Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yep, things do change with time.

Anyone with enough room on their credit card can go down to most any Japanese motorcycle dealership and buy a bike off the showroom floor that will smoke the bikes King Kenny Roberts used to win F1 championships forty years ago.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Stick and I have butted heads plenty in the past. Credit where credit is due in this situation. Like I said, I appreciate the information.

At least the Partitions shoot well so far, which has never happened for me in slower twists. I want some range out of this rifle though, so the 68bthp and the 75 A-max are the desired shooters. If I can get some accuracy and the right speed, the trajectory will allow me to practice to 600 with a similar trajectory to what I hunt with.

Damn I love the interweb. One stop shopping for every problem.
Actually find the highlighted kinda funny.
Seems some guy back in 1896 shot a winning score at the Wimbledon cup with a 30-40 Krag. 1000 yards with iron sights and ballistics that match a rock.
Seems another guy in 1935 or 36 shot a perfect score with 14V/X count @ 1000 using a 300 H&H magnum shooting a 180 Boat tail and 5X scope.
Guys shooting 1000 yards with 30.06 garands and springfield 03's with iron sights cleaned with X count to boot.
Documented paper patched bullets in the late 1800's shooting to 1000 yards.
Now I see that you need a bullet that was suspended for what 1-2 years due to low sales to get to 600?
WTF over, you should feel sorry for us old folks as we had to do that with chit for bullets and powder.

I appreciate your attempts to be an a$$, but you missed the part of my post referring to speed, trajectory that matches others to 600, practice. This requires high-BC bullets. I named the ones I want to get to shoot. They are far cheaper than Bergers, or the new Sierra TMK, which also have BC in the ballpark for what I am after.

Next time, you might try to contribute something to my query, instead of a$$ practice. You seem to be an expert already. Carry on.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by mathman
Yep, things do change with time.

Anyone with enough room on their credit card can go down to most any Japanese motorcycle dealership and buy a bike off the showroom floor that will smoke the bikes King Kenny Roberts used to win F1 championships forty years ago.

...and still ride nowhere near as well as he did.

I need all the help I can get because'm not a Wimbeldon Cup shooter and see no reason why I wouldn't avail myself of the help. If I really wanted to be consistent with that line of "reasoning" I wouldn't stop where Swifty does, however, I'd go to the loin clothe & spear...

And yes, I fling ping pong balls from my AR at lesser distances, so no aversion to slow twist just different applications for different situations. Anyone can do things any way they want; whatever works.

The arrogant condescension is what gets me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You're kidding! If nothing else, 24-HCF oozes arrogant condescension!

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
You're welcome!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You're welcome!

My comment wasn't directed toward any individual or group of individuals, rather just a general observation. The majority of users post helpful comments and share their experiences in a manner that is clear, helpful, and civil.

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H

My comment wasn't directed toward any individual or group of individuals, rather just a general observation. The majority of users post helpful comments and share their experiences in a manner that is clear, helpful, and civil.
I'm guilty. I know I am. I'm not always right, but I sure as hell act like I am!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Holy Fhuqking Dog Schit...KchuntFest 2015 is gawddamned EPIC! Laffin'!

What a treat to have THE All Star cast of Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks(Shefire,NotSoSwift,SuperKchunt,260,yada,yada)weigh in and laude all the things they nearly did,the wares they nearly did it with and all the places they nearly did 'em. Laffin'!

Though in fairness,they were able to muster a coupla plagiarized pics stolen offa the 'Net,as a Trump Card of their collective "knowledge","experience" and "results". It remains a fascinating constant,that them who do the least,reliably fhuqking Whine the most and The Axis Of Imagination is on fhuqking fire,complete with Secret Squirrel PM's and the WHOLE enchilada! Laffin'! Funnier than fhuqk to boot,that all of 'em trumpeted Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet hang like maggots on my every fhuqking word. Re-laffin'!

Though I digress...

The Lion quit roaring,as the 30mm 4.5-14x M1 40mm LR took a schit early yesterday morning on the 2nd 75A-Max poke,at the 900yd line. 1st launch was in the money,the 2nd 10-FEET out and then it went downhill from there(literally). Was lucky enough to have two pards in tow and it'll spare them some loot(not like I haven't [bleep] the 4.5-14x in ALL forms for years and it's no "secret" that they are dismal as a best case scenario).

Anywhoo,I flogged on the Reloading Press last night and a right proper 6x MQ will go back in the saddle,all of which grants opportunity to shoot more than a smidge today. I realize that such realities are blasphemous to The Do Nothing Gang...but I'll gun some frames,so The Paper Hat Brigade can add more pixels to "their" albums. Laffin'!

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't,but "luckily" Imagination and Pretend are free,so everyone can "contribute". l'll add some more fuel to Imaginations,if only to bolster Pretend and cite 1000 words on the RAR S/S 223 Compact as it's germane to the crux.

Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

Mebbe just one more,beings they are all hurting so bad for pixels. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

You know what would knock this fhuqking hilarious schit outta The Park?!? A group photo of The Do Nothing Gang...if only to rightly pay tribute to THE World Record for crossed-eyes.

I'm cryin',I'm laffin' soooooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!

Wow +P++!

Only fair to mention,to them who actually do shoot something other than their mouths and Imaginations,that the Plywood Lion approach has no equal...whether RF or CF.

[Linked Image]

Hint.

You've been led to water and I'm hoping noone drinks.

GOOD talk.

Laffin'!

(Adendum: for THE Whining Kchunt)

Shefire,

My bad,as I'd forgotten about your preoccupation with Sister's nails and your fascination with color(s).

Here...lemme yet again fuel your Imagination,if only to bolster your Pretend.

[Linked Image]

Laffin'!

Bonus Round for you here...colors AND words! woot!

[Linked Image]

Prolly a 68 BTHP. Hint.

Just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

More Nail Fadcination for you.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/20110122-DAD_1217.jpg[/img]

To prevent Sensory Overload of your preoccupation(s). Laffin'!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/20110123-DAD_1254.jpg[/img]

Be sure to prattle on with your Delusional "Adventures" and your never ending Vagina Monologue's accounting of your incredibly wellfounded insecurities.

P.S. and by the way...do NOT let the FACT that you are a lying piece of fhuqking schit(Imaginary Pretend Ignore),keep you from Whining even more.

You Clueless Kchunts are a fhuqking RIOT!

As per always,salt the pics away and tell others that you "could too".

Laffin'!

Woot...the Lion roars again and I KNEW better than to not Fix Fhuqk it for the duration,but R&D is more than half the fun.

In HDR,for them fantasizing other's nails and visualizing them in the tub.

Laffin'!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/673/urSQNV.jpg[/img]

(Jeezus Fhuqking Gawd...yet another adddendum...for yet another Whining Kchunt)

'Gal,

You are THE Clueless Fhuqk forever PM'ing me for the straight scoop and ain't it an intellesting tidbit,that you went from Imaginary Pretend Ignore,to sucking my ass for intel?!? Laffin'!

It's more than a leetle poignant,when even somebody as fhuqking STUPID as you,knows who do and who don't shoot. Read that again,now one more time. Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess,while the rest of you Drooling Dumbfhuqks are guessing as BEST case scenarios. Hint.

Rest assured...I've the shoulders to happily be whatever you NEED me to be,to satiate your sad realities and Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkedness. You just be certain to keep Imagining and Pretending aloud. Laffin'!

You might consider (4) Midol and 500cc's of Vagisil in your usual locations,if only to getcha' over the time of month.

Still would love to see a pic of you Stupid Fhuqkers,if only as a means of quantifying that which has lonnnnnngggggggggggg been obvious.

Laffin'!

More fingernails to fret,for you "hard chargers". The RSS looks like it'll rock and is thus far,a literal fhuqking rock...though as with everything else,only time will tell how it handles obscene round count,topography and weather.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/673/dNIdcv.jpg[/img]

Film at 11:00,as you Stupid Fhuqks ride the couch and try to convince eachother,that Nothingness is fashionably now "Something".

Laffin'!

Keep flogging that couch.

Wow +P++!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Though I digress...

The only sensible point ever made in a Schtick post...

but I do think it is sweet, he uses his one post a day limit, to mention the folks he loves the most....

the ones that turn his crank and let him wind himself up so they can watch his floor show perform once again...

he never disappoints.....but then I am sure his posts has been 48 hours in the making... rehearsed over and over to make it "perfect"....

We're so honored and you're so blessed their Schmucklette....

see ya in another 48 hours with your "zinging" riveting reply...

go kill another grizzly, it will calm ya down while also inspiring ya...then take 50 more pics with a rifle with all the graffiti on it, camo'ed with your teen age daughter's nail polish...

myself, I really like the one where you remind yourself, where to put your bullets... ( 75 grain A Max Goes Here )...you truly are a genius...what a great way to not forget where the bullets go...

by the way, its Saturday, so do forget to take a bath this week...by the content of your last posts, we could tell you were getting kind of ripe again... and use soap, works better than sand for getting rid of those 'smells' you love so much...

Stay Cool little buddy...Gilligan's Alaskan Brother...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry,

I find much of your behavior on 24HCF to be that of a boorish lout. IMO, you've become more a source of parody, playing to your sycophants, than a source of useful/helpful information. Don't you think that calling people names is the apex of juvenile behavior? Even more so when the people who you're ridiculing are, for the most part, anonymous? I mean, how hurtful are words written/spoken by a person who you don't respect? Ouch!

OTOH, you have a lot of great looking rifles and claim to have more experience shooting than 99.99% of the other people who frequent this site. What would be so hard about sharing your useful experiences and helping people solve problems that you've probably seen and solved a dozen times or more? Wouldn't that be a better legacy to leave, 'cause eventually everybody leaves, either by choice, your own, or by edict, Rick's.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am still looking for suggestions/experiences regarding shooting the 68. And the 75 A-max while I'm at it. There will be game taken this fall with at least one of these two, when I can get them to shoot, hopefully with the desired speed/trajectory.

Who else besides Stick is chasing Bambi with the heavy hornadys?

I'd not thought to try R-15. I'll put that on the list. Thanks EFW!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Can't help you there. The only .224" bullets that I've killed whitetails with are 60 grain Partitions and 64 grain PowerPoints from 22-250s and a 223 WSSM. All deer shot died. Quickly.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I use '15 under 75's. My velociry isn't is fast as some get with 335 but accuracy is better for me in my rifle. In 3 different 223AI's 26.3gr does between 3006 and 3330 depending on which rifle. The chunky ones have 21" barrels and the little one a 20'ish barrel. The spread is almost nothing so I lost interest in trying another powder.

Have no worries of bullet performance on deer. Theyll work rather well for you. The 75amax from 22-250AI and 50gr vmax from 223AI form loads is all we used this year.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
if you can find it, try out AR Comp.. burn rate pretty much the same as RL 15 although not the same as I am told, but close enough as I have found...

it is both temp insensitive and I actually find it even more accurate than RL 15, in multiple rifles in multiple calibers.

I've passed on RL15 I have found lately, waiting for AR Comp.

If this shortage ends, if we can manage to get the Democrats out of office, then AR Comp will be my new staple, replacing RL 15 in my powder cabinet.... which has seen a lot of RL 15 pass thru it over the years...

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
What do you think of TAC in the 223 for the heavies? I have TAC. And maybe 8 others in the right burn range for which there is published data. Tac was part of the first experiments, and it performed the best out of those.

BLC(2) was the worst. I could have done as well with a super-full choke and F shot.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
H&S,

One of the bulk reloading ammo sellers in this area uses nothing but TAC and CCI450's to fuel all his .223 stuff. I shoot his stuff from time-to-time when the price is right. I've had good luck with his stuff with MOA/subMOA out of several uppers.

As for BLC(2), it's been my experience that guns either love it or hate it behind certain bullets with very little in between.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 05/17/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
BLC2 always seems to perform best in my 223s, when it is at near max, or sometimes a little stiffer charge....

regardless of bullet weights...

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thanks for all the continued input, guys. Will get some stuff put together and hopefully get out this coming week, depending on the weather.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What do you think of TAC in the 223 for the heavies? I have TAC. And maybe 8 others in the right burn range for which there is published data. Tac was part of the first experiments, and it performed the best out of those.

BLC(2) was the worst.I could have done as well with a super-full choke and F shot.

TAC is good stuff, likes mag primers and top end loads in my experience. Meters dead on throw after throw. Don't overlook the 70 gr. VLDs..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I've been following this thread hoping there would be some conversation about TAC. Glad to hear of some success with the heavies! And yes, I've read JBs advice to use 450 primers and hotter loads.

Thanks all. Whenever I get to working up my own loads, I'll post a thread.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.