Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Why would anyone won't a job that will land you in jail if you perform the duties it calls for. when you know you will probably will be the one who ends up in jail if you arrest a criminal and he gets bruised or has a MI in the process of the arrest? The US Government today will back and stand behind the perp especially if he is Black and will prosecute you to the max for doing the job you where hired to do.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I would not recommend the career to anyone starting out.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Retirement at 20 yrs of service?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I retired after 30 yrs, could have retired at 20, and it is a good retirement. But I don't think there are too many 20 and done anymore. There's not a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for what I got out of the job, but on the same hand I'm also thankful everyday I'm gone. I definitely would not recommend a career in LE today. You work on the street long enough and the chances of the perfect storm happening are just the law of averages. Maybe if you work in an all white area, but those are few and far between especially within the next 20 years.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, there is a sense of duty and service to your community. But I realize I'm in the wrong place for that kind of talk

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I would be hard pressed to recommend it to anyone. One of the large police internet sites did a poll just 5 years ago and 80+% would support their kids doing it. A poll from a few months ago shows that less than 10% would want their kids doing it.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
bea175, because somebody needs to do it and we need all the honorable Peace Officers we can get.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pira114
But I realize I'm in the wrong place for that kind of talk

You're good with me.

Hell, I volunteered to do it, sometimes unpaid, just because I felt compelled to serve.

Glad I did, otherwise if I would have been doing it as a career, I would have been more inclined to stick with it instead of being able to walk away...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I would not recommend the career to anyone starting out.

About how I got it figured, too.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm sure most cops are "called" to be cops. Besides the calling, there is the pay check, health insurance, and retirement. In no particular order. Not to mention you don't need to get into 50k in college debt to have the career.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had I to do it all over again, I would stay in the CPA firm.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a good job, playing piano in a Louisville whorehouse. The retirement wasn't much, but the scenery was nice, and I could have maintained my standing in the community.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I asked a few guys I went to high school with and they answered with "I want to get the chance to shoot someone", I really hope they are kidding. My best friends BIL is a LEO and he is facing felonies for an incident he was involved with. I do know that I am sick of trying to go hunting with them, the last time I was there they were pounding beers and boasting that nobody could mess with them anymore.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bea175
Why would anyone won't a job that will land you in jail if you perform the duties it calls for. when you know you will probably will be the one who ends up in jail if you arrest a criminal and he gets bruised or has a MI in the process of the arrest?

Because I made bad grades in High School.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same reason (after 27 years myself) I could not recommend military service along side the homo lovers and politically correct flag officers.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pira114
Well, there is a sense of duty and service to your community. But I realize I'm in the wrong place for that kind of talk

and it's wrong to say that. Most of the 'fire supports you guys, and realizes what a chit job it can be. Heck, many of our members ARE in LE.
That questionable actions presented in the news get, well, questioned, is not a reflection of how I, or most of us feel about the vast majority of folks who serve with clear conscience and valor.

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I knew a couple of cops who were big union guys and were always bitching about what a terrible job it was and how the city sucked as an employer.

Both are retired.

Care to guess where their sons are working?

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Free coffee, and doughnuts???? laugh laugh

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was on my radar as a career choice when I was young and has come up again in my 40's as I wonder about checking into whether our county Sheriff's dept. has a reserve program.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well, My Grandson is majoring in Criminology and Criminal Psychology. He has wanted this since he was a lot younger. I told him he better have another good year and go to the Pros"NFL". He said for me not to worry as the DEA said he had until he was 37yrs old. We have a lot of LEO friends and have heard their side of what is going on.
I just want Josh to do what makes him happy.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (69sportfury, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,513
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.