Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Originally Posted by rost495
I have to wonder, if its fair, to be able to pay more cash, to keep something off your insurance record, vs folks that don't have the extra cash?
Seems unfair...

'The system' (cops, municipalities, judges, etc.) doesn't give a $ch!t whether it's fair or not. That's not what it's about. It's about money. Plain and simple. It's about extorting as much money as they can from citizens. Period.
Don't break the law, and you won't have to pay for "extortion."

Yep, just do as you're told, mind your P's and Q's, etc.. It sticks in my craw. Stupid laws deserve to be broken. Like gun laws...I totally disregard them...and I don't much give a rats a$$ what 'the system' has to say about it. Same goes for emissions stickers and expired license plates...it has nothin' to do with safety and is ALL about generating revenue for the government. The same government that nearly everyone here gripes about. One that really takes the cake is to get a seat belt citation from a motorcycle cop. Talk about hypocritical bullSch!t designed to do nothin' more than generate revenue...!

Yeah, stupid laws like stop signs at intersections and speed limits. That's just dumb law, you deserve to drive however you'd like and to hell with public safety because you are certainly entitled to do so. Rock on player!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
In 2000 I had taken the family out west to see the sights. We had just turned around and were on our way back to GA. Speed limit was 65 on a desert road in Arizona near the 4 corners area. Arizona State trooper behind me so I set the cruise on 64mph. He follows me for 30 minutes. I see a stop sign about 1/2 mile ahead and a "speed reduced ahead sign".

I turn the cruise off and plan on coasting to the stop sign. Next thing I see is blue lights. Speed limit dropped from 65-35. Since I didn't stand on the brakes and had only slowed to 55 within the 1st 50 yards beyond the sign I get a keepsake from the trip.

The guy was nice enough to write the ticket at only 39 and let me mail in the fine instead of following him 80 miles in the wrong direction and pay at the county courthouse which he said would be SOP. Only cost me $60, but I was still steamed.

I've paid a few others that I was guilty of. No beef with those, and technically I was guilty here too. My problem is the way some roads are marked in a way to confuse drivers. Simply as revenue.

I live a few miles west of I-75 about half way between Atlanta and Chattanooga. There are 2-3 tiny communities too small to even have a traffic light on that stretch of road. But they have a 5-6 man police force with 2-3 cars. They are 4-5 miles off the interstate, but are always running radar. No reason for them to even exist except to make money for the community. The county Sheriff does all the LE work in those communities.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The fact that their little Podunk hillbilly communities are 4 to 5 miles off the interstate is irrelevant...they are out there hiding along the interstate in order to catch speeders in the interest of public safety.

<rollin' eyes emoticon>

<sarcasm emoticon>

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There was a trooper on an overpass with a radar gun and he clocks a guy going 90 MPH in a 65 zone. He chases the guy down and pulls him over and asks if the driver knows how fast he was going. The driver says no so the trooper says "you were going 90 MPH in a 65 zone". The driver says "I'm sorry, I was late for work". So the trooper asks him what he does for a living that is so important that he would put himself and everybody else on the road in peril by going so fast. The driver says "I'm a sphincter stretcher". The trooper asks "what is that"? So the driver says "it's just like it sounds, first I lube up my index finger and stick it up in there and work it around until it gets a little looser. Then I put in another finger and eventually I have my whole hand in there. After a little work I can get my other hand in there and then I keep stretching and stretching until I have the sphincter stretched out to 72" in diameter". The trooper asks " what do you do with a 6 foot a$$hole"? The driver says " I give it a radar gun and put it on an overpass"!

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I haven't had a ticket for a while, but I deserved every one of them and then some so I figure I'm a bit ahead of the game. Grin....

I was working down in Anniston, AL recently so I would fly into Atlanta and make the hour (ish) drive back and forth. On my last trip down there, it had rained a good bit during the week and things were pretty soggy. I was zipping back to Atlanta doing a liberal speed when I met a trooper. I seen him hit the breaks and knew he was coming for me. Since it was a divided highway, he had to cut across the median.....which happened to be pretty soft because of the rain. I seen his car sink and then stop about half-way across.

I know it wasn't nice, but I laughed my ass off the rest of the way to Atlanta. Glad it was my last trip down there!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RJY66
for failing to completely stop at a stop sign. It is going to cost me over $100. I'm "guilty" so there ain't much I can say. I am not too worried about the money but I got a ticket last year for going 50 in a 35-45 transition zone...also IMO chickenshit, but not hall of fame worthy like this one. My insurance did not go up but with this new one I am afraid it will. Two tickets in 18 months.....hell crazy assed teenagers do better than that, and I am almost 50.

Do I have to go to court to ask the "judge" if the points can be kept off my record? Will he do it?

Can I pay some extra extortion money and keep it off my record?

Any need to go to court at all or should I just pay the ticket and hope for the best?

That's what you get for stopping when he turned his lights on.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
only tickets I ever seem to get are for stupid Schitt...

Most cops are usually pretty darn decent guys if you don't give them a load of crap...

One that still pisses me off tho, was back in MN.. I came to a stop sign at 10 PM at night, at a side street, hitting a thru fare. I tapped the brakes, but there was some black ice there, so my car skidded half way pass the stop sign. There was no light there to see it...

NO cars were coming, but as soon as I came to a stop, the one car on the road, a quarter a mile or more up the street, turns on its lights...

He pulls up and gets out and does the usual bit, then tells me he is giving me a ticket for not coming to a complete stop.

I told him there was black ice there, that I couldn't see and skidded on that... he tells me "BS".. you saw me coming so you decided to stop... you were going to run the stop sign.

I told him I couldn't see that far if he was a patrol car or not.... he gives me a ticket for running a stop sign... ignoring me telling him I had skidded on black ice...

( I had backed up at that time to not be out in the middle of the main road there.. )

on the black ice, he tells me to tell it to the judge... little prick was a local cop, about the size of Barney Fife....

as the little pompous twerp, goes walking in front of my vehicle he slips on the same black ice that "wasn't there".. and lands hard on his ass....

I get out laughing, and asked him if he would like a hand....I can tell he hurt himself falling.. and he says "yeah", and holds his hand out to me.... I gave him a hand.. I stood there and clapped, and told him that there was NO BLACK ICE there...

So I go to court, and was told to talk to the County Attorney before court starts...he is pointed out to me by the Bailiff, so I walk over to him... I am standing there while he is talking about his vacation last week in Mexico to another attorney...

The other attorney sees me standing there, and asks do I need something. I say I was told to speak to the county Attorney.
The County Attorney gets all pissed off, and starts yelling at me for interrupting me, and can't I see he's busy......

yacking about his vacation???? is busy???

He basically tells me FU and sit down and shut up and wait for my name to be called....

Local cop doesn't show up, after 2 hours... when I explain about the black ice, the county attorney just says it is BS.. so the judge finds me guilty and charges me $45 for running the stop sign....Next...

So I go down to the window where you pay the ticket.. stand in line, and when I get to the front, I'm told $45... so I ask if they accept cash.... "sure we do".... so I tell them I have to go across the street to the bank.

I go across the road to the bank, and ask for $45 in pennies....

The Cashier goes and gets some snotty supervisor who comes back up and snottily asks me what do I need $45 in loose pennies for... I tell him "its for the court house"....

his attitude immediately changes, " OH Why didn't you say so!"

so they go get me 90 rolls of pennies....I tell them they wanted them loose, and do they have a bag I could put them in...

Sure, NO Problem! Don't worry about the bag, someone can bring it back tomorrow....

So I go get back in line, and I get up to the window, and hand the woman my ticket.. She tells me that will be $45.

So I lift my big bag of pennies off the floor and place it on the counter.....she asks what the hell is that... I tell her it is $45 in pennies.

She refuses to take it....I tell here what's the problem.. this is good old American Currency....she still refuses to take it..

So I hand her my ticket and tell her to sign it, stating I tried to pay it and she refused payment... She tells me "I'm not going to do that".....

I got 50 people standing there laughing....

She calls for her supervisor... so this real fat guy comes up and asks what is the problem....

I tell him I am trying to pay my ticket in cash and she is refusing to take it... he tells me "WE don't have to take that"

"Sure ya do, Its good old American Currency".. he still refuses, so I tell him, then good, just sign the ticket with your name and ID and attest that you refused to accept my attempt to pay this citation"...

he still refuses... so I turn around to the laughing audience and ask if anyone will sign this ticket and attest that Hennepin County Courts refused to accept my payment in Cash.... I had about 50 people willing to do so...

So this guys tells me to 'give him the GDamn Bag of pennies'...

I start to, but tell him I want a receipt and my ticket signed that it was paid..... plus I wanted him to count all $45 in pennies to make sure I didn't underpay or overpay....

He refuses... so I turn to the crowd again.... anyone want to sign this ticket acknowledge his refusal to count my money and give me a receipt? again, 50 laughing volunteers...

So this fat SOB and his bimbo clerk had to count out all 4500 pennies... told him I had plenty of time as I took the day off of work for this...

Needless to say, they were really pissed... but in my way, I felt I got my vindication for them screwing me over...

there has only been two other times I felt screwed over, and I paid those tickets in the exact same way...with similar results...

Cops are normally good guys... but Hennepin County ( Minneapolis), I don't have too much respect for.. full of left wing liberals, and pompous bureaucrats...

I wouldn't go back there if you gave me the entire place...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like any of that actually happened..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I usually have good luck, the few times I have been pulled over.

Growing up in California, it was largely because my last name is a legacy within the CHP, my father and grandfather having a combined 70+ years on the force and being highly respected.

Having moved from that gawdawful state, I believe being polite helps a whole bunch, too.

Some luck factors in, as well:

In 2005 I was returning to Colorado from a bird hunting trip in ND. I was in the middle of SD on a 2 lane, 55 MPH highway, doing 67ish. A sheriff passed me by and lit up all his lights so I could see them, but he kept going. Must have been dinnertime.

In high school I was doing some donuts out in the boonies and all of the sudden a local PD lit me up. She was absolutely going to write me up for reckless driving or some other violation, but her radio toned, and she bailed lights and sirens blaring.

My 20 yo stepson is not so lucky (or smart). He's already had his license suspended once for having 12+ points in Colorado due to multiple speeding tickets. Got his license back and then last weekend got clocked doing 98 in a 65 on the way to Chadron, Nebraska.......WITH a case of beer in the truck and a buddy holding an open can.

Cop took the beer, my son got a MIP and a ticket for 85 in a 65. Lucky break - 98 in a 65 would have been an IMMEDIATE suspension. 85 in a 65 might still be, we'll have to see how court goes. Thankfully he was not drinking.

Bottom line... these days I take the time to enjoy the drive, the company of whoever is in my truck, and the view out the window, which is usually decent here in Colorado. It seems to be a good strategy.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Post #1000.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have been pulled over many times and think I am running 50% at best on citations. I was wrong in every case so no whining from me. Just good folks doing their jobs, like most of us.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
been pulled over alot, gotten a few tickets......do find some of the speed limits on dry daytime roads up here to be stupid but dont complain if i get caught breaking them, they caught me fair and square, im plesent to the cop and not an ass and get a warning 9 times out of 10.....my ex always decided it was the time to be a smart ass and even with a pair of tits got a ticket more often than a warning, go figure smirk

REALLY dont see where rolling through a stop sign is chickenchit though.....been to way to many wrecks cause people did it one time to many and wound up killing someone else....there excuse "well i always do it, guess this time i didnt look good enough first"

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
That's not hall of fame level. You were taking a routine short cut and got caught.

Hall of fame level is getting pulled over for 51 in a 50, or pulled over because stopped slightly in front of the stops sign so you could have a better view of traffic.

I got pulled over for doing 31 in a 30. He came a he!!in at me spinning his tires, he almost did a 360 in the road, had his lights and siren on and was going at very high rate of speed in this 30 MPH limit. He asked me what was the hurry, I told him I was only doing 30 and he said 31 I said ok and laughed at him.

Went to court over this and he pulled me to the side and said he would reduce it to a less offence. Again I laughed at him again and said I will take my chances before the judge.

I had 3 witnesses there saying he was going at a high rate of speed in the 30 MPH zone to catch me and that he does it all the time. Seems the people that pay him in the little sh$thole don't even like him. I even had pictures of his burn out on the road. He got fired last year for beating on some 87 year old lady for speeding, and running his lawn tractor in his 2B stone drive way hitting his neighbors house with rocks.

Laughed at him the third time when I walked out of court free and clear of fines and points.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by EdM
I have been pulled over many times and think I am running 50% at best on citations. I was wrong in every case so no whining from me. Just good folks doing their jobs, like most of us.

I can't even begin to count up the number of times I have been pulled over but I will guess I am at about 70% or better for warnings. Try to be polite and truthful. Don't lie. Turn on interior lights, radio off, window down, arm on door or slightly out and right hand on top of wheel. Sunglasses off and try to have license etc before the police gets out of car so I don't have to rummage around with the police standing next to me because I almost always have a firearm on me and multiple in the vehicle, so I try to minimize concern on his part by not having to reach for things in the vehicle while he is standing there.

I believe I have received tickets in almost a dozen different states and warnings in many more. I have no problem with 95% of my police interactions. I even called in to give the last MHP who ticketed me kudos to his supervisor because he did a great job, didn't waste my time and was really decent about how he treated me. I appreciate he was doing his job without wasting my time and being a prick.

Montana MOFO
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Dick.

In spades...!

Takes a special kinda miserable prick to do $ch!t like that.

Figured it was karma for all the times I was a miserable prick.

Like the time I wrote a gal for dusting a flashing red light at 3 in the morning.

Her and her friend asked me if I wanted a BJ, from both of them.

I said yes, but she was still getting the ticket.

She said, "nevermind"

I was offended.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Like any of that actually happened..

nothing else to do, so stalking me as usual so you can be Johnny on the Spot with your ridicule of me....

keep batting there Rauncho Bozo... ya can't strike out on the bench......

and you must have been there to verify your claim? Right?

you really are a little pathetic moronic Dipschitt....

oh wait, you're from California... that explains a lot of it...

have a good day there Beavis, and don't trip in a gopher hole and break your friggin neck....that would break our hearts...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Back in '64 I had flown home from Lackland AFB to pick up my car in PA and drive it back to Texas. I was running behind schedule and hadn't stopped until about 2am Sunday morning where I got about 3 hours sleep - after a quick breakfast I was on the road and the road deserted and I probably didn't see a dozen cars in the first or so and I running about 80 an hour out in the boonies when as went I ran thru a small town without a soul on the streets and that fast U was thry town but a few minutes later there was red flashing light behind me - did I mention I was in Alabama - with PA plates - and I had just busted thru his town at 3X the speed limit.

I pulled over and he got out looking the sherriff from "In the hear of night" but with fancy Peachmaker in a western holster.

He ask if I knew how fast I was going I told him when I tokd him I ws trying time before folks got up for church. He also if I was some "northern liberal trouble maker" making it sould like one bad word and at that I knew I/d be seeing the judge morning. I told him I was retuning to Lackland from leave and that of the reason I was speeding was I had be back in Texas by Monday night.

He smiled and told me his nephew has just started training and did I know him. I said it base I'd him and tell I'd talked his Uncle if he liked. He gave be a big smile, returned my license and told to keep to about 65 and probably wouldn't be bothered.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 67 invisible), 2,668 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,431
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.