Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Other than a POI shift, anyone have feedback on these units?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A friend of mine has one. He said it works just fine.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one. it works well. I have found out that some rifles the poi is more than others again proving each rifle is a sample unto itself.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have one and it works well. Getting all the data in spreadsheet form is extremely useful. As for POI shift, I have found it really depends on the barrel. I have some rifles where it has no effect on POI or group size...and others where it will shift POI by 4" and throw bullets all over the place. Generally, my M40 type contours are stable and something like a tiny Kimber barrel does not fare so well.

It hasn't replaced my Chrony, but it is much more convenient and I can use it in the rain.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It certainly is convenient! I like mine so far. I have the very basic model. I don't think it's ever missed a shot and based on Brian Litz's test I believe it to be accurate. It does shift on the barrel a bit so you have to check it after each shot. That is on a thin Kimber Montana barrel. I don't know about group size and POI shift for sure. I plan to actually shoot groups one after the other to see what happens with and without. My initial impression is that POI has not shifted much if any. The sensor is very light.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a V3 that I really like. Most of my rifles shoot to the same POA/POI with or without it attached. A couple it moves the group and on one it opens it up a bit. Still, beats waiting for a cold line to go mess with the Chrony I had.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have one and like it for the way I use chronos.

If you like to measure every shot while working up loads with several rifles, one of the chronos with screens would probably be more convenient.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Sounds like a winner. My needs for a Chrono are not elaborate. Convenience of use will go a long way toward my bringing it to the range. I ultimately am loading for hunting use not competition.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Mine is modified to be a bench top model. It sits on the shooting bench. Therefore, all adjustments can be made without encroaching the firing line. All of it fits in a tackle tray in my shooting bag. I have used it in the rain, cold & bright sunlight. No quirks. Love it.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Mine is modified to be a bench top model. It sits on the shooting bench...

Got any pics? Have tossed this idea around a time or two myself.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Only picture I have. I have since modified it to do away with the plywood extension. It works great!

[Linked Image]

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I have one, love it. If you pay attention to how it should be set up you will never shoot it. It is accurate too. I punched in my real fps from the magnetospeed into strelock and checked the dope and elevation and it was nuts on.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I need to get one because the range I go to a public one gets crowded and setting up a chrono is a real pain in the ass. This would cut down on set up time and not feel rushed either.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The public range benefit is huge. I like the idea of having it not attached to the barrel. I may have to play with that.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by prm
The public range benefit is huge. I like the idea of having it not attached to the barrel. I may have to play with that.

I have surveyed a non-modified bayonet. It would not be hard to arrange a bench top mount for it without having to modify the unit.

The ease of setup at the range is the #1 reason I made the switch from my pain in the butt Oehler 35P. Loved the MSpeed so much I sold the Oehler. I can adjust the MSpeed without ever encroaching the firing line or needing a cease-fire..

Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use this as my main/only chrono. I have not experienced the POI shifts others have mentioned. Maybe depends on the individual rifle.
Charlie

The data and opinions contained in these posts are the results of experiences with my equipment. NO CONCLUSIONS SHOULD BE DRAWN FROM ANY DATA PRESENTED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE THESE RESULTSj
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My friend said he has no shift with his. He was using it on his 6.5 X 300-WSM with his barrel having a 5.5 contour.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody here have insight on when the Sporter model will be available? I'm awaiting an email response from them.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I am fairly sure it is available now but sold out.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 3,019 guests, and 1,454 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,265
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.