Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Looks like a good one.Ya gonna have to destroy the door to get in.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by DancesWithGuns
My dog would bark.

My Glock would bark.

Dog is always listening.

Glock is always glistening.

Always within reach......spare G17 mags are in nooks and crannies all over the house.

Casualties would be high and I strongly suspect the survivors would be breaking 100 meter dash records leaving the scene of carnage.

You don't need a dog or a Glock. Just krap your panties like you usually doo here , that and your buzzard breath should keep most intruders away from your outhouse domecile.... any that make it thru you can bore them to death.

Now GFY

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Pete E
From a legal perspective, I wonder what would have happened to the lady had she killed one or more of those druggies?

that is where the old saying, "Shoot, Shovel, Shut UP" comes into play.

That'd be far more of a recipe for disaster than calling the cops with their cooling, still leaking, carcasses in the front room or hallway.

We live far enough from town to expect to deal with most situations ourselves. I wouldn't have a problem facing a local jury for putting speed holes in a intruder. I expect to be the only living witness to testify anyway wink

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It's 200 yards to the corner of the lane when a vehicle is visible, 100 ft deep gullys on three sides of the house that would be hard to get to to begin with. A mountain cur to watch out that doesn't miss anything, a couple of 16" AR's one on each side of the bed with a 29 round load with 5 tracers at the bottom and a spare, a pistol in every room and a retired Marine Viet vet that went thru Major Land's school that lives a half mile on the only road to come in that doesn't sleep well. Think I will be okay.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I was on the wrong end one time.
I was doing a job out at a place called Little Lake Ca.
I got there before sun up and there was an old abandoned burned out Motel at the off ramp of the freeway.

I was told to wait until someone from the crew showed up and lead me into the job site at the top of the hill.

Well things being the way they were and the place I was at. I started walking around the motel looking at stuff. Didn't even think of going inside because it looked like it could implode at any time.

Still dark out side and I hear a lever being cycled behind me.

I turned to see a guy pointing a rifle at my head.

He asked what I was doing there and I started spewing anything and everything I new about the job ,the crew, and the company that I was to meet.

He put the rifle down and we talked for about an hour before the crew showed up.

He was an unfortunate guy that had lost his high paying job snapped and became a hermit living in that old burned out motel.

I went back several years later to do another job up the hill and the motel had been removed. I some times wonder what happened to that guy. He was about the same age as me.

But talk about a PUCKER Factor.

I the case of someone breaking into my place I would probably end up loosing my life protecting my family but I would take as many as I could down with me.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the only problem I would have is not shooting one of my dogs.
and if one of the punks did, there would be a trail of bodies until there was a count of six.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
what is a good watch dog that does Not shed??

If you really like something,you better buy two!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
The Bouvier des Flanders (Flandres, depending) is hypoallergenic..theoreticaly no shedding.

Cool azz dogs.....

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
In complete silence until meat was a foot wider than the door frame on the inside then use whatever it took of the 90 rounds of AR-10 308 to end the threat.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had heard Ingwe's and NHK9's stories about Malinois, but had never met one. Then a year or two ago I'm gassing up in Junction, Tx, and see an older fellow pull up, deploy his power chair, let his dog out of his pickup, and head into the store. I'm busy gassing up the truck, and don't pay a lot of attention. I finish filling the truck, head into the restroom, and finish just about the time a door to the handicap stall opens. I look down and think, "oh damn, a Mal" crazy blush

I compliment the owner on his dog, and note that the dog watches me carefully, but stays very calm. As I walk out I also note the guy had Vietnam veteran stickers on the back of his truck.

He had a fine dog, and seemed to deserve it. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
This thread has me thinking of an Akita I owned some years ago.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by gunner500
In complete silence until meat was a foot wider than the door frame on the inside then use whatever it took of the 90 rounds of AR-10 308 to end the threat.

I have to think that's the time/place for the .450!

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Pete E
From a legal perspective, I wonder what would have happened to the lady had she killed one or more of those druggies?

that is where the old saying, "Shoot, Shovel, Shut UP" comes into play.

That'd be far more of a recipe for disaster than calling the cops with their cooling, still leaking, carcasses in the front room or hallway.

We live far enough from town to expect to deal with most situations ourselves. I wouldn't have a problem facing a local jury for putting speed holes in a intruder. I expect to be the only living witness to testify anyway wink

While it is fashionable to tell a young attorney that "trying homicides is easy, it's just an assault with one less witness", nothing can be further from the truth. See, the "silent witness" is deified (Think TM) and there is no opportunity for cross examination to demonstrate what a POS he is. This complicates things immensely.

Laws of self defense vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Know the rules where you are. Everything written here could be admissible (if determined to be relevant) if you had to defend you or your home.

I strongly suggest those with interest in these issues to look at the Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network. Excellent training materials and legal funding for self-defense incidents.

GE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe that if a gun owner/user is REALLY responsible, they should be familiar with their state's laws on use of force and have a print-out of the home defense clauses always around. NY is a surprise to most in this respect as the use of DEADLY force is surprisingly more generous than most would believe. Article 35 of the NYS Penal Law.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Sponxx
My preparedness is realizing it may still happen. Alarm system is hotwired to PD. Wife gets kids and calls 911, while I provide cover. Handgun is hot and accesible. She needs more practice to be comfortable with it, but is not gun naive, or shy.

There is a metal gate before front door and may delay things. Door from garage into house is metal layered and unkickable (tried once when locked out and bounced!!)

No flash-bangs or some smoke bombs in the mix?

Claymore and dragon's breathshells... burnt maroon looks much better than red spatter smile

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
[quote=jimmyp]

Dogs would be going crazy before they ever got to the door..........

MM

This.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They might have killed me but I'd die with an empty mag and a hot barrel.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ravenr2
My heelers chase Griz for fun, woe be to the home invader.

+1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Anyone ever hear about a ghetto dog, Black Lassie, half-dog half-rat ?

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man thats scary...seriously i have a gwrman shep and guns but thats alot of firepower coming in the door....makes me think i need to reevaluate my home security starting with the perimeter of my property so i would have more notice of their arrival

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,458 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,169
Posts18,484,568
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.