Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Just picked up a handful of these puppies.
Yeah...I know...
"Its not full tang."
OK, I'm not using it as a hatchet.
"Its grip is injection molded."
OK, so is a Heckler and Koch.
"Its prone to rust."
OK, I'll try not to leave it outside.

The thing is as sharp as the devils tongue, the grip is almost sticky when wet, the sheath is virtually indestructible and its $13 bucks.
Did I mention is really, really sharp?
I've owned some Helle, some Wilson's, some C.Reeves, and some customs by ROEasler and Ronnie Gaskins. All very beautiful works. Each has its benifots.
But as a Siple tool, doing what a knife is designed to do...this it the peaches.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is a good tool. Amazing how good they are for the price, I found them by accident and risk $10 to try one. I am way too tight to buy a custom knife that I would be afraid to use. Bought a Spyderco a couple years ago, still am very careful about how it is used, and that is a $70 plastic handled production knife.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love Mora's. The best knife for <$15.00 that you can buy. Easy to sharpen too. I like that scandi grind. It's like using training wheels to sharpen the edge. I do wish they would make a bigger variety of patterns. How cool would a Mora drop point be?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i like these

come in both stainless and carbon

[Linked Image]

~ $13 on ebay.

lose em, lend em, drop em in the water.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I love Mora's. The best knife for <$15.00 that you can buy. Easy to sharpen too. I like that scandi grind. It's like using training wheels to sharpen the edge. I do wish they would make a bigger variety of patterns. How cool would a Mora drop point be?

This.

Has to be the best value to performance deal in all the knifeworld.

After using a simple Mora drop point, hunters would be leaving their Buck and Gerbers at home.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These are very popular with deer stalkers over here in the UK..I have a couple as "beater" knives..In all the years I have been stalking, I have never heard of one failing because its not full tang either..

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I keep one in all the vehicles.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have never warmed up to Mora knives. The blades are too small, not enough height, handles too little.
Might be good knives for the money, but I don't mind spending a little more money for a better knife.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have never warmed up to Mora knives. The blades are too small, not enough height, handles too little.
Might be good knives for the money, but I don't mind spending a little more money for a better knife.

I actually dislike just about everything about their styling and "feel", *but* they work very well, and they are cheap enough to be almost disposable. As I say I keep some about as "beaters" that I don't mind lending out...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"Loaners" and "beaters" is what the under-$20 Cold Steel knives are intended for. The Canadian Belt Knife and Pendleton Light Hunter styles work well and if you lose one, well you've lost something without much value, about the cost of a California Roll lunch at the local sushi place. Not so with a good factory knife, like a Buck 105, or a custom knife from Mr. Ingram, Mr. King, or Mr. Murr.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I prefer the Companion over the Pro series mentioned above..... you gain .6" blade length, but more importantly (for me) it is also 33% thicker steel. I take a Dremel, and put some jimping on the back of mine, as well as flat the remainder of the spine, to give a hard, square edge for striking my ferro-rod. my 2 cents.... maybe worth less. Ok- back in my hole.

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
~Mark Twain
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I'll tell you this much, I cleaned a mess of trout a few hours ago with one and it smoked through them like a laser and when I put the knife down in the shallows it was instantly visible. Hard to beat for an ego free, sharp out of the box, durable under 15 buck knife.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Rapala and Normark fillet knives are also good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

400 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 260madman, 44 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,859
Posts18,478,555
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.