved in some kind of robbery?” reporter Dave Faherty asked one of the two arrested.

"Are you a lawyer?"

"No, I said. I'm a reporter."

"Is this going to be on TV?"

"Yep."

"Cool. I stole a chainsaw."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell me if I am wrong. I always thought if you were involved in a crime and someone was killed, you could be charge with the killing even if you were one of the criminals?? Cheers NC

Last edited by northcountry; 04/24/15.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What a terrifyingly hard azz group here...I don't suggest you put you philosophy into action should someone attempt to carry away your property.
You may find buttpain in your futuer. As THE LAW doesnt allow for indiscriminate executions for theft.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northcountry
Tell me if I am wrong. I always thought if you were involved in a crime and someone was killed, you could be charge with the killing even if you were one of the criminals?? Cheers NC

If one of the perps kills someone they can all be charged

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
as a kid my dad told me a story about stealing in the very early part of the 19th century. A chinese baker had a business supplying things to the railroaders putting the track through northern arizona. This was just west of williams. He would often put hot pies on a shelf sticking out from the side of his shack.
Kids thought it was neat to steal them. One day he was waiting for them as a kid put his arm in there to steal the pie. The chinaman cut his arm off with a meat cleaver.
Nothing was done to the chinaman for this, as he was considered in the right. Times have changed.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It should be 'lawful' to shoot a thief.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Just watched the video. Everyone's white.

Surprised its got this amount of media.

I remember when Nergos were the only ones that used chainsaws..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingfisher
Criminals always claim to be the victim, white or black. I say play stupid games, suffer the consequences. What acceptable in society anymore is sad. Now when someone commits a crime, it take's a long rap sheet before they are recognized as a problem. Otherwise mommy says little Johnny was always such a good kid and don't believe he did anything wrong.

Yep

Cry me a river..."lost a good friend over a chainsaw"...
Nope...had a dirty thief shot for stealing repeatedly, stinking low lifes. mad

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm guessing no one has enough forethought to grasp why shooting a "thief" could go sideways?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It should be 'lawful' to shoot a thief.

That's right.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Think carefully about answering this please ... your answer may dictate whether I continue to participate here at the 24HCF or not, not that anyone gives a sh1t. And, truly, not that I personally give a sh1t.

Let's consider the scene. Milwaukie, Oregon has about a 1% black population and a 14 year-old black gang member is standing in my store with a shotgun pointed at my chest, demanding all of my money and all of my jewelry. And I am not supposed to kill the black sonofabitch if I can????

Surely, you must think I am a coward and I have not killed men before.

Consider the following; I have worked literally all of my life to accumulate a couple of thousand bucks and a little gold. Should I allow this 14-year old black puke take away thirty years of my hard work and sweat???

Right, wrong ... legal or not ... moral or immoral ... any right-thinking person is going to press the trigger and send the alleged felon sonofabitch straight to HELL.

And that's just the way it is.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I have long been tired of all the white trash and their doings. I'm glad the store owner went after the piece of garbage.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

383 members (01Foreman400, 2alphas2, 2500HD, 160user, 3333vl, 257 mag, 40 invisible), 2,124 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,501
Posts18,472,222
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.