Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wife and I haven't been to the movies in at least a year but as a child of the 60's and an engineer and as a kid that had grandparents who lived in FL and thus had decent priced tickets Disney (and I loved Tomorrowland) I wanted to see. On the counter argument we have George Clooney and his liberal agenda.

All being said, we found this to be a pretty good movie and while there is a message it very much scoped as everything is possible and that if we apply ourselves and engineers and scientist that we can solve whatever faces humanity. We enjoyed it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Pugs
Wife and I haven't been to the movies in at least a year but as a child of the 60's and an engineer and as a kid that had grandparents who lived in FL and thus had decent priced tickets Disney (and I loved Tomorrowland) I wanted to see. On the counter argument we have George Clooney and his liberal agenda.

All being said, we found this to be a pretty good movie and while there is a message it very much scoped as everything is possible and that if we apply ourselves and engineers and scientist that we can solve whatever faces humanity. We enjoyed it.

You think you can, but you can't.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I . I did not want to see it but i enjoyed it.

Slim
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead

This ^^^^

IMHO, there are many problems that humans simply can't solve.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
might be the best damn movie ever made, but with George Cloony in it..........nope. shocked

Sam......

IC B2

Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs

If I had your attitude I'd simply suck a Glocksicle and be done with it.

I don't roll that way.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by achadwick

This ^^^^

This +1 ^^^^^^^^

My dad was an engineer, but knew his human limitations, imposed upon us a the Garden, but that is another story

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As I recall, there was a time when common perspective had it that exceeding 60 miles per hour would bring sudden death. Then it was supersonic flight that was impossible. Up until recently it was thought that faster than light speed travel was impossible, but that isn't so clear anymore.

Any day now I expect my boomerang to come back. Then I'm going to play golf on the moon.

Our only limiting factors are the imagination and time, and I'm not so sure about time in the long range scheme of things.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was always very unimpressed by Disney worlds tommorowland at space mountain...oooh!!! Color television!! Amazing!

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by achadwick

This ^^^^

Regardless of what the educated do, the combination of liberals giving us away and our enemies working through them, when we are history it will be cheaper for other to battle than survive in harmony.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Regardless of what the educated do, the combination of liberals giving us away and our enemies working through them, when we are history it will be cheaper for other to battle than survive in harmony....

Sorry for prolonging this thread, but I felt compelled to save this bit of...orthography...

I detect a signature line in there somewhere, or maybe a Haiku.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
In the shop I work at we get to build stuff for the film industry occasionally. When it come we usually get swamped but somehow we get the jobs done and the customers are happy. I won't even bother seeing it till it comes out on video. Rest assured that the OT I earned while building stuff for various films and TV shows has paid for guns and hunting gear:)

Fuzzy

Pardon my fat fingered I-phone typing

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

253 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 01Foreman400, 300_savage, 264mag, 204guy, 257heaven, 43 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 1,063 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,974
Posts18,499,457
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.