Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#9813468 04/25/15
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Talk about a real [bleep] show 3 moose completely gone to waste.
http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=260920&page=3

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There was a post about this outfitter in '13 titled 2014 Moose and Sheep Hunts. Interesting to see that this pops up. Bad situation.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's insane. The operation should be put out business. What area does he hunt out of?

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bearstalker
That's insane. The operation should be put out business. What area does he hunt out of?

That's what I'm trying to figure out where at in the Alaska range, apparently they fly out of Wasilla...

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He guides in Unit 19, subunits 10 and 12. here is auseful lini from ADF&G on guiding areas;
http://commerce.state.ak.us/occ/apps/GuiUseReg.cfm

He is one of the reasons the sheep hunting has become very difficult there...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sitka Deer is he the one who is dumping all those guys in the wrangells?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, I do not think so. He is in 19 way West of the Wrangells.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Oh ok cause you mentioned subunits 11 and 12... Whats [bleep] up these guides go in one area shoot the [bleep] out of the moose once shot out move into other units. Sometimes I wish the state had a nonresident cap in all units to prevent this type of stuff..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have similar problems with guides here in B.C. it is time to massively change the whole system and shut them down. Yes there are some good outfitters but they are becoming fewer all the time. Having a draw system for non residents would help but the big thing that needs to be done right away is a zero tolerance policy for the guides, one infraction and you are done, no more second chances.

Gerry.
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
GerryGoat I agree but the guides up in AK for some reason wield a lot of power again some good ones but its ones like this one that ruin an area for years. In unit 13 there was a guide who shot an area out for sheep. Now that same guide has moved onto different area of the state I think he has hung his hat in unit 12 now.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S
GerryGoat I agree but the guides up in AK for some reason wield a lot of power again some good ones....

Exactly the same situation here to the point where they are writing the rules for the government. It needs to change and it will in due time.....

Gerry.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Maybe limit what the guides can take in each area is just the same as limiting NR tags.

Doesn't bother me one way or another as a NR at this time, I"ll hunt or fish whatever we can whatever year we can, but its not the NR fault, its the guides fault.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Here you go. Ads for his services back in 2013 on here.

Where there's smoke, there's fire:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8334053/1

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I knew i'd heard about this jackleg before.... the nmlarry posts answered where.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
He's a guide so in Alaska he comes first and foremost. He's the only one that's been bestowed the power to take non-residents after dangerous game like Mtn Goats and Dall Sheep.

The state will probably pay his legal fees and just add a supplement to outfitters and non-resident hunters to offset the increase.

ADF&G has probably already issued an apology letter to the APHA.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They are in George Palmer's old are on the Dillinger, North of the South Fork of the Kuskokwim along the Range.

It's not the destination...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
He's a guide so in Alaska he comes first and foremost. He's the only one that's been bestowed the power to take non-residents after dangerous game like Mtn Goats and Dall Sheep.

The state will probably pay his legal fees and just add a supplement to outfitters and non-resident hunters to offset the increase.

ADF&G has probably already issued an apology letter to the APHA.

WOW, I am learning a lot on this thread

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Phil I mean no offense to you but if you take exception feel free to refute.

The APHA has a huge influence in the rules and regs, that much is fact and that's what where my sarcasm was directed. Not at you personally as I believe your reputation to be solid.

Just look at the bulls.it rule change in area 2. The guides association was instrumental in getting that passed, which [bleep] over many outfitters, transporters and hunters...but immensely benefited guides.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (007FJ, 204guy, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,071
Posts18,482,609
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.