Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
In case you need a refresher, my violation was for putting a larger amount of money into people's annuities than what Oregon, and ONLY leftist Oregon, thought to be proper. No one lost a dime of their money and many are still making 4-15% (fixed VS indexed programs) returns on thier annuities. Not even one cent went to management fees or other costs. Hard % numbers were not introduced to the Oregon DOI until after I wrote the annuities in question, and the complaint was not filed by a client but the daughter of a deceased client at the urging of a small town stock broker who did not like having any competition. I harmed no one, and would not. And I still find the Oregon rule of X% only into an annuity to be capricious and over reaching of government into people's decisions, Coward.

"On 7/1/10, the director issued a notice of proposed action proposing to revoke the
Oregon nonresident individual insurance producer license issued to the party. The
director proposed to take that action because the director had reason to believe that
the party violated (1) Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) 836-080-0090 in three
instances by recommending that a person who resided in Oregon purchase an
annuity that was unsuitable for the person, (2) ORS 746.100 in two instances by
making a false or fraudulent statement or representation on or relative to an
application for insurance, and (3) ORS 731.296 in three instances by failing to
promptly or truthfully respond to an inquiry from the director."

http://www.cbs.state.or.us/ins/admin_actions/actions_2011/producer_2011/10-02-005.pdf

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Ruh Roh.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who'd've thunk this would go south?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

http://www.cbs.state.or.us/ins/admin_actions/actions_2011/producer_2011/10-02-005-p.pdf

The evidence has demonstrated that Mr. Claiborne
committed multiple violations of insurance laws in connection with the sale of annuities. Most
significantly, despite his knowledge of the requirement that he attempt to ascertain whether the
sale of an annuity was not unsuitable, Mr. Claiborne, on at least three occasions, recommended
the sale of annuities to elderly individuals without a meaningful assessment of their economic
circumstances. With regard to Ms. Holmes, Mr. Claiborne recommended the sale of an annuity
Page 28 of 30 Amended Proposed Order, Claiborne, Case No. INS 10-02-005
that resulted in an immediate loss of more than $2,000 and the potential for future lost interest
payments. With regard to the Woods, Mr. Claiborne recommended the sale of an annuity despite
having almost no information regarding the Woods‟s savings and investments. When Bankers
Life questioned the suitability of the investment, Mr. Claiborne altered a form which Mr. Wood
had previously signed as being accurate. When confronted about changes to the document, Mr.
Claiborne gave conflicting and increasingly self-serving answers.
With regard to the Holloway transaction, Mr. Claiborne recommended the sale of an
annuity that he knew would be funded primarily through the surrender of a variable annuity and
actively assisted Mr. Holloway in discussions with Prudential to secure the necessary forms
needed to complete the transaction. Mr. Claiborne made this recommendation despite the fact he
had never read the policy nor understood its unique and advantageous features for Mr. Holloway.
Despite his knowledge, Mr. Claiborne falsely indicated on Mr. Holloway‟s application that he
was not replacing an existing annuity, and did not plan on doing so. Mr. Claiborne offered no
reasonable explanation for his conduct, but falsely asserted that he was not aware of Mr.
Holloway‟s decision to surrender the Prudential annuity.
The evidence also established that Mr. Claiborne made false statements, as well as an
untimely response to the Division, including statements under oath, in an attempt to shield
himself from liability for his conduct. His statements to investigators were often self-serving,
contradictory, and contrary to all other available evidence. Given those false statements, the
Division can have no assurance that Mr. Claiborne will fully cooperate with any future
investigations that might arise. Mr. Claiborne has thus demonstrated a willingness to deceive
other insurance companies, the Division, and most importantly, the consumers, to serve his own
interests. Because the Division cannot rely on Mr. Claiborne to tell the truth, its ability to
effectively regulate his conduct to protect consumers in the future will be severely restricted.
Given the evidence in this matter, the ALJ concluded that the appropriate sanction is
revocation. ORS 744.074(1) allows the Division to revoke Mr. Claiborne‟s license. The
Division takes seriously its responsibility to protect the public from unscrupulous licensees. Mr.
Claiborne‟s license has already been suspended once for similar misconduct. (Ex. A1.) Given
his prior discipline and level of misconduct at issue here, the Division finds that the only
appropriate sanction is the revocation2
of Mr. Claiborne‟s license.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No, the buff hunt went great. Parts of that hunt are on my marketing video. When a couple of guys went back without me for Elephant the outfitter messed them up even though they got Elephants. I am still good freinds with Model70 guy who was on both trips. And we hope to hunt Africa together soon again.

Never, ever knowingly harmed a person for financial gain and I have lots of freinds still from my career who are praying for me while I am back up here at Virginia Mason. I got a how are you and get well call from one couple who have about ten Bankers Life annuities and are happy with them AND me. I have a lifelong invitation to hunt on the land they own in Wallowa county.

Would write some more, and I may do a whole thread about my careers in Insurance and hunting, but I am do to check in for my Biopsy (fairly minor surgery but scary for other reasons) in one hour so bye for now. And in the Ruger Charger deal I still know that I made the right decision to not refund for my reasons stated. Feel free to look for another tree to bark up, though. we know what kind of mammal barks up trees all the time.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
A cat?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right on cue..

On 10/27/11, the director received from the party an e-mail reasserting the
party’s previous exceptions and urging the director to not revoke his expired license,
but merely allow his license to remain expired. The party argued that the party (1)
has not been transacting insurance in Oregon for some time, (2) is not licensed in
Oregon, (3) does not represent Bankers Life and Casualty Company, the insurer
that he represented in the course of engaging in the misconduct, (4) is planning to
move from Walla Walla Washington to Elko Nevada, and (5) has poor health which
may prevent him from working anywhere again.
The director is not persuaded by
any of these arguments that the director must or should take any different action
than initially proposed

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Deleted text

Last edited by DocRocket; 05/12/15. Reason: if you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
safariman (Member #8086)
User
Registered On: 06/18/05 07:30 PM

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
yep just got back to my room.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
so nice to know that you care!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The saddest part to me is that with each and every train wreck like thread the shyster has a hand in, despite the glaring, incontrovertible and documented violations of professional conduct and the continuous obvious, flat-out lies stacked like so much cord wood he spews, so many here absolutely simply refuse to see the man for what he is. P.T. Barnum was so right.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Well, he loves God, and his cousin seems to like him.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I just want a picture of the RV park/recovery center.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Deleted text

Nice. I was a bit surprised seeing what you posted.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
African hunt for buffalo? in a word: GREEN

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
In case you need a refresher, my violation was for putting a larger amount of money into people's annuities than what Oregon, and ONLY leftist Oregon, thought to be proper. No one lost a dime of their money and many are still making 4-15% (fixed VS indexed programs) returns on thier annuities. Not even one cent went to management fees or other costs. Hard % numbers were not introduced to the Oregon DOI until after I wrote the annuities in question, and the complaint was not filed by a client but the daughter of a deceased client at the urging of a small town stock broker who did not like having any competition. I harmed no one, and would not. And I still find the Oregon rule of X% only into an annuity to be capricious and over reaching of government into people's decisions, Coward.

There is so much false in there it's ridiculous.

Your violations were not for that alone, as there were multiple and the reasons were cited in the cases put in this thread.

Bankers Life & Casualty, should anyone wish to look them up, is one of - if not THE - worst company out there for scamming old people and having insurance agents (who are NOT licensed to deal with or even review securities) push annuities on clients regardless of fit or compliance.

The "indexed annuities" referenced did not and do not return 15%. The calculus that goes into those indexes is guaranteed to trail the market by a considerable rate, and won't get close to 15%. There are also hefty penalties for withdrawals or cancellation of the contract; and the company has been sued multiple times for fraudulent placement of those "products". Their fixed rate annuities do not touch 4% currently, either. That's easily verified by contacting any local "Conseco/Banker's Life" office (yep, part of the Conseco family of businesses now, and that reputation carries).

The daughter was dealing with the estate of her mother and rightfully went to a LICENSED financial adviser to discuss what had happened to her mother's investments. That's when your ball of wax started to melt.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I didn't know Mark guided safari's.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He booked them, he was (is) not a PH. What year was that buffalo safari anyway, Mark?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You never read the safari thread?

Oh man... That schit was epic with some uber sprinkled on top.

Travis

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 52 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,859
Posts18,517,785
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.