Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Bling Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I have recently purchased a xbolt 6.5 creedmoor and xbolt 280. What is your thoughts on them? Not real familiar with the 280 so not exactly sure what to expect. What loads would y'all shoot in the 280? Opinions ms thoughts please on these guns

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I like them as well as my Sako 85's for a number of reasons. They fit me perfectly, shoot very well, and are small, light and easy carrying. They're not perfect but what is?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The x-bolt is a fine rifle, and the 280 is a great caliber. You will be pleased with those rifles form and function. Loads are available in all the loading manuals for the 280.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think you'll be pleased with both choices. Which version(s) of the X-bolt did you get?

B
Bling Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I have a 257 Roberts abolt stalker unfired and the xbolt a in 6.5 and 280 both are stalkers.

I've been reading on the 280. Neat history and seems like a caliber to play with on reloading

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have two x-bolts (Stalker and SS Stalker) and both are sub moa shooters. They feed great, and fit me just fine, a nice fairly ltwt package. I like the SS Stalker best (7mm wsm).

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a Browning X-Bolt in .30-06, their gray synthetic model, for a very reasonable price. It shoots factory ammo into small, sub-MOA groups, and all-up with scope weighs 7.6 lbs.

I decided I could not live with the drab, gray synthetic stock, so I recently sent it off to our darrenk75b for a paint job. Happy with the paint job, and the rifle, now.

As far as .280 loads go, I shoot mostly Barnes TSX and TTSX bullets, with great success on game.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
B
Bling Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Would the amax loads suit for the 6.5?

And as mentioned above I Had seen some 280 tsx that I figured would be what I'd try for factory loads. I will say I read a 280 Was a re loaders dream?

B
Bling Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bludog
I have two x-bolts (Stalker and SS Stalker) and both are sub moa shooters. They feed great, and fit me just fine, a nice fairly ltwt package. I like the SS Stalker best (7mm wsm).

I want a stainless stalker in a 22-250 but would take 1 in any caliber. Lol. Wanna sell your for a reasonlbe price? Haha

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am a big fan of the X-bolt. Being a lefty shooting right handed rifles, I appreciate the tang safety and short bolt throw. I have a stainless stalker carbon fiber fluted model in 30-06. I wouldn't mind if it was in .280 though, I love that caliber. It balances quite well for my taste and is relatively light. I honestly wouldn't want it too much lighter, it is lively as-is in 30-06.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
IC B3

B
Bling Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Yea I don't think I would want go over the 7's in te stalker lineup. May be a partial bear to shoot. And I like you sir like the 60* bolt. Personally I'm just a browning fan. I look at or for them Before any other brand. Why I'm not sure other than it's just what I like.

C
CP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I am not a Browning fan, but I purchased a dealer special stainless X-Bolt .280 Rem. in a walnut stock last year just for the heck of it. It has been an OK 1 ½” rifle, however I have always been suspicious of the factory bedding job, and decided to try something a little different. So, I purchased a synthetic stock from Browning a couple of weeks ago and have subsequently bedded, floated and fitted the barreled action in this new stock. I believe after just one range session, I am now on my way to have a MOA rifle. We’ll see… Incidentally, the fitting of the detactable magazine during the bedding process proved to be a little tricky for me, but I got her done and nary can a rattle be heard. CP.
Original Configuration
[Linked Image]
Pre- bedded synthetic stock and factory bedded walnut stock
[Linked Image]
Trigger group removed and clay molding in place
[Linked Image]
Bedding done
[Linked Image]
New look
[Linked Image]

B
Bling Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
That is a sharp looking gun. What made you question their bedding job? Anything to look for ? Or notice?

C
CP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
If the stock bedding is square and even to the barreled action, the action screws should come to an abrupt stop when being tighten. This was not the case with the factory stock. Secondly, take a look at the factory bedding's irregular perch on the stock's bedding surfaces. It appeared to me to look like a couple gobs of random goose crap rather than a complete bedding job. CP.

B
Bling Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CP
If the stock bedding is square and even to the barreled action, the action screws should come to an abrupt stop when being tighten. This was not the case with the factory stock. Secondly, take a look at the factory bedding's irregular perch on the stock's bedding surfaces. It appeared to me to look like a couple gobs of random goose crap rather than a complete bedding job. CP.

Yes sir I see what you mean now thanks for the explanation

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I've had 3 X-Bolts and the bedding has actually been surprisingly well done in all 3. Even with the screws out the actions have zero wiggle in the stocks on mine. One of mine has a little wiggle in the magazine which is annoying when carrying.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
been thinking about one in a 300wsm myself..anybody play with one of those yet ???

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Had one in 270wsm that fed and shot very well. Just not a wsm fan or I'd still have it.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Have a 7mm wsm and it feeds and shoots great. It was a little "sticky" or stiff cycling at first, but quickly improved to be a very smooth feeding action. Very pleased with the X-bolts.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
B
Bling Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Just got the 6.5 creedmoor in yesterday. Man that thing is light as can be. Dura- touch stock is nice too. Curious see how it does

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (22250rem, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,200
Posts18,485,185
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.